World Series

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 06, 2009 4:20 pm

It could have been far worse...IT COULD HAVE BEEN THE METS!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL....HA!! I KILL ME!!! :lol: :roll: :wink:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Fri 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:It could have been far worse...IT COULD HAVE BEEN THE METS!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL....HA!! I KILL ME!!! :lol: :roll: :wink:
Jacca5660, are you trying to tick off Len90? Beware, you forget he has those super moderator powers.... :shock:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 06, 2009 4:31 pm

YEA, but he's still a Mets fan. I like Len a lot, I just can't understand him rooting for....THEM!! From an X-New Yorker and a BRAVES fan!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Fri 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:YEA, but he's still a Mets fan. I like Len a lot, I just can't understand him rooting for....THEM!! From an X-New Yorker and a BRAVES fan!!
So you should also be happy that the Phillies lost... not necessarily that the Yankees won. It's okay to have our disagreements on teams we root for. It's what makes life fun.

Also, those powers, there shouldn't be any need for them on this board. Only thing I've had to do since getting promoted was delete a double post and move a thread. This board runs too smoothly and the members are too kind here that there is rarely ever any issues.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 06, 2009 6:14 pm

I rather a national league team win. Actually I'd rather any team win except the Yankees!! I grew up hating the Yankees in a house full of Yankee fans. Even when I was a kid...wait for it....I was a Met fan...that's right. Now in my older age I've seen the light and am a BRAVES fan!!

PS GO GATORS!!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Fri 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Len90 wrote: Also, those powers, there shouldn't be any need for them on this board.
Glad to hear it, but I won't take any chances, Len - you got a really cool monorail collection! Your toys are cooler than mine! So, gonna be nice to Len just in case there's ever a one in a billion chance some day I ever get to see it in person - well, I'll keep the teasing down the minimum...well, at least not too much teasing....maybe.... :wink:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 07, 2009 12:16 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote: Also, those powers, there shouldn't be any need for them on this board.
Glad to hear it, but I won't take any chances, Len - you got a really cool monorail collection! Your toys are cooler than mine! So, gonna be nice to Len just in case there's ever a one in a billion chance some day I ever get to see it in person - well, I'll keep the teasing down the minimum...well, at least not too much teasing....maybe.... :wink:
You have to dig at the man when you can! Now Len is the man on Sub!! The man is the powers, not any one individual.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 07, 2009 12:24 am

Yes, I got a bad case of "toy-envy". :wink:

Len90: I got to ask a question about the toy monorails: do they have a motor in them? The tracks are made of plastic, so I know they work like train set (like HO or N guage trains) where the power converter hooked the tracks. How do you control the monorails? I know this all isn't World Series related, so I you would like, maybe start a new topic about your monorail collection, it would be neat. :idea:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Sat 07, 2009 12:45 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
You have to dig at the man when you can! Now Len is the man on Sub!! The man is the powers, not any one individual.
I'm nowhere near being the man on Subsonic. Sub and rdeacon are "the man" on this site since they run this place. Then you have the rest of the admin group which would include acp, JS, Dr. Ravenscroft and a couple of others that I can't think of off the top of my head. They have all the powers.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 07, 2009 1:29 am

Len90 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:
mindflipper wrote: Glad to hear it, but I won't take any chances, Len - you got a really cool monorail collection! Your toys are cooler than mine! So, gonna be nice to Len just in case there's ever a one in a billion chance some day I ever get to see it in person - well, I'll keep the teasing down the minimum...well, at least not too much teasing....maybe.... :wink:
I'm nowhere near being the man on Subsonic. Sub and rdeacon are "the man" on this site since they run this place. Then you have the rest of the admin group which would include acp, JS, Dr. Ravenscroft and a couple of others that I can't think of off the top of my head. They have all the powers.
The man is an organization. It's the machine. You are now part of the machine...you the MAN!!!! RAGE at the WALL!!!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Sat 07, 2009 3:14 pm

sniff sniff...mmm testosterone....

ok, a little estrogen here...

I can't believe I'm gonna admit this...I too used to root fotr the Mets...AND the Yankees!

My Grandma was an avid Mets fan and my uncle is an avid Yankees fan (great for the family rivalry)...I always sided with Grandma since no one else would and I was ecstatic whenthe Mets won the WS in '86! But as I got older and watched the game more, I couldn't believe I was rooting for the Mets and I switched to the Yanks...I was the traitor from that point on. Then as I started paying more attention to the game I realized I didn't like the Yanks, I only cheered for them for the family. Being in the West, I wanted to cheer for a closer team. Then a happy little movie called "Angels in the Outfield" came out and that was it. Win or lose, they're a closer team.

So that's how I came to be a Halos fan...in case anyone was wondering...

Ok, now back to the testosterone... :)