Twilight

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Are you going to see twilight?

Yes, I would not miss it!
22%
No! There is no way that I would be caught there.
37%
Probably, but only if I am dragged kicking and screaming.
15%
What are we talking about again?
26%

Total votes: 27

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Nov Fri 21, 2008 2:57 pm

My dd who is 14 wants to read the books. I am not to sure about it. I think I will need to read them first to see if they are ok. Just not too sure about the subject matter.

And, no, will not be going to see it.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Fri 21, 2008 4:08 pm

disneydreamer58 wrote:Off topic, I am bummed that Harry Potter had been pushed to a summer release!
I'm pretty sure they pushed it to a summer release because of the writer's strike and they feel that having it released in the summer will bring in the big bucks like most summer movies do. Once HP moved their date, Twilight went from December to the original HP date. Still, I would have enjoyed HP instead.

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » Nov Fri 21, 2008 5:02 pm

I am angry about having to wait until summer to see Harry Potter - has anyone heard the news about them pondering making the seventh book two movies instead of one, can anyone say milking it for all it is worth.... Any-whoo, I plan on seeing Twilight this evening, I am hoping that it will live up to my expectations, I shall let you know :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Fri 21, 2008 5:20 pm

bluebayougirl wrote:I am angry about having to wait until summer to see Harry Potter - has anyone heard the news about them pondering making the seventh book two movies instead of one, can anyone say milking it for all it is worth....
They had officially said that the last book will be split up into two movies.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz ... parts.html

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Sat 22, 2008 12:14 am

elizabethswann wrote:
disneydreamer58 wrote:Off topic, I am bummed that Harry Potter had been pushed to a summer release!
I'm pretty sure they pushed it to a summer release because of the writer's strike and they feel that having it released in the summer will bring in the big bucks like most summer movies do. Once HP moved their date, Twilight went from December to the original HP date. Still, I would have enjoyed HP instead.
the push back was not due to the writer's strike, as it was announced that the movie would be moved to Summer 2009 in August, and the writer's strike ended 6 months previous. Principal photography was ending at around the same time as the strike. WB has basically stated that they didn't have much in the way of Summer blockbusters, and that they wanted to tweak some of the special effects.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Nov Sat 22, 2008 12:23 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:UPDATE:

"I am [being] dragged kicking and screaming" twice
Okay, that's cruel and unusual.

wdwannabe, I think they'd be okay for a 14 year old (keeping in mind I've only read the first two thus far). They're definitely young-adult (okay, teen girl) oriented; sold in the young adult section and the whole bit. What violence and sex there is (again, thus far) is pretty tame, and I don't actually remember any profanity.. Bella says crap sometimes; that's about it. Just a lot of teen angst. A loooot. Like... wow. :lol:

Obviously, though, you'd be the best judge for your daughter. Just my thoughts on it. :)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Nov Sat 22, 2008 12:11 pm

So... I saw it (twice) yesterday and it was ok... the only thing taht kept coming to mind was Tuck Everlasting.

I'm going to try reading the book... it does seem like there was a lot of thought put into the story by Stephanie Meyer that was left out in the transition to film.

bluebayougirl

Post by bluebayougirl » Nov Sat 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Saw it last night. I think that they did a decent job with transitioning the book into a movie. As with all book to movies they leave alot out (Harry Potter for example) and only the ones that have read the books know that anything is missing. My main conflict with the movie though: The movie should have had more Alice (they are supposed to be best friends, and the movie did not have that). I will definatly buy it when it comes to dvd, although I am not sure that I will see it again in the theatres. I give it 4 stars. :) - blue

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Sat 22, 2008 8:13 pm

bluebayougirl wrote:Saw it last night. I think that they did a decent job with transitioning the book into a movie. As with all book to movies they leave alot out (Harry Potter for example) and only the ones that have read the books know that anything is missing. My main conflict with the movie though: The movie should have had more Alice (they are supposed to be best friends, and the movie did not have that). I will definatly buy it when it comes to dvd, although I am not sure that I will see it again in the theatres. I give it 4 stars. :) - blue
Four stars out of how many? If it's four, then that's pretty good, but if it's 10 that's not so good.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

bluebayougirl

Post by bluebayougirl » Nov Mon 24, 2008 11:41 am

We shall make it 4 out of 5, better - lol :) - blue

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Mon 24, 2008 3:43 pm

meh, I don't know. I just don't see anything entertaining about it in the previews. Really, it just looks like an episode of Dawson's Creek with vampires. I doubt I will ever see it.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Thu 04, 2008 6:35 pm

I cannot stand Twilight.... we're gonna leave it at that. :lol:

wdwannabe

Post by wdwannabe » Dec Tue 09, 2008 12:53 pm

DisBeamer wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:UPDATE:

"I am [being] dragged kicking and screaming" twice
Okay, that's cruel and unusual.

wdwannabe, I think they'd be okay for a 14 year old (keeping in mind I've only read the first two thus far). They're definitely young-adult (okay, teen girl) oriented; sold in the young adult section and the whole bit. What violence and sex there is (again, thus far) is pretty tame, and I don't actually remember any profanity.. Bella says crap sometimes; that's about it. Just a lot of teen angst. A loooot. Like... wow. :lol:

Obviously, though, you'd be the best judge for your daughter. Just my thoughts on it. :)
Thank you. Someone I know said I needed to read the books, one and two were pretty tame, but not so much with three... I thnk I will try to keep her from going, just the same.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Dec Thu 18, 2008 5:03 am

wdwannabe wrote:Thank you. Someone I know said I needed to read the books, one and two were pretty tame, but not so much with three... I thnk I will try to keep her from going, just the same.
Since I posted my original comment, I've read the last two. The third one's not terrible (er .. in terms of parental concerns; the writing doesn't really improve, lol), but the fourth one has some things in it I would suspect my mother would have not wanted me reading at 14 (including what's got to be the goriest 'childbirth' scene since, like, Alien...). Still nothing explicit, but not nearly as 'innocent' as the first parts of the series. The overall tone of the first three kind of hinges on the main male character being ... from a more innocent time, I guess you'd call it. But for book four, pretty well all bets are off for that. I could see how if a parent only looked over the first one, they might be caught off guard by what's goin' on by four.

Anyway it sounds like you've decided. I just figured I'd update my original thoughts. :)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

brye
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by brye » Dec Thu 18, 2008 8:52 am

i am a huge fan of vampire lore, history, and all that. most movies are pretty good too, and i admittingly know little about twilight, but from what i've heard, and seen, it looks awful. awful as a fan of vampire lore, and it's complete emo/bad haircuts attempt at changing the lore, and awful from it's total suckfest acting. the actors look like fake plastic people that are maybe even robots, pulled from some machine mold to look like what's supposed to be hip this week, and were then programmed with the acting skills of an extra on walker, texas ranger.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4633/castlepm7.jpg[/img][/url]