Notice how your posting changes?

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 30, 2009 6:32 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I guess we should be starting the Big Kids Club??? DH and I would be charter members too!

Don't you think it's funny when we were kids, we couldn't wait to be grown-ups, but as grown-ups, we all want to be child-like...same goes for nap time. I never wanted to take a nap after lunch...now I would love to take a nap...funny how these things work... :)

As far as looking at my past posts compared to now, I was so nervous when I first came to the boards. I had never been a part of a forum before. Now I can't imagine life without Subsonic! :mickey:
I'll second that!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I still feel like a kid inside in so many ways, even though I'm.... well... MUCH older now.... *cough*
Okay, I'll spill it: I'm 46 *gasp* :shock:
Of course, the only reason I'm willing to admit it now is because I know some of y'all are older! :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 30, 2009 6:41 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I guess we should be starting the Big Kids Club??? DH and I would be charter members too!

Don't you think it's funny when we were kids, we couldn't wait to be grown-ups, but as grown-ups, we all want to be child-like...same goes for nap time. I never wanted to take a nap after lunch...now I would love to take a nap...funny how these things work... :)

As far as looking at my past posts compared to now, I was so nervous when I first came to the boards. I had never been a part of a forum before. Now I can't imagine life without Subsonic! :mickey:
I'll second that!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I still feel like a kid inside in so many ways, even though I'm.... well... MUCH older now.... *cough*
Okay, I'll spill it: I'm 46 *gasp* :shock:
Of course, the only reason I'm willing to admit it now is because I know some of y'all are older! :lol:
BITE ME!! I resemble that remark!! :+}
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Sat 31, 2009 9:17 am

You guys crack me up!!!! Jacca you remind me of a friend of mine with all his quips. :)

I'm mmeleota, I'm 31 and a BIG KID!!!! so there! :P

....but every time I set foot in DL, I'm 6 again! Somehow I don't think that will ever change!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sun 01, 2009 1:50 pm

Len90 wrote: I have noticed a change over in the actively posting members since I joined here. A few good people have slowed down or stopped posting while numerous new members have joined and have started posting actively.
Do you realize I see about the same people - maybe two dozen or so of us - actively post, and yet the membership list for subsonic is over 6,900 people? You would think with a membership list that large there would be more active posting going on all the time...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 02, 2009 8:53 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote: I have noticed a change over in the actively posting members since I joined here. A few good people have slowed down or stopped posting while numerous new members have joined and have started posting actively.
Do you realize I see about the same people - maybe two dozen or so of us - actively post, and yet the membership list for subsonic is over 6,900 people? You would think with a membership list that large there would be more active posting going on all the time...
I've thought about that myself. Can't figure why someone would join and then never post anything, unless they only joined to listen to the streams.
Oh well, the silver lining in that cloud is that if they all were posting, we'd NEVER advance to the next level! :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 02, 2009 10:46 am

There have been about 300 that have joined since I have joined, but I never see that many A or B tickets posting. Where are they?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Mon 02, 2009 11:50 am

I'm pretty sure there are alot of registered users that don't post on the forums, I think they just "lurk" as we call them. :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Lurking members? It sound so mysterious and sinister... :wink:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 02, 2009 4:19 pm

I tried lurking for a while. Didn't work. I just couldn't resist chiming in with my two-cents worth when I read interesting posts. Guess it's the cat instinct in me: dangle something enticing in front of me and I pounce on it.... :mrgreen:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 02, 2009 4:57 pm

A lot of people that join are really joining because they think you need to be a member in order to listen to the streams or join in order to request some tracks. However, on here the more active members, like me, have no life and live on here :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Len90 wrote:A lot of people that join are really joining because they think you need to be a member in order to listen to the streams or join in order to request some tracks. However, on here the more active members, like me, have no life and live on here :D
No life?!! Len!!! Disney IS LIFE!! Everything else is just details!
No life..... pffft! You should be ashamed! Now give me three "mea culpas" and recite the Mickey Mouse Club theme song twice! :mickey2:

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Nov Mon 02, 2009 5:14 pm

What have I noticed? My posting frequency has really decreased! (Up for debate if that is a good or bad thing. Haha. ;)) I'm quieter than I used to be here.
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Len90 wrote:A lot of people that join are really joining because they think you need to be a member in order to listen to the streams or join in order to request some tracks. However, on here the more active members, like me, have no life and live on here :D
Len I have more life than I want. I come here for refuge!!

Like Mouse said everything else is just details! Have you sang the song yet??!!?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Mon 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Len I have more life than I want. I come here for refuge!!

Like Mouse said everything else is just details! Have you sang the song yet??!!?
Okay, let me amend what I said. There are some like me, who have no life OUTSIDE OF THIS SITE!

Unfortunately I was unable to recite the march out loud since I am in the middle of a lecture, but I have said it quietly to myself!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Len90 wrote: Okay, let me amend what I said. There are some like me, who have no life OUTSIDE OF THIS SITE!
You got family, friends, college classes, Rutgers football, love of WDW theme parks - good start of a life outside of this site, Len, build on it. Join a club. Try out for a sport. Get a GF (if you already have one, try two then). You're young and in college, Len - LIVE IT UP. Don't waste too much time here on the forum with us, dude.