Stanely Cup Playoffs Startn Who's your picks?

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Mon 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, I had a bad feeling about this game, and unfortunately that bad feeling was accurate. Well, game 4 is Wednesday, and I think Tortorella is going to get the Rangers whipped back into shape.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Rangers

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Tue 21, 2009 1:33 pm

I think the caps finally found a way to get past, that D of the rangers. Rangers goalie seemed a little off at times and on at other times. I think the caps were finally able to sustain pressure in the rangers end. First time all series for that except during the first 2 periods at home in washington.

I love reading these posts, Flyers are the dirtiest team by far!
Shoot! I love reading any posts about playoff hockey! Warms my soul! haha :donald:

GO CAPS!!
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Rangers

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 1:54 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:I think the caps finally found a way to get past, that D of the rangers. Rangers goalie seemed a little off at times and on at other times. I think the caps were finally able to sustain pressure in the rangers end. First time all series for that except during the first 2 periods at home in washington.

Shoot! I love reading any posts about playoff hockey! Warms my soul! haha :donald:

GO CAPS!!
There are a few here who think the Flyers are warm and fuzzy...It's just mold!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol: 8-)
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Tue 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Jacca5660 wrote: There are a few here who think the Flyers are warm and fuzzy...It's just mold!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol: 8-)
Here here well said! love how you think! haha!!! :D
:figment:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Game 3 tonight for the Red Wings against the Blue Jackets. This is a big game for the Red Wings as they usually look GREAT at home in the playoffs but when it comes to the road, against a new upstart team, they have looked a little shaky at first unless they can play their style of hockey...which is puck control so let's hope they can come out fast and control the game, and the crowd (which I'm sure will be loud and crazy) since it is their first ever home playoff game.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 8:05 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:I think the caps finally found a way to get past, that D of the rangers. Rangers goalie seemed a little off at times and on at other times. I think the caps were finally able to sustain pressure in the rangers end. First time all series for that except during the first 2 periods at home in washington.

GO CAPS!!
I have to disagree with you on King Hendrik being on and off at times. He was amazing and probably made a lot of saves that most goalies would have never had a chance at. The Rangers D was terrible, but this game would have been A LOT different had Ryan Callahan put the puck in the open net in the first when it was 1-0 Caps (right before Semin got number 2). Game 4 is tomorrow night and the Rangers really need a win. Let's Go Rangers!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Tue 21, 2009 10:00 pm

Game 4 tomorrow for the Black Hawks, I hope they can skate past the Flames and advance on! It's been a while since Chicago has seen the Stanley Cup playoffs! :mickey:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 10:12 pm

since my beloved Sabres were knocked out, I haven't watched any hockey. I just can't really stand listening to some of the announcers. It's just not the same without Rick Jeanneret and Harry Neale making the calls...

though, if I had to vote for somebody, I'd probably choose Chicago. They have Soupy (AKA Brian Campbell, formerly of the SJ Sharks and Buffalo Sabres), as well as Kane (a Buffalo native).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 21, 2009 10:31 pm

The Red Wings played well tonight and did what I said they should and that was to score early to knock the crowd and the blue jackets out of it which they did.

Hands to Osgood for having 140+ mins of shutout hockey.

Let's go for the sweep on Thursday!

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 10:37 pm

The NJ Devils just got the worst loss you could ever take. A missed penalty call by the officials on a Carolina player led to a buzzer beater goal. Does anybody know what is up with the officiating this year? It seems that the refs are missing obvious calls and calling a lot of BS penalties.
- Len90

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 21, 2009 10:42 pm

Len90 wrote:The NJ Devils just got the worst loss you could ever take. A missed penalty call by the officials on a Carolina player led to a buzzer beater goal. Does anybody know what is up with the officiating this year? It seems that the refs are missing obvious calls and calling a lot of BS penalties.
I didn't watch the game but you have to at least give it to the Hurricanes for scoring the goal with less than a second to play.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Tue 21, 2009 10:46 pm

packwingfn wrote:
Len90 wrote:The NJ Devils just got the worst loss you could ever take. A missed penalty call by the officials on a Carolina player led to a buzzer beater goal. Does anybody know what is up with the officiating this year? It seems that the refs are missing obvious calls and calling a lot of BS penalties.
I didn't watch the game but you have to at least give it to the Hurricanes for scoring the goal with less than a second to play.
They did miss a really obvious call! But hey it's the Devils! :twisted: :evil: :?:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
packwingfn wrote:
They did miss a really obvious call! But hey it's the Devils! :twisted: :evil: :?:
Exactly. I hate the Devils even though I really respect Brodeur as he is one of the greats.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Apr Wed 22, 2009 6:15 am

Those Penguins are still fighting. We beat Philly last night and now we are back to Pittsburgh for game 5! My dh is a Pens fanatic.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Apr Wed 22, 2009 6:53 am

I'd rather not talk about last night's Flyers-Pens game, if you please. I just had my breakfast and rather not lose it. I'm still in shock that Fleury stopped all of those shot, did he have a force field around him or sometehing!!!