Notice how your posting changes?

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Notice how your posting changes?

Post by MetalRage » Oct Fri 30, 2009 1:59 am

Have any of you gone back and looked at your posts from day one? I have noticed that I rarely use smileys anymore. I used to use them A LOT! Any one else noticed how their posts have changed over the years (months, weeks, or how ever long you been posting)?
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 9:42 am

Things have I learned since day one:
(1) the edit button, I used to think once I pressed SUBMIT I could not go back and change it
(2) I finally figured out how to attach a picture - a big accomplishment for me!
(3) I finally figured out how to attach an avatar - and what an avatar was.

Then again, this is my first time ever posting on any forum/board/whatever you call it.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Fri 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I have seen how more mature I have gotten over my 19 months here. I have noticed a change over in the actively posting members since I joined here. A few good people have slowed down or stopped posting while numerous new members have joined and have started posting actively. It is great to see ourselves change but it is also fun to see how the board has evolved.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 30, 2009 1:04 pm

mindflipper wrote:Things have I learned since day one:
(1) the edit button, I used to think once I pressed SUBMIT I could not go back and change it
(2) I finally figured out how to attach a picture - a big accomplishment for me!
(3) I finally figured out how to attach an avatar - and what an avatar was.

Then again, this is my first time ever posting on any forum/board/whatever you call it.
I wish I could figure out how to post a picture! I've actually asked for help with that in one or two other threads, but so far no one has responded.
So how do you do it?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Mouskedude wrote: So how do you do it?
Here's how I figured it out. Step One: go to photobucket.com and open an account. Step Two: load your picture into your photobucket account. Once loaded, it will give you ways of linking photos. The [IMG] codes are the ones you need for a pic to be displayed here. Step Three: Copy that link information from there on photobucket and paste it into your posting here on subsonic. Then when you press SUBMIT, the picture should appear here in your listing.

Does that sound right to everyone? Do you know of an easier way? If so, please tell me and Mousekedude.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Before I do that, can you tell me if photobucket has a way to adjust the size of the picture so you can set it at whatever size you want it to be in the post here? Or do I have to make it the correct size before uploading it there?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Mousekedude wrote: can you tell me if photobucket has a way to adjust the size of the picture so you can set it at whatever size you want it to be in the post here?
I think you may have to do that yourself for the postings. Some other cases this website does it, like it did for my avatar (it's in my photobucket account). I didn't shrink it down, but somehow that was done for me.
Len90 wrote: A few good people have slowed down or stopped posting while numerous new members have joined and have started posting actively.
Maybe once some people get enough points for the requests, they just stop posting to the forum. It's a shame, they miss out on the fun. For me, I joined for the forum, not the radio (I was sent the link the forum by a friend, not to the radio). I thought the radio part was a fringe benefit to being a member. Took me a while to realize it was really the other way.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 30, 2009 2:25 pm

Oh, I have noticed it a whole lot. I used to use all lowercase back then but now I've kicked myself and started to use proper grammar and punctuation. I use the edit button a lot, watch how many times I post in one go and I've been one out of two that post often with Disney news.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 30, 2009 2:56 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Mouskedude wrote: So how do you do it?
Here's how I figured it out. Step One: go to photobucket.com and open an account. Step Two: load your picture into your photobucket account. Once loaded, it will give you ways of linking photos. The [IMG] codes are the ones you need for a pic to be displayed here. Step Three: Copy that link information from there on photobucket and paste it into your posting here on subsonic. Then when you press SUBMIT, the picture should appear here in your listing.

Does that sound right to everyone? Do you know of an easier way? If so, please tell me and Mousekedude.
Thank you!! Now I can do it!!

Len after you look back you can see how your writing and ideas have matured also. You are right about all the people that have come and gone. It seems to come in waves.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Wow, I'm so honored that newbie like me is the one who taught something new to those who have been here longer than he. :wink:

See, Len90, even though I'm decades older than you I'm not totally inept at technology and the internet... :wink:

Just mildly. 8-)

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 30, 2009 3:11 pm

You can teach an old dog!! just not UGA!!! LMAO

I don't think I'm much older then you Mind. Now go look at the pumpkin post.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Fri 30, 2009 5:04 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote: A few good people have slowed down or stopped posting while numerous new members have joined and have started posting actively.
Maybe once some people get enough points for the requests, they just stop posting to the forum. It's a shame, they miss out on the fun. For me, I joined for the forum, not the radio (I was sent the link the forum by a friend, not to the radio). I thought the radio part was a fringe benefit to being a member. Took me a while to realize it was really the other way.
You might be correct about that mindflipper. I also think the other reason for this is that people join before going away on a Disney Vacation and just never come back after coming home. I can understand the gloomies that are tough to overcome following your vacation, but this site is great at helping to try and fill the massive void.
Jacca5660 wrote: Len after you look back you can see how your writing and ideas have matured also. You are right about all the people that have come and gone. It seems to come in waves.
Why thank you Jacca. However, this might be as mature as I will ever get!
:P
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 30, 2009 5:16 pm

You are so welcomed young man!! I'm a Toys "r" Us kid too!!! In the words of Jimmy Buffett, "I may grow older, but I'm never growing up!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Len90 wrote: Why thank you Jacca. However, this might be as mature as I will ever get!
Take it from me, maturity is soooo over-rated. The body may be aging, but mind doesn't have to be. Avoid getting any more mature, Len90! Be a lost boy forever!

"There's a little matter I forgot to mention..."

When talking about getting pics in your posts, please realize that your post is LINKED to the picture located in photobucket. If you delete that picture from photobucket, your picture will vanish here on Subsonic.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 30, 2009 6:00 pm

I guess we should be starting the Big Kids Club??? DH and I would be charter members too!

Don't you think it's funny when we were kids, we couldn't wait to be grown-ups, but as grown-ups, we all want to be child-like...same goes for nap time. I never wanted to take a nap after lunch...now I would love to take a nap...funny how these things work... :)

As far as looking at my past posts compared to now, I was so nervous when I first came to the boards. I had never been a part of a forum before. Now I can't imagine life without Subsonic! :mickey: