Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Hey, I find that insulting since I hate IASW. :roll:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Wed 11, 2009 4:31 pm

It's a twist on the "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" phrase.

Actually, a female friend of mine coined that phrase on a visit to WDW MK. She wanted to go on IASW, and her brother and I wanted to ride Space Mountain, to which then she said as a joke, "Men are from Space Mountain, Women are from It's a Small World." It's stuck in our little group as an in-joke ever since. When all of us get together as a group, the guys want to do Space Mountain, the women want to do It's A Small World.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Wed 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Ms Swan....He's on his own with this one!! :shock:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Wed 11, 2009 4:56 pm

Jacca5660, if anything, she meant to be a sexist comment about guys - "guys only want to do thrill-rides". My female friends will ride the thrill rides too, but they believe they have more "variety" than us guys because they're willing to ride ALL rides, not just the thrill-rides. Come to think of it, its true for alot of the guys I've to the parks with...first thing most guys want to ride is the thrill rides...especially one of my cousins (just loves the thrill-rides to death, so to speak)...

...me? When I'm the parks, the first thing I try to figure out is how to get on Soarin' in EPCOT or the HM or POTC in MK (thrill rides are fine, but I love the classics)...

But we have strayed from the topic on hand about Christmas being promoted too early...

Today I had off because of Veteran's Day, and all over place - Christmas Tree lots have sprung up! It's more than a month away! Won't those trees be dried-out, brown and brittle by Christmas if you buy one now???

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Wed 11, 2009 5:05 pm

As mindflipper just pointed out, this is going way off topic. Let's just please get back on topic and not make any comments that can be taken as sexist.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Wed 11, 2009 5:23 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote: we have 3 mischievious cats and too many breakable ornaments
I have one cat - very "Alpha Female" - but she loves Christmas Trees. She can sit there and stare at the motion/moving ornaments like she's hypnotized and quite often loves to curl up with the gifts under the tree to nap. She has never done anything to any ornament or the tree itself.
2 of ours are Alpha-Females...one is 8 yrs old and the other is 4...they always seem to bicker, just like kids. My third one is the quiet one (and is definitely the one to watch out for). 2 of them are litter mates (the 8 y/o) and the 4 y/o was rescued from a loading dock.

...and in response to your other question about the congrats, the answer is no...not yet. But someday...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Wed 11, 2009 6:18 pm

My cat - like your 4 y/o - is a rescued cat. I can't say I wanted a cat, and have never really liked cats all my life. It would be more accurate to say she adopted me than I adopted her. If I tried to bring in another cat, my current cat would try to kill it. When other strays have come here and tried to move in - ewwwwwww, did it get bad. Read bad. However, if I couldn't keep those stray cats, I rescued them rather than leave them out there - I got the cats shots updated and then placed them into homes through local cat adoption agencies.

As to your cats, MmeLeota, have you tried one of those ultrasonic deterents? Its a motion sensor alarm that puts a high-frequency noise that only cats and dogs can hear. I had a co-worker place one on her tree so that when her pets got near the tree, they would set off the alarm and stay away from the tree because of that high frequency noise/alarm. I have never personally tried because my cat behaves very well with our trees and decorations.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Wed 11, 2009 8:31 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote: Women!! :roll: :wink: :?:
Like the old WDW saying, "Men are from Space Mountain, Women are from It's a Small World." :mickey: :wink: :lol:
LOL! :lol:

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Nov Fri 13, 2009 6:03 am

Walmart was surprisingly Christmas carol free tonight. Maybe because I go there really late (think midnight, 1 am) and it would drive the workers nuts to hear them all night? Who knows, but it was really nice. Actually they didn't have any music playing. Weird.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Fri 13, 2009 9:02 am

Funny thing is, some months ago when I was in Walmart I actually heard some of the area music tracks from the Living Seas (they're also here on subsonic). That was weird - but being a WDW nut I knew where I had heard them before!

inkydog
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by inkydog » Nov Thu 19, 2009 8:26 am

I don't like to rush the season too much, but I do celebrate Christmas in July every year. It's part of a music blog that I do. Actually, it's a Christmas music blog and Christmas in July gives me an excuse to post in the off season. I'm just gearing up for this year - posting starts Thanksgiving Eve. If you want to grab some long out-of-print Christmas music, stop by using the link below! There's also a little Hawaiian music there just to keep the turntable from rusting up in the summer.

Cheerful Earful

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sun 22, 2009 5:52 pm

"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage