No
48%

Total votes: 29

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 16, 2009 11:05 am

agingerbugg wrote:I absolutely wear a watch. I feel uncomfortable if I am not wearing my watch. I am like Future Guy when it comes to looking up the time, it is just easier to look at a watch than to pull out my phone and look at it.
Exactly. I hate digging in my pocket for my cell phone when I can just glance down at my wrist. Besides, cell phones have an annoying habit of running out of battery power at inconvenient times.

Not only that, but watches are fashion accessories. They complete a nice ensemble. How can I go to Disney and not wear my Mickey watch??!! :shock:

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Mon 16, 2009 3:40 pm

kcarts wrote:I saw a report the other day on a local news station about how to appear younger than you actually are. It was part of a series on successful interviewing for a job. One of the things they listed as something that "dates you" was wearing a watch. As indicated here, most people now use their phone or PDA for time. I thought that was interesting.

Another thing they said was don't order a Cosmo.
Hmmm, how young are you trying to look? I am 28 and never leave home without a watch.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 16, 2009 4:04 pm

I can't understand not wearing a watch. I've also read the a lot of 20 somethings don't get land line phones anymore. Is that true? One of my pet peeves is using a cell phone at home.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Hmmmmm..... you know, now that I think about it, sometimes when certain folks can't do something or afford something that others can, they get all snarky about it to hide their embarrassment. You know, "well I don't care that you can do that, I wouldn't want to do that anyway, it's stupid..." when inside they're really just jealous.
So maybe whoever is saying that it's "old" to wear a watch is really just too embarrassed to admit that they can't afford any decent ones themselves! :mrgreen:
Mind you, I'm not talking about those who just prefer not to wear one; I'm talking specifically about whoever it was on that "news" report (mentioned by kcarts) that said, in effect, "you're a geezer if you wear one."

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Nov Mon 16, 2009 5:50 pm

agingerbugg wrote:
kcarts wrote:I saw a report the other day on a local news station about how to appear younger than you actually are. It was part of a series on successful interviewing for a job. One of the things they listed as something that "dates you" was wearing a watch. As indicated here, most people now use their phone or PDA for time. I thought that was interesting.

Another thing they said was don't order a Cosmo.
Hmmm, how young are you trying to look? I am 28 and never leave home without a watch.
I'm 37 and stopped wearing a watch five years ago. When the battery died. Just never got it replaced and have used my cell phone since.
Jacca5660 wrote:I can't understand not wearing a watch. I've also read the a lot of 20 somethings don't get land line phones anymore. Is that true? One of my pet peeves is using a cell phone at home.
I don't have a land line. I can't see paying for two phone services.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Nov Mon 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Yes I wear a watch. I have a couple Mickey watches I like to wear. My eyes have gotten so bad I can no longer see the minutes, and the numbers are blurry, but I can see the five minute increments. (I use cheater glasses when I need be absolutely correct)

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 16, 2009 6:32 pm

I have a Goofy watch )It runs backwards) plus a couple of Swiss Army watches and I don't know maybe five or six more. I always have a watch on when not home. It seems I need glasses to see all of them now. I've gotten to the point where I just wear my glasses on rope around my neck (it's not really a rope).
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Mon 16, 2009 6:50 pm

The last couple of times I've been to DLR, I was tempted to get a Mickey watch like old times. I had one that talked and it was a Mickey head that told me the time whenever I pushed a certain button....suddenly I feel like searching for it on eBay..

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Tue 17, 2009 9:15 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I can't understand not wearing a watch. I've also read the a lot of 20 somethings don't get land line phones anymore. Is that true? One of my pet peeves is using a cell phone at home.
Ummmm, I haven't had a land line for the last five years. I got rid of that when I got rid of AOL. Like Kcarts, I don't see the point in paying for two phone lines. All of my family lives out of state, and being in Gainesville, many of my friends have moved as well. Long distance calls are free on my cell, so I would just use the land line for local calls anyways...and who needs to do that when you can do everything online, even order a pizza.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jan Sat 30, 2010 10:41 pm

No, and everyone says I really should :)

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jan Sun 31, 2010 1:11 am

They make my wrist itch!

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Feb Thu 04, 2010 6:55 pm

Yes, I always wear a watch. I can't live without it.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Feb Thu 04, 2010 10:08 pm

hockeygirl wrote:Yes, I always wear a watch. I can't live without it.
And I'll bet you're not a geezer, either, right? :mrgreen:

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Feb Fri 05, 2010 1:00 am

Not even close! I'm 31. I'll be 32 in June. :mrgreen: I feel naked without it.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Fri 05, 2010 1:36 am

Hey hockeygirl, when in June?

I think I answered the watch question before...but no I do not. Not since I injured my hand and had wo wear a brace. I just never got back in the habit...though I just recently had a watch fixed and I'm trying to wear it more.

DH can't go anywhere without his watch....