Too early for Christmas carols!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Well, getting this back on topic, while driving home I saw a house lit up for Christmas. Now I have never decorated for Christmas, since I don't celebrate it. However, I am pretty sure that the second week of November is a little too early to have the Christmas light up and on.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Yep, it is too early. I have to admit, it takes me three weekends to decorate the outside of my house. However, even though I start early, I do not turn on the lights until Thanksgiving.

But if you think they started early, maybe it's the opposite. I've seen people who never take the lights down! They stay up year around! I wonder if the house you saw may have done the same thing?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Tue 10, 2009 12:42 am

If Disney doesn't allow employees to say "Merry Christmas" then why is it "Mickey's Very Merry CHRISTMAS Party"??? DH said he had read an article where Disney wouldn't change it to "Mickey's Very Merry HOLIDAY Party" just to please a few people. I will have to see if he can find that article?! Sorry to get off topic again.

We don't put our Christmas decorations up until Dec. 1st and we then leave our tree up until 3 Kings Day, that's when they found Jesus.

I do feel it's a bit too early for decorations and Christmas music though, I'm just not ready for the winter to set in yet!

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Nov Tue 10, 2009 2:41 am

Too early for decorations. We don't get our tree until like the 19th or the 20th! I may get a few of those gel gem things this year, I'm not sure yet. I don't do a tree at my house because I always go to my parents house.

I am going down to my Jewish friend's houses to celebrate Hanukkah this year (hey, feed me latkes and I'll go anywhere...) I'm looking forward to learning the prayers and stuff. It'll be a neat experience. I like singing Hanukkah songs because I don't hear them very often, so it's a nice change.

Honestly Len, if you wished me a Happy Hanukkah, I'd be down with that. That's what ya celebrate, so it's OK to wish me that. :mrgreen:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Tue 10, 2009 9:23 am

For us, decorations go up a few days after T-day. We don't do a full sized tree since we aren't home to celebrate (and we have 3 mischievious cats and too many breakable ornaments). We have a tabletop tree that goes on top of the entertainment center, and a TNBC themed village on top of the cabinets. Plus anything else we feel motivated to put up.

Christmastime tends to be really crazy and we're not home to enjoy the decorations as much so we have cut back. That will change when we eventually have a family of course. :)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 10, 2009 9:36 am

MmeLeota wrote: we have 3 mischievious cats and too many breakable ornaments
I have one cat - very "Alpha Female" - but she loves Christmas Trees. She can sit there and stare at the motion/moving ornaments like she's hypnotized and quite often loves to curl up with the gifts under the tree to nap. She has never done anything to any ornament or the tree itself.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Tue 10, 2009 10:42 am

Hey hockeygirl, you mentioned those gel gems....did you see Walgreens has Mickey gels??? They're awesome! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Tue 10, 2009 11:09 am

MmeLeota wrote: That will change when we eventually have a family of course.
Just have to ask - was that a coy, subtle annoucement? Are congrats in order? :?

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Nov Tue 10, 2009 2:52 pm

OMG! I have to go to Walgreen's! I have to go pick up a prescription anyway... I just may have to pick up a few Mickey ones too...

I'm sure by the time I get down there for Thanksgiving my mom will have the creche collection out for viewing. She actually has quite a stunning collection.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 10, 2009 4:49 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Hey hockeygirl, you mentioned those gel gems....did you see Walgreens has Mickey gels??? They're awesome! :D
Nobody tell my DW!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Nov Wed 11, 2009 12:03 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Hey hockeygirl, you mentioned those gel gems....did you see Walgreens has Mickey gels??? They're awesome! :D
Nobody tell my DW!!!
I'm telling! I'm telling! Everyone should experience those gel gems at least once in their lives.

It's already Christmas winter weather here. Yuck! I'm looking forward to some nice sunnier, warmer weather next week in LA!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Wed 11, 2009 12:18 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
Nobody tell my DW!!!
I'm definitely telling her!!! :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Wed 11, 2009 6:32 am

Women!! :roll: :wink: :?:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » Nov Wed 11, 2009 10:43 am

i love Christmas music!!! Just not until after Halloween please!

And then I like to hear it until at least mid- January!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Wed 11, 2009 11:15 am

Jacca5660 wrote: Women!! :roll: :wink: :?:
Like the old WDW saying, "Men are from Space Mountain, Women are from It's a Small World." :mickey: :wink: :lol: