World Series

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

World Series

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Tue 13, 2009 11:44 am

For all you baseball fans out there, it's that bittersweet time of year again...happy to see who's in the playoffs (as long as your team is there) yet sad because baseball season is over (countdown to spring training begins).

What do you think about the teams left and who do you think will win it all?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 13, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm just a little upset at all the bad calls this post season. It looks like the umps are becoming to big of a deciding factor in the playoffs. It time MLB gets into the 21 century and has a replay policy that actually does something to help with the integrity of the game.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Oct Tue 13, 2009 4:10 pm

There's still a couple of weeks left. Heck, if the Series goes all seven games, the last game is on November 5. Baseball is turning into hockey!!!

On a side note, it looks like my Beloved Sox are back to being, well, my Beloved Sox. That was tough to watch on Sunday. Especially being at Fenway to see it first hand. The only good thing was I didn't eat anything during the game so when Papelbon regurgitated that two run lead w/ two out, bases empty and an 0-2 count, I had nothing in my system to throw up!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 13, 2009 4:36 pm

kcarts wrote:There's still a couple of weeks left. Hell, if the Series goes all seven games, the last game is on November 5. Baseball is turning into hockey!!!

On a side note, it looks like my Beloved Sox are back to being, well, my Beloved Sox. That was tough to watch on Sunday. Especially being at Fenway to see it first hand. The only good thing was I didn't eat anything during the game so when Papelbon regurgitated that two run lead w/ two out, bases empty and an 0-2 count, I had nothing in my system to throw up!
Being a Braves fan and Yankee hater/Sox fan (NATIVE BROOKLYNITE), I feel for you. We've seen a few of those type games in Atalanta.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Tue 13, 2009 4:39 pm

My mom and I are hoping for the Angels and Dodgers to go to the World Series. I want to see that epic battle.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Tue 13, 2009 4:51 pm

Oh yeah!!! Freeway Series baby!!!!

Sorry kcarts & jacca...I couldn't watch that last game. I thought for sure the sox were going to maul us...I had to be pinched 'cause I didn't believe we did it (and busted out the brooms at that).

Go Halos!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 13, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm still steamed from 91!!! He pulled him off the bag!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 13, 2009 9:06 pm

kcarts wrote:There's still a couple of weeks left. Hell, if the Series goes all seven games, the last game is on November 5. Baseball is turning into hockey!!!

Even though I am a Red Sox hater, I still feel for you. As a Mets fan I have grown immune to those late come back loses. So my prediction for the WS is the Yankees vs. Dodgers. Yes I want to see Torre play the Yankees. I see the Yankees winning it in 6. No matter the outcome of the Yankees/Angels series, the team that prevails victorious will win the World Series.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Len90 wrote:

Even though I am a Red Sox hater, I still feel for you. As a Mets fan I have grown immune to those late come back loses. So my prediction for the WS is the Yankees vs. Dodgers. Yes I want to see Torre play the Yankees. I see the Yankees winning it in 6. No matter the outcome of the Yankees/Angels series, the team that prevails victorious will win the World Series.
Len being from Brooklyn, that match up sounds kinda familiar!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Wed 14, 2009 3:29 am

I would also love to see the Dodgers vs. Yankees too.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Wed 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Len90 wrote:

Len being from Brooklyn, that match up sounds kinda familiar!
Yes the old times with the Brooklyn Dodgers and NY Yankees. It would create a great fall classic.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Oct Wed 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Sorry guys but my Phil's are gonna break that party up!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Wed 14, 2009 4:37 pm

99Soulz wrote:Sorry guys but my Phil's are gonna break that party up!
(In my BEST Brooklyn) What evah!

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Oct Thu 15, 2009 7:52 am

Finally, after a two days of no baseball and two Celtics pre-season games (yawn), we get some hardball back tonight.

To be honest, I don't really care who wins as long as it's not the Yankees! So I guess for now, I become an Angels fan.

And thanks for empathy about the Sox. But I can't really complain. We've had a good run here in Boston for a while with all the teams (except the B's). That lost took me back to the days prior to 2004. It helps me not take the success for granted. But I digress.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 15, 2009 12:12 pm

kcarts wrote: So I guess for now, I become an Angels fan.
Yay!!! We'll accept you on loan...even if you're a BoSox fan... :lol:

At least you don't have to change colors... ;)

GO ANGELS!!!