14%
it can snow anytime it wants
46%

Total votes: 79

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Thu 04, 2010 10:49 pm

What a crazy Winter this has been. It started off packing a lot of cold and snow in December to early Jan. Then Winter seemed to hibernate during Jan. Now that Feb. is here, the storms are lining up. I like the snow, but it might be getting to that point where enough is enough.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 04, 2010 11:01 pm

So, what about that old song, Len90: "Let it snow, let it snow, let in snow!" :wink:

Mamabaminjamin
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Feb Fri 05, 2010 10:53 am

mindflipper wrote:So, what about that old song, Len90: "Let it snow, let it snow, let in snow!" :wink:

Please Please!!! We need snow for spring skiing.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Fri 05, 2010 11:39 am

NO MORE SNOW! :twisted: I feel like everyday is groundhog day anymore! I'm ready for Spring!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Sat 06, 2010 12:25 am

Areas in Md, Va, and DC could see 30 inches of snow. This is something that will rewrite history books. Expecting close to a foot by me with something else possibly hitting on Wednesday.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 06, 2010 8:54 am

Everybody who's snowbound please take it easy when getting around - where there is snow, there is ice, and ice can create many unsafe and potentially hazardous situations. Good luck who feel stuck with the snow! :)

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Sat 06, 2010 12:04 pm

I just spent the past week in the north country (upstate New York) and it was beautiful. Everything was covered in snow. I really like the towns there too, small and quaint surrounded by farmland. And the snow wasn't too bad, except being from Florida, I have NO winter clothes. I did bring waterproof shoes, but they did nothing to keep out the cold. Even with the wool socks, it took two days for my feet to warm up after leaving.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Sat 06, 2010 11:27 pm

mindflipper wrote:Everybody who's snowbound please take it easy when getting around - where there is snow, there is ice, and ice can create many unsafe and potentially hazardous situations. Good luck who feel stuck with the snow! :)
Well, one round done. Nearly a foot of snow, but for some reason this was more annoying than usual. Pretty much formed a layer of compacted snow/ice that was tough to get off after shoveling. Roads are still slick for the most part and luckily most people stayed indoors today. We however, spent the day out enjoying being one of the only people in the stores :D
- Len90

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Sun 07, 2010 11:58 am

We ended up with a few inches over the weekend. But, they're saying we've got more on the way tomorrow, YIPPEE! :evil:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 07, 2010 12:14 pm

And yet BC Vancouver is having to truck and fly in snow for the Winter Olympics because they don't have enough. Sounds like they had the Winter Olympics in the wrong spot this year! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Sun 07, 2010 6:23 pm

mindflipper wrote:And yet BC Vancouver is having to truck and fly in snow for the Winter Olympics because they don't have enough. Sounds like they had the Winter Olympics in the wrong spot this year! :shock: :lol: :wink:
Trust me there is plenty of snow we could ship out of the parking lots here in NJ.

It took my brother, my mom, and I about 90 minutes to do the walks adn driveway. All the back breaking effort does pay off when you go out today and your driveway and walks are perfectly dry. :D
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Glad to hear you and your family are surviving it well, Len90. Seems there has been all kinds of problems up there snowbound states: airports closed, electricity (and heat) out for thousands, and natural gas power plant under construction had a large explosion. It seems the rough winter is causing hardship and catastrophe for the North. Now I hear that the federal government in Washington D.C. will be closed tomorrow for a "snow day."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Mon 08, 2010 10:38 am

mindflipper wrote:Glad to hear you and your family are surviving it well, Len90. Seems there has been all kinds of problems up there snowbound states: airports closed, electricity (and heat) out for thousands, and natural gas power plant under construction had a large explosion. It seems the rough winter is causing hardship and catastrophe for the North. Now I hear that the federal government in Washington D.C. will be closed tomorrow for a "snow day."
DC and philadelphia have a snow day today as those respective cities along with many others continue to dig out. We are all dug out and it is business as usual. However, far south NJ does have some school closings yet. Patiently awaiting the arrival of Spring. It can't come soon enough! :D
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Mon 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Unfortuately, Len90, don't you have more snow on the way before Spring comes?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Mon 08, 2010 2:51 pm

We even have a winter storm warning in Chattanooga. We haven't seen this much snow in 6 years!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage