Universal Studios Hollywood?

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

bamato
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Universal Studios Hollywood?

Post by bamato » May Wed 28, 2008 8:13 am

I will always be a loyal Disney fan, and it's the whole reason I go to California. But I like to make it to Universal as well while I'm out there. I'm not sure why I like it so much... maybe it's the backlot tour or something. But I just really like it there as well. It doesn't have that Disney nostalgia, but it's a fun place to go. And I think the one thing that Disney could benefit from Universal is Universal has signs posted with attraction wait times throughout the park. Which is handy so you don't trek all the way down somewhere for no reason ya know? But in no means am I comparing the magic of Disney to Universal. :D It's just always a big part of my trips as well.

My question is.... does anyone else really enjoy Universal as well. And I know a lot don't like it... But what are your favorite rides, and such? The food is good and cheap as well I might add unless you eat on the citywalk....

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Wed 28, 2008 11:13 am

I haven't been in probably 10 years but I liked it the last time I was there. My mom wants to go back really bad. We were going to go when we went to Disneyland last November but we decided to stay at Disneyland instead. My mom was just talking a couple days ago about how she wants to go to Universal real bad and see what it's like now. But we are going to Disney World in 10 days so it might be a while. :?

bamato

Post by bamato » May Wed 28, 2008 11:42 am

It's definately changed a bit in the last ten years. They added Revenge of the Mummy, and I think Jurassic Park was built when you went.... not sure. But they added some stuff to the backlot tour.... It's really worth the trip to Hollywood. Not to mention they built the big City Walk. Lot's of eats and shopping and shows!!

abrcrmbegrl20

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Wed 28, 2008 11:48 am

I loved Jurassic Park, I use to go on that over and over. That was fun. So was the backlot. I imagine they changed a lot. Yeah we want to go and just see the how much has changed but were such a big disney family it's hard to pass up disney when given the opportunity.

bamato

Post by bamato » May Wed 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Yeah I hear you. We ALWAYS do Disney, and if we have time we go to Universal.

abrcrmbegrl20

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Wed 28, 2008 2:26 pm

I know I felt really bad for my mom because she really wanted to go to Universal last time we went to Disneyland but we were only in Cali for 2 days and it was hard to see everything at Disney in those two days.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Wed 28, 2008 2:51 pm

I love Universal Studios so much though it's been a long time since I've been there. My step-dad works in the Citywalk management and he would get free tickets for the family every year so when he'd get them we'd go. I'm dying to go now because of the Simpsons Ride. I'm still sad about them removing the Back to the Future ride to replace it with the Simpsons.

abrcrmbegrl20

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Wed 28, 2008 9:54 pm

capnjacksparrow wrote:I love Universal Studios so much though it's been a long time since I've been there. My step-dad works in the Citywalk management and he would get free tickets for the family every year so when he'd get them we'd go. I'm dying to go now because of the Simpsons Ride. I'm still sad about them removing the Back to the Future ride to replace it with the Simpsons.
Ugh yeah that depresses me too that they got rid of Back to the Future. I liked it. :(

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Thu 29, 2008 12:55 am

I was lucky to get a chance to go on it the last time I went but I wished they never removed it. :(

bamato

Post by bamato » May Thu 29, 2008 1:09 pm

THEY GOT RID OF BTTF?????!!!? That kinda stinks. Is the Simpsons ride any good?? It it the same thing essentially?

kristen
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by kristen » May Thu 29, 2008 2:52 pm

I really enjoyed Universal Hollywood for the scenery. You can see other studios from the hills, and I love the huge escalators down to the lower level.

But they have killed the E.T. ride since last time I was there and that makes me sad.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Thu 29, 2008 8:50 pm

I've been to the Universal in Orlando (and stayed at their resort) if you go with the mind set that it's NOTHING like Disney you won't be disappointed. I think of it as a Great America type deal. City Walk is cool, I love Margaritaville and Buffett. But compared to Disney World, Universal is lacking, BIG TIME! I wouldn't make any effort to return to the Universal in Orlando. It would just take away from valueable Disney time! :mickey:

HakuOni

Post by HakuOni » May Fri 30, 2008 4:57 pm

i love USH because of the rides, food, and fun! i wish i could go back to cali.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Fri 30, 2008 7:33 pm

bamato wrote:THEY GOT RID OF BTTF?????!!!? That kinda stinks. Is the Simpsons ride any good?? It it the same thing essentially?
I think it's the same as BTTF. I heard it is but I haven't gotten a chance to experience it yet.