Twilight

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Are you going to see twilight?

Yes, I would not miss it!
22%
No! There is no way that I would be caught there.
37%
Probably, but only if I am dragged kicking and screaming.
15%
What are we talking about again?
26%

Total votes: 27

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Twilight

Post by bluebayougirl » Nov Wed 19, 2008 11:46 am

So, I read all of the books and I am really excited to see this movie. I was wondering if anyone else is as happy that they made a movie out of the book as I am, lol :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Wed 19, 2008 12:29 pm

Fill me in! I'm not sure what this is about. I saw the commercial once.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Nov Wed 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Umm, I heard some of the characters came to the Mall of America, but don't know much more. I think it's a vampire movie??
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 19, 2008 3:53 pm

I have my personal opinions on the book series that I will refrain from saying.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Wed 19, 2008 4:09 pm

to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I've ever heard of this...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Wed 19, 2008 4:21 pm

I hadn't heard anything about it until a couple weeks ago until my roommate mentioned it because E has been advertising the crap out of it. It will take a team of wild horses to drag me to see a movie E endorses.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Nov Wed 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Had seen the book with the Chess piece on it at the airport a lot and heard it was a popular book. Had no idea it was part of this series or what it entailed, but I have heard this series is like the next big thing since Harry Potter, literature wise.

Personally I can't get interested in vampires, but I haven't ever really looked at any of the books so I can't say whether or not they are worthwhile or not. I know that main character isn't he Cedric Diggory from the Potter movies? The chick is also from some movies and she is very cute. Other than that I really have no clue on the whole thing.
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Nov Wed 19, 2008 9:55 pm

i might see it. not sure about the movie though :|
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Thu 20, 2008 9:27 pm

"I am [being] dragged kicking and screaming"

:roll:

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Nov Thu 20, 2008 9:33 pm

I picked I wouldn't miss it, but there's a decent chance I will. There just wasn't a 'I might go - I dunno yet' option. :lol:

With absolutely no offense intended to anyone who really likes the series, I started reading it a couple of weeks ago out of morbid curiosity because I figured it'd be awful, and I was curious in that same way that makes me occasionally read awful fanfiction. *sheepish grin*

It hasn't disappointed my expectations thus far, but I have to admit I'm enjoying the series. The movie ... I don't know if the movie looks all that good to me. But that doesn't mean I won't enjoy it too, I suppose.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Fri 21, 2008 7:16 am

Okay, I went to the midnight showing with a bunch of my best friends (after endless begging) and I literally was laughing my head off at how horrible the dialogue was and the acting? Just terrible. I mean, a thirteen year old could write better dialogue than this. Everyone in the theater was laughing at scenes that were supposed to be serious.

I've never picked up a Twilight book in my life and after seeing this disaster, I'm so glad I have never read it. To be quite honest, it was as terrible as The Notebook. I think the only best part about it was seeing the Harry Potter trailer beforehand since it was originally supposed to open today but changed the date. I'm still laughing now at the comments my friends and I were throwing back and forth.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Nov Fri 21, 2008 9:01 am

Off topic, I am bummed that Harry Potter had been pushed to a summer release! The one thing I always looked forward to at Thanksgiving was the next installment of Harry Potter. Guess I am gonna have to go see 4 Christmas's instead (love Vince Vaughn) :lol:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Fri 21, 2008 12:01 pm

UPDATE:

"I am [being] dragged kicking and screaming" twice

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Fri 21, 2008 1:26 pm

disneydreamer58 wrote:Off topic, I am bummed that Harry Potter had been pushed to a summer release! The one thing I always looked forward to at Thanksgiving was the next installment of Harry Potter. Guess I am gonna have to go see 4 Christmas's instead (love Vince Vaughn) :lol:
There is always Bolt.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Nov Fri 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Yah, Bolt is on my list of must sees for the start of the holiday season. Gotta love a good movie to take you away from dealing with reality :D at least I do! And Twilight is not on that list as far as I am concerned. Sorry to those who like it. It doesn't appeal to me.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"