Survivor!!!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Survivor!!!

Post by Leigh » May Fri 01, 2009 10:40 am

Is anyone else watching Survivor this season? How about Coach -- is it me or is he insane? I like Taj but she doesn't need the money!

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » May Fri 01, 2009 11:23 am

Yes, I watch.

Boo to Coach..don't like him.....or what we have seen.

Were you happy or sad about Sierra?

What were they thinking with voting Stephen with that one vote?

So, why did JT and Stephen vote with Coach? Who are they really in alliance with?

Only next week will tell!
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Survivor!!!

Post by disneylandmom » May Sun 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Leigh wrote:Is anyone else watching Survivor this season? How about Coach -- is it me or is he insane? I like Taj but she doesn't need the money!
I'm watching Survivor too. I am a fan of Taj she seems like one of the most likable people in this season. I'm curious why you say she doesn't need the money? I must have missed something.

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » May Sun 03, 2009 10:43 pm

i love coach!! he is so wierd!! "i am the dragon slayer!!!!!!!!" dont think he will win though, steven and jt are running the show.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

Leigh

Post by Leigh » May Mon 04, 2009 8:17 am

I am a fan of Taj she seems like one of the most likable people in this season. I'm curious why you say she doesn't need the money? I must have missed something
Taj is married to a famous football announcer who used to be a famous player I think. All the dudes on the show were all over her once they found out who her husband is.

It would have been fun to see Sierra stay b/c it would have made Coach crazier! She must be a real pain in the butt -- no one seems to like her. And I guess in the end they didn't believe her that coach lied.

I think Stephen is running the show along with J.T. -- wonder when they turn on each other!

ckc0915

Post by ckc0915 » May Mon 04, 2009 8:40 am

Taj is married to Eddie George. Future hall of Fame running back and current broadcaster. an extra million wouldnt mean much to thier family. she is riding coat tails anyway, steven still has her immunity idol right? i hope she asks for it back and he says no.

Leigh

Post by Leigh » May Mon 04, 2009 2:13 pm

steven still has her immunity idol right? i hope she asks for it back and he says no.
That would be awesome!

Don't you love it when people get all "how dare you betray me you liar?!" I mean have they been watching the show?!

wdwannabe

Post by wdwannabe » May Mon 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Leigh wrote:
steven still has her immunity idol right? i hope she asks for it back and he says no.
That would be awesome!

Don't you love it when people get all "how dare you betray me you liar?!" I mean have they been watching the show?!
I don't think they showed what happend or in anything with the idol.

I can't believe the jury when they say, "how dare you betray or turn.." Wouldn't have they done the same thing?
First Family Visit

Second Family Visit

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » May Tue 05, 2009 6:01 am

Another Survivor fan here! I want Coach gone soon! Don't like him and don't feel that he contributes to the game at all. I also didn't care for Sierra either right from the begining when she said she had strep...when she was voted off she said she had the flu? Did she forget what she had?

I want JT to win. I really like him.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Wed 06, 2009 11:21 pm

I watch the show via OnDemand since I'm at work during the actual broadcast (and because it's not interesting enough to me to sit through the commercials). I mainly watch because I like Jeff Probst, though. He has a thinly-veiled contempt for a lot of the contestants that reminds me of Monty Hall.

This is one of those seasons where I really don't care who wins anymore. I can't say as I particularly like any of them. I hope they turf Coach soon, though. If I hear the word "dragon" come out of his mouth again, I may throw something at the tv.

Re: Taj, she was also a (reasonably) successful pop star back in the day. That income combined with her husband's suggests $1 million wouldn't be much of anything to them. Though who knows; maybe they're really bad with money.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Leigh

Post by Leigh » May Thu 07, 2009 8:12 am

I mainly watch because I like Jeff Probst, though. He has a thinly-veiled contempt for a lot of the contestants that reminds me of Monty Hall.
I don't know who Monty Hall is . . .but if you watched this show from the beginning you would have seen open, blatant, painfully obvious dislike for [some] the contestants! Oh my gosh Jeff is so much more chill now then he used to be. I saw an interview with him and he basically said he used to be a real jerk and didn't appreciate what he had . . . the best job in the world!!!

wdwannabe

Post by wdwannabe » May Thu 07, 2009 8:38 am

Leigh wrote:
I mainly watch because I like Jeff Probst, though. He has a thinly-veiled contempt for a lot of the contestants that reminds me of Monty Hall.
I don't know who Monty Hall is . . .but if you watched this show from the beginning you would have seen open, blatant, painfully obvious dislike for [some] the contestants! Oh my gosh Jeff is so much more chill now then he used to be. I saw an interview with him and he basically said he used to be a real jerk and didn't appreciate what he had . . . the best job in the world!!!
I guess I am showing my age, along with Disbeamer, who is Monty Hall!
He was a game show host, Let's Make a Deal... you had an live audience, those people usually dressed up like Halloween, and you would yell for Monty's attention, if he picked you sometimes you would just have to have an object, (comb, nailfile, hairbrush, gum, kleenex) and he would give you money, sometimes he would pick you and you had to pick a box, or a curtin, and you could have a big prize or a dud...and then at the end you would have two or three people vie (who had won prior in the show for the big prize) You gave up what you had won to have a chance at the big prize.
First Family Visit

Second Family Visit

ckc0915

Post by ckc0915 » May Thu 07, 2009 6:03 pm

survivor tonight!!! who is out?? i honestly have no idea who may go. i just hope its not the dragonslayer!!!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Thu 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Leigh wrote:
I haven't watched every season, but yeah, I remember Jeff being 'less cool' back in the old days. I still find it entertaining when he (abstractly) calls the players stupid. Especially when so many of them are. :wink:
wdwannabe wrote:I guess I am showing my age, along with Disbeamer, who is Monty Hall!
I must admit, I only know Monty Hall through re-runs (I'm not 100% sure I was old enough to remember live shows). But he's by far my favorite game show host ever. GSN has repeats of it on in the morning; it's my don't miss show on my days off. :lol: "I'm so sorry ... that you picked the wrong box." "Put that sign down before you hit me." "I think there's something wrong with her; she won't stop screaming." So much win.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

ckc0915

Post by ckc0915 » May Thu 07, 2009 7:45 pm

steven with immunity now!! it better be debbie leaving, if they are smart