Checking the Forums late at night can save your life!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Thu 18, 2008 10:23 pm

disneylandmom wrote:Thanks for sharing your scary story. I'm glad everyone is o.k. I hope your dog is over the trauma of the experience. Gosh I was thinking about putting some of those garden lights around our house however I may think twice about that idea now. Take care and I hope the repairs go smoothly.
get the solar powered battery lights. they're not strung together so you can place them just about anywhere. Also, they're handy if the power goes out in your home, as you can take the tops off, let them charge during the day, then bring them inside and set them on clear glasses/cups around the house for some extra illumination...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Sep Thu 18, 2008 10:30 pm

js3901 wrote:
disneylandmom wrote:Thanks for sharing your scary story. I'm glad everyone is o.k. I hope your dog is over the trauma of the experience. Gosh I was thinking about putting some of those garden lights around our house however I may think twice about that idea now. Take care and I hope the repairs go smoothly.
get the solar powered battery lights. they're not strung together so you can place them just about anywhere. Also, they're handy if the power goes out in your home, as you can take the tops off, let them charge during the day, then bring them inside and set them on clear glasses/cups around the house for some extra illumination...
That's a great idea. Saves a few electricity dollars as well. Thanks!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Fri 19, 2008 12:14 am

Wow that is a scary story. I am glad to hear everyone is safe and there is no major damage to the house. It looks like if it would have been any longer, that fire would have gotten into the house. Hope everything works out well in getting the damage repaired.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Sep Fri 19, 2008 8:11 am

The kids took it amazingly well. as did the wife! the dog didn't, when we left the house he ran back and pee'd all over the bedroom, i couldn't believe how much that dog can pee. if we could have gotten him to the fire i'm sure the Fire Department wouldn't have been needed. Of course the real irony is that we sell insurance...so this is the first time i've been my own client for claims.
Gotta love the dog's real reaction for y'all! :roll: :twisted:

Glad everyone is OK and that the house is structurallly ok!
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Sep Sat 20, 2008 7:20 am

Good luck with everything. Thanks for posting this, it could save one of our homes/lives!

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » Sep Sun 21, 2008 4:15 am

Thank goodness for observant neighbors or things could have been much worse.
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Sep Sun 21, 2008 7:16 am

Fireworks? So this could be arson? Wow.
Hey, glad you're OK though. Also glad it looks like not too much damage was done. I mean, you still have a house. That's more than most people can say.
I'm also freaked out by the combination of the side of the house resembling Tower of Terror - and the fact that the full area loop is playing right now. O.o
Also, may I ask how the garden light was powered? My family has a bunch of solar powered ones, and I can't tell if yours was or not.
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Sep Sun 21, 2008 1:44 pm

our lights were plug in with transformers, light detectors to turn on and off.
Last edited by Croaker on Sep Mon 22, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

rodders
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by rodders » Sep Mon 22, 2008 5:19 am

Hi Croaker, Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm glad that everyone is fine. I guess that the dog has calmed down by now :|

I haven't read the forums at all with my dad being in hospital :(

I think that we both need the tickers changing from "x days since" to "x days until". I see that the "free" dining offer is on again, I can feel the credit card twitching :mickey:
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Sep Mon 22, 2008 11:25 am

We go on a cruise this Friday, gonna check out the possibility of doing a cruise next year. in 2010 we have to go to Williamsburg/Busch Gardens/Yorktown/D.C.area., daughters' 16th b-day, long story.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Mon 22, 2008 3:42 pm

rodders wrote:Hi Croaker, Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm glad that everyone is fine. I guess that the dog has calmed down by now :|

I think that we both need the tickers changing from "x days since" to "x days until". I see that the "free" dining offer is on again, I can feel the credit card twitching :mickey:
Hope everything is alright with your dad.

As for the tickers, it was too depressing for me to see x days since so on the day I went away I took it down. I couldn't bear the sight of it after coming back.

Back to the original topic: Have you heard anything more about which cause it is?
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

rodders

Post by rodders » Sep Thu 25, 2008 10:49 am

Len90 wrote:
rodders wrote:Hi Croaker, Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm glad that everyone is fine. I guess that the dog has calmed down by now :|

Hope everything is alright with your dad.

As for the tickers, it was too depressing for me to see x days since so on the day I went away I took it down. I couldn't bear the sight of it after coming back.

Back to the original topic: Have you heard anything more about which cause it is?
My Dad's back home now but on quite a long road to recovery. Nothing life threatening now so that's a blessing.

I'm getting earache from my other half as she wants to go to the world again in 2009 so with a bit of luck I'll have a new ticker sooner rather than later :D
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Sep Thu 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Wow! I never thought that a firework could do that but I guess it sure could happen! I'm so sorry for you family and glad that everyone is fine!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

Figment of Imagination

Post by Figment of Imagination » Oct Wed 08, 2008 1:27 am

Wow glad to hear everyone is alright. Thats rough. That stick is clearly a firework stick from what looks to be a big bottle type rocket. Are fireworks legal where you are from? do you think it was any accident or do you think they shot your house on purpose. Thats so scary, I'm glad you guys got through it. I hope they catch the little @*#!. accident or not people have to be very responsible with their fireworks.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Wed 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Glad everyone is o.k.!!! I hope you enjoy your vacation.