Change is Upon Us!!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Change is Upon Us!!

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Tue 04, 2008 11:08 pm

10:57 est mark it in your history books...Barack Obama is the next president of the United States of America!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Tue 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Congratulations, President Obama.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Tue 04, 2008 11:53 pm

Ummm, history books will be rewritten.... I just hope it is good. Only time will tell.
Last edited by Len90 on Nov Wed 05, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

stev02
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by stev02 » Nov Wed 05, 2008 12:22 am

I believe our country will now come together more than ever. I feel a great energy.
[url=http://www.d-cot.com][img]http://www.d-cot.com/images/d-cot_button.png[/img][/url]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Wed 05, 2008 12:49 am

"Senator Obama, you've just won the Presidency of the United States of America, what will you do now?"
"I'm going to Disney World!"
:lol:

I saw this coming from a mile away. just about all the polls taken starting about 2 weeks ago and continuing through the exit polls tonight showed Obama as the clear front runner.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 05, 2008 2:36 am

^ Win!

I'm really excited for what the next four years have in store for us all.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Wed 05, 2008 7:37 am

We let our boys stay up late so they could be part of history. I have this great excitement inside that our prayers are going to be met and our country will come together like never before. This is a new day for the US and after the last 8 years we surely need it! :goofy_bounce:

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Sub you need to play Disney American music today!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Wed 05, 2008 9:10 am

Watching the election results come in last night and the history making implications of those results made me the proudest I have ever been to be an American.

Of course we all saw it coming, no one actually thought McCain would win, well anyone who actually took his head out of the sand long enough to pay attention. I am more excited for what this means to the world. Four years ago the world lost faith in America; we re-elected a corrupt president who was quickly steering the country down a very treacherous road. Now when we have reached the final exit off that road and we needed to make the critical decision to stay the course or exit to a different path, we chose to exit. The world has been watching us, begging us not to continue down that road. If nothing else, Barack Obama will help make America part of the global community and not just the big bullying cousin who breaks all your toys. We are no longer in a time when America is the say all and be all on the world stage, we need to stop showing our muscle and start working together if we want to continue to be major player. Okay enough of my world peace speech.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Nov Wed 05, 2008 11:10 am

js3901 wrote:"Senator Obama, you've just won the Presidency of the United States of America, what will you do now?"
"I'm going to Disney World!"
:lol:
They didn't do that, did they?! :lol:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Wed 05, 2008 11:24 am

Congrats President Obama! God Bless! :D

We're very excited, I hope things will change for the better! He should go to Disney World now! :D

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Nov Wed 05, 2008 11:36 am

Im joining in with the rest of you in congratulating Mr. Obama as our new president!! :mrgreen:

I was soooo excited when i saw the announcement last night. It was a very emotional and historic moment that will be remembered forever! I believe that he stands for big change and what we all believe in. I think that we will be headed in a great direction and we shall see what he can do for our nation. Very exciting stuff!! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Nov Wed 05, 2008 11:53 am

It was very exciting to see how this unfolded last night. I'm super excited to see what happens over the next four years!
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Nov Wed 05, 2008 1:24 pm

I wasn't happy with the outcome :( but that's what makes this country great, anything can happen. Nuff said from me on the subject :D
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Wed 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Florida turned the tide again...this state is just plain ole' wacky!!!! I love being a Floridian!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Nov Wed 05, 2008 3:15 pm

disneydreamer58 wrote:I wasn't happy with the outcome :( but that's what makes this country great, anything can happen. Nuff said from me on the subject :D
I share your feelings!