Change is Upon Us!!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Nov Wed 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Well said, js!

Congratulations from me as well, this might actually convince me to go to the Hall of Presidents when it reopens next year! It may be my best chance to hear the great orator speak in person...well, so to speak. :wink:
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Nov Wed 05, 2008 5:33 pm

cccmouse wrote:
disneydreamer58 wrote:I wasn't happy with the outcome :( but that's what makes this country great, anything can happen. Nuff said from me on the subject :D
I share your feelings!
Same here!

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Nov Wed 05, 2008 6:48 pm

For the last 8 years the GOP has had its chance to run this country. For six of them, the Bush Admin had a completely Republican-dominated House and Senate to go along with it. The current state of the nation--whether you like what you see, or you don't--is the result.

Now it's our turn.

Yes. We. Did.
~Steve

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by billville » Nov Wed 05, 2008 6:57 pm

spaulo wrote:For the last 8 years the GOP has had its chance to run this country. For six of them, the Bush Admin had a completely Republican-dominated House and Senate to go along with it. The current state of the nation--whether you like what you see, or you don't--is the result.

Now it's our turn.

Yes. We. Did.
I agree with you 100% spaulo and it is definitely our turn now! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Nov Wed 05, 2008 7:56 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Well said, js!

Congratulations from me as well, this might actually convince me to go to the Hall of Presidents when it reopens next year! It may be my best chance to hear the great orator speak in person...well, so to speak. :wink:
I was thinking this myself last night. I hope when they revamp the attraction, he accepts the speaking role (I hear he hasn't yet... though he did just win ;) ).

If he does, I wonder who the new narrator will be. Those are chosen by the sitting president, aren't they? I remember hearing that a long time ago with Clinton and Maya Angelou but I can't remember if that's still the case.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Nov Wed 05, 2008 8:26 pm

casrin wrote:
js3901 wrote:"Senator Obama, you've just won the Presidency of the United States of America, what will you do now?"
"I'm going to Disney World!"
:lol:
They didn't do that, did they?! :lol:
no, they didn't do that. Though, if you think about it, he IS going to be (in a way) a permanent resident of the Sunshine State in the near future.

though, he does have to buy his daughters a puppy before January, as he DID announce that live to the crowd in the Windy City, as well as the world via TV, last night...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Wed 05, 2008 10:46 pm

ericpabear wrote:
cccmouse wrote:
disneydreamer58 wrote:I wasn't happy with the outcome :( but that's what makes this country great, anything can happen. Nuff said from me on the subject :D
I share your feelings!
Same here!
Well said disneydreamer58. Couldn't agree with you more.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Thu 06, 2008 12:25 am

spaulo wrote:For the last 8 years the GOP has had its chance to run this country. For six of them, the Bush Admin had a completely Republican-dominated House and Senate to go along with it. The current state of the nation--whether you like what you see, or you don't--is the result.

Now it's our turn.

Yes. We. Did.
Couldn't agere more, spaulo!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Thu 06, 2008 3:08 am

Agree with Spaulo 100%.

I am very happy right now.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

MagicKingdom Fairy89
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by MagicKingdom Fairy89 » Nov Thu 06, 2008 7:11 am

I am from the UK and I watched the elections, I am very happy for Obama and think it will be great for your country :D
'Just Believe and Your Dreams Will Come True' - Disney Dreams come True Parade

sallyporsche
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by sallyporsche » Nov Thu 06, 2008 8:19 am

cccmouse wrote:
I share your feelings!
I'm with you. All we can do is continue to pray for America.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Nov Thu 06, 2008 9:05 am

cccmouse wrote:
I share your feelings!
Sorry I am in this group as well.
Did you hear his interview with MTV? Boys Pull up your pants.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Thu 06, 2008 9:33 am

It doesn't matter whether you are happy with the results or not; whats done is done. Now that the election is over it is time to let bygones be bygones and look to the future where we need to stand together as one nation indivisible. Besides, once you get down to brass tacks, there really isn't that much difference between the Republicans and Democrats.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Thu 06, 2008 9:36 am

agingerbugg wrote:It doesn't matter whether you are happy with the results or not; whats done is done. Now that the election is over it is time to let bygones be bygones and look to the future where we need to stand together as one nation indivisible. Besides, once you get down to brass tacks, there really isn't that much difference between the Republicans and Democrats.
Very well said! I also think we can all agree, It was time to get rid of Bush. We've been a the wrong road for a long time.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » Nov Thu 06, 2008 3:52 pm

How exciting that our generation actually had some say in a politican getting elected. It is about time that we were heard!! I am looking forward to the new administration. - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!