I'm moving to Cali in 2 weeks.

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

bhead88
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

I'm moving to Cali in 2 weeks.

Post by bhead88 » Mar Mon 03, 2008 5:57 am

And I'm wondering if the love I have for Disneyland will dissipate at all being able to go anytime I want. I wouldn't think so, but every time I've gone its been a planned out, anticipation building moment that was quenched by seeing that train station topping the floral Mickey. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, but I could use some words of wisdom.

Thanks and be well,
Bryan
"Soarin' to Tower, we're ready for take-off."

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Mar Mon 03, 2008 6:31 am

For me, when I lived in California, it would dissipate occasionally, but not very often. When it did dissipate, it wasn't long before I regained interest.

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Mar Mon 03, 2008 8:55 am

Well I can say from 1980->1985 I was in HS in Florida, about 2 hours from WDW. I went pretty much every 2 weeks for that time. Then I stayed in town and went to UF, I didn't go back to WDW till 1990 I was so burned out on it. Then from 1990 till 2004, I lived in Boston but visited my folks in Fla several times per year and never went.

So burnout does happen.

When I went to grad night I pretty much just walked around all night, didn't feel like doing any attractions, did some of the concerts.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Mar Tue 04, 2008 4:27 pm

i could see DL becoming somewhat boring for someone that's able to go there pretty much whenever they want. i'm guessing special events probably help in keeping it interesting, though.

WDW, i think, would probably be harder to become boring since it has a lot more variety and offers a lot more activities/shopping experiences/hotels to explore/dining than DL. i'm not saying that it's impossible to become bored by WDW, but probably a lot less likely than DL. WDW also has a ton of special events throughout the year.

so, i guess one way to keep it interesting, bhead88, is to really get involved in the special events held at DL, and maybe get into pin trading or something like that to keep it more interesting, so that there's always something new-ish to do there.
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Fri 14, 2008 6:55 pm

I lived in Los Angeles all my life (until 2003) and had an AP for most of the last ten years I was there. I never grew tired of it and sometimes went just for lunch.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Shinku » Mar Sun 16, 2008 4:58 pm

You can kind of regulate your burnout. I've found that if you like take the summer off, for instance, by the time september rolls around you're anxious to go again.

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Mar Tue 18, 2008 12:58 pm

I've lived in Southern CA all my life, and have had APs for probably 12 years of my life, and have gone at least once a year my entire life.
I've never grown tired of DL at all, and it's never been boring. I will say that your focus will probably change though. Instead of being super excited to ride the rides, you become more excited to sit and people watch and relax at tables in restaurants (or the best spot in the park is the bench on the Main Street patio). I've probably come to enjoy and appreciate the park more with this new focus. The parks turn into more of a relaxing get away than a super exciting but rushed get away. Plus, you have DCA and the rest of the resort to enjoy as well, so if you do ever get tired of one park, you can start going to the other for a month or so.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Mar Tue 18, 2008 3:47 pm

All I can say is I am jealous :mrgreen: I wish I was moving (back) to Cali!!! I don't think I would ever grow tired of going to DL. I agree with danimal3114u that your focus would change. I love to people watch. I am a "vacationer" now when I go to DL so I am always in rush, rush mode to get to and ride my fav rides that I have truly never just relaxed and enjoyed the ambiance of the park.
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

wdwannabe

Post by wdwannabe » Mar Tue 18, 2008 4:14 pm

I can't say for sure what will happen, I have not lived close enough to either park, but, just for the shear joy of going when you want too would be wonderful. If you think your getting a little burnt out, don't go for several weeks. Maybe make the time you do go an event, plan say every 6 weeks, and go to lunch at a fun place or make dinner reservations...you don't have to go on every ride every time. Maybe get the book on Hidden Mickeys, or a book on DL and find out for yourself what makes the parks. You could always soak up the feelings of a wonderful day, just remember you make it what you want too.

Good luck with your move! And just think of all the people who wish they were you!
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Mar Mon 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Well, for whatever it is worth, I never got tired of it when I worked and played at WDW every day for a semester. I still want to be there all the time (even when we manage 2-3 lengthy trips a year).
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Jan Thu 15, 2009 9:45 am

I guess it depends on the type of person you are. I am a theme park enthusiast and I go to Six Flags Great Adventure all the time. Disneyworld and Disneyland is a step up from Six Flags and I would probably never get tired of that. Of course, if I went EVERY weekend, I would get sick of it. I would say a once a month visit should be fine. There are also other reasons to go so often. Maybe there are concerts or other events that can be visited every month. Just space your time between visits and you should be fine. :mickey:
Image Image

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Thu 15, 2009 3:49 pm

I've had APs since December 2007 and it's been worth it every time I go. I've gone so much last year than I've ever gone in my entire life and I'm never sick of it. I have a lot of fun and the experience is different and new to me each time I walk through the gates.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jan Thu 15, 2009 6:25 pm

I've had APs since December 2007 and it's been worth it every time I go

Other than this last year I've had a Disney pass, or have worked in the parks, for almost 4 and a half years! I love the parks and will never get tired of them.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

billville

Post by billville » Jan Thu 15, 2009 7:08 pm

I agree with everyone here! Ive lived in So Cal my entire life (up until last march) and have never gotten sick of going to DL. Ive owned AP's for the past 5 years and always loved going. Just like Horizons said, ive also gone there just for lunch. Mainly for the atmosphere and some good munchies!

I am also moving back to Orange County this coming August and cant wait to get my AP back!! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Thu 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Although everyone is different...

I live about half a mile behind the Magic Kingdom at WDW. I can see/hear the fireworks at night (rattles the windows!!) every night, hear the trains and ferry boats on Seven Seas Lagoon. Being a (former) CM, the last 3 years were amazing because I loved going to the parks and resorts whenever I wanted and just taking in the atmosphere. I may not be able to go to the parks whenever I want to any more, but I feel the anticipation to go like every other non-Disney CM.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.