14%
it can snow anytime it wants
46%

Total votes: 79

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Mon 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:We even have a winter storm warning in Chattanooga. We haven't seen this much snow in 6 years!
Winter Storm Warning and Wind Advisory are already up. I'm starting to think that dreaded "B" word (Blizzard ;)) might be the case. I am scared that a Blizzard Warning might end up happening. I can only hope RU decides to shut down. Not going to be a fun storm to drive in.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Mon 08, 2010 9:10 pm

For all fellow subsonicers out there buried in the snow, be careful! It's scary how much snow has been falling lately...and yet in Vancouver it's sparse for the Olympics. This is crazy!!!

Also for those out there who are water-logged (CA), you guys be careful too!

We're headed for more rain here in Vegas...and maybe even some flurries later in the week.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Wed 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Looks like the brunt of the storm has passed, but the back breaking work is FAR from over. Driveway was plowed out once and could definitely use another plowing. We shoveled our walkways multiple times today, but they are still fully snow covered.

Total snowfall for this storm: 18 inches! :shock:

Only good thing, perfect snowball snow!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Thu 11, 2010 4:54 pm

We ended up with 15 inches. Driving to/from work was loads of fun. :evil: I hope we're done with the snow now?!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Fri 12, 2010 1:28 am

boilerbabe wrote:We ended up with 15 inches. Driving to/from work was loads of fun. :evil: I hope we're done with the snow now?!
Seems highly unlikely. We are now going to get potentially another couple of inches Monday night into Tuesday. Also, roads here still have a good inch of slush and ice. I am starting to wonder if the state and towns are running low on salt or money, or both.
- Len90

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Fri 12, 2010 8:58 am

So, last week I helped my sister move from Watertown, NY to Johnson City, TN. This is the first time I have seen real snow in about 15 years, and it is really really pretty...but I don't want to live in it.

As I drove up to Johnson City on the 31, Knoxville was so pretty. They had had freezing rain a couple days before and the trees on the mountains were just covered in ice. It looked like a scene out of a fairy tale.

The North Country is some of the most beautiful land I have seen in this country. It's very Rockwell America.

But alas, I have returned to Florida, where it is cold and rainy...although, there is an 8% chance for flurries tonight (I'm not holding my breath).
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sun 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Love snow! We don't get it enough here. I'm moving to Idaho soon though, I guess I'll get snow a-plenty... :shock:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Mon 22, 2010 12:21 am

Soarin08 wrote:Love snow! We don't get it enough here. I'm moving to Idaho soon though, I guess I'll get snow a-plenty... :shock:
I finally saw a piece of our lawn after being covered for over two weeks. I've had enough of all the snow. You will grow tired of it very quickly ;)
- Len90

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Feb Mon 22, 2010 3:11 am

I've just come back from a very uncharacteristic cold WDW.

Opened the curtains this morning and we have more snow falling, this is one weird year we hardly ever get snow in Britain. It's nowhere near what the north of America was getting when we were in Florida but I for one have had enough of cold weather.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Mon 22, 2010 10:20 am

One of my nephews is five and live in the North of Brazil. The large amounts of snowfall in the US have made international news and he has become obsessed with snow. Where he lives they do not get snow, in fact they are much warmer than me in Florida...it's more like Miami/Key West where he is. But everyday he checks the weather maps online to see if it is snowing in Florida yet. And every time I speak to him he asks if it is snowing. He so desperately wants to see snow. It is so cute.
agingerbugg's mind wrote:Of course this is probably the internet's version of annoying kid pictures. I am sure no one finds it as a adorable as you do.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Mon 22, 2010 11:24 am

We got more snow last night. BOOOOO! :evil:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Mon 22, 2010 12:32 pm

It has been a crazy winter. I am just hoping that it is over with until next year. We normally get around 20 inches on average. Maybe 30 if it is a snowy year. This year we are nearing 60 inches :shock: or almost 5 feet of snow!
- Len90

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 22, 2010 12:45 pm

I live in Georgia and we don't get a lot of snow here - 1 to 3 times per year, if at all, so I'll take whatever snow I can get. It doesn't last long here either. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Mon 22, 2010 12:45 pm

We've been in the 60's for the last few days. Now they are talking snow again!! Enough is enough, come on SPRING!!!ImageImageImageImage
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Mon 22, 2010 12:56 pm

For us, it's been more wet and rainy this winter than usual, but - TG! - no snow at all!!!! :D