Way off topic - Happy Anniversary for me

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

emnbensdad
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Way off topic - Happy Anniversary for me

Post by emnbensdad » Mar Wed 11, 2009 6:47 pm

There are only a few places online that I would ever dream of sharing this. But knowing (albeit online) some of you out there I feel comfortable sharing this.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!!

Five years ago today, doctors were able to successfully repair two blocked arteries with a four-hour double bypass operation. I had felt the symptoms for several months prior but dismissed them as fatigue, being out of shape, etc.

I could still stand to lose some weight. But I am thankful that I am still alive today. I am surrounded by a wonderful family and wonderful friends. I am truly blessed.

David

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Mar Wed 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Wow, congrats. My dad had one of those a few years back - scary stuff. Glad to have you still around. :)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Mar Wed 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Congrats! It's always great to hear people's miracle stories and I'm glad to hear that you're doing well!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Wed 11, 2009 8:24 pm

That's wonderful Happy Anniversary to you! I work with cardiac rehab patients, I know what you've been through and support is so important! :D Many more happy healthy years to you!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Wed 11, 2009 10:57 pm

Wow congrats! It is extremely scary stuff to witness a family member go through that.... especially the appearance for the first 24 hours post-op. Here's to many more happy and magical years!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Mar Thu 12, 2009 7:58 am

Yes this is a big congrats,, you have overcome a big hurdle! Here is wishing you many, many more anniversaries!!!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Thu 12, 2009 9:34 am

Happy Anniversary and GOD BLESS YOU!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Mar Tue 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Congrats and that is a great story. Glad everything turned out alright. Why aren't you celebrating in Disney? :lol:
Mark86

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Mar Fri 20, 2009 3:31 pm

That is a great anniversary to celebrate! My father had a triple bypass several years ago and he is still going strong. ( He and my mom spent a full week at WDW this past Christmas, like they do every year.)
Every new day is truly a blessing.

emnbensdad

Post by emnbensdad » Mar Fri 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Mark86 wrote:Congrats and that is a great story. Glad everything turned out alright. Why aren't you celebrating in Disney? :lol:
We did celebrate at Epcot for our 10th wedding anniversary a few months after the surgery. Ignoring the signs posted on the rides, we got on Test Track. I was fine until the end of the ride. A little more pressure on my chest than what I was expecting!

We walked by Mission: Space. I just kept on walking . . . . left my wife behind to read the sign.

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » May Fri 01, 2009 10:37 am

Good for you David!!! Glad you are taking care of yourself! So many people don't So many ingnore symptoms etc hopefully a few less people will after reading your post.

Within the past three months I lost an adored mother & father in law (married 61 years) to heart problems. Heart problems in my father-in-law's case that should have been indentifiable. If only . . .

JPG
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by JPG » May Fri 01, 2009 5:28 pm

David,
Awesome news indeed! Congratulations my friend. :mickey3: You know, we all take for granted how fragile and special our time here on earth is. We tend to get so caught up in things that are either not important or we worry about things that don't really amount to a hill of beans...Again, I am glad your ordeal has had a positive result and wish you many more anniversaries!!!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Fri 01, 2009 7:50 pm

emnbensdad wrote:We did celebrate at Epcot for our 10th wedding anniversary a few months after the surgery. Ignoring the signs posted on the rides, we got on Test Track. I was fine until the end of the ride. A little more pressure on my chest than what I was expecting!

We walked by Mission: Space. I just kept on walking . . . . left my wife behind to read the sign.
I don't want to encourage you to do anything outside your comfort zone, since I'm obviously not familiar with your exact medical stats. But I did want to say that this past October, my dad - who had a multiple bypass about 10 years ago - went on the 'green' side of M:S with no issues (since it doesn't really move much, I guess). So you might try that some time, if you're feeling up to it. :)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

emnbensdad

Post by emnbensdad » May Mon 04, 2009 2:30 pm

DisBeamer wrote:
emnbensdad wrote:We did celebrate at Epcot for our 10th wedding anniversary a few months after the surgery. Ignoring the signs posted on the rides, we got on Test Track. I was fine until the end of the ride. A little more pressure on my chest than what I was expecting!

I don't want to encourage you to do anything outside your comfort zone, since I'm obviously not familiar with your exact medical stats. But I did want to say that this past October, my dad - who had a multiple bypass about 10 years ago - went on the 'green' side of M:S with no issues (since it doesn't really move much, I guess). So you might try that some time, if you're feeling up to it. :)
I am totally feeling up to it. I would be the only one in my family thought that would even consider it. I just now got my 9 year old to go on Haunted Mansion.

We'll see!