14%
it can snow anytime it wants
46%

Total votes: 79

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Thu 25, 2010 7:17 am

Thankfully the storm missed us and headed northeast. Bad news for Len though...

Len - How are things in that direction?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Thu 25, 2010 5:53 pm

NaCler wrote:Thankfully the storm missed us and headed northeast. Bad news for Len though...

Len - How are things in that direction?
Well Rutgers closed early which meant my exam tonight got canceled, most likely now on Tuesday. So far about 2-3 inches of that heavy slushy stuff. Roads are fine, but it's supposedly only the beginning. Winter Storm Warning now states 12-18 inches. I think I smell a record breaking month and season.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Thu 25, 2010 6:03 pm

I've been thinking about everyone in the East the last couple of days...especially you Len (since I've been hearing all kinds of weather coming out of NJ). I have family in upstate NY, but I'm not sure how badly they've been hit.

Good Luck everyone! I'll send some special "thermal" pixie dust your way to melt you guys out of it!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Thu 25, 2010 7:22 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I've been thinking about everyone in the East the last couple of days...especially you Len (since I've been hearing all kinds of weather coming out of NJ). I have family in upstate NY, but I'm not sure how badly they've been hit.

Good Luck everyone! I'll send some special "thermal" pixie dust your way to melt you guys out of it!
Upstate NY has not been getting hit as bad this year. From what I understand they are under for the season. It has been mostly the Mid-Atlantic region. States like Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Parts of Virginia, Central and South Jersey, and Washington DC.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Thu 25, 2010 7:52 pm

I also have family in Upsate New York and it's been a very hard winter!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 01, 2010 5:10 pm

We are getting more snow!! Enough already!! So I've updated my AVATAR to Goofy playing baseball!! That will get spring here!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Mon 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:We are getting more snow!! Enough already!! So I've updated my AVATAR to Goofy playing baseball!! That will get spring here!!
I'm done with snow approximately 70 inches so far this year. Might be a slushy accumulation this week. I hope the weather man is telling a lie. At least February is FINALLY over. Snowiest month on history for us. At least 40 inches of snow fell during the month!
- Len90

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Len90 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:We are getting more snow!! Enough already!! So I've updated my AVATAR to Goofy playing baseball!! That will get spring here!!
I'm done with snow approximately 70 inches so far this year. Might be a slushy accumulation this week. I hope the weather man is telling a lie. At least February is FINALLY over. Snowiest month on history for us. At least 40 inches of snow fell during the month!
*REMEMBER I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN BROOKLYN*

That said, we've had over a foot of snow this winter. That may not sound like a lot, but in a small city with two salters and one snow plow, that's a lot!! We don't get snow here, it's very rare! Enough already, if I wanted to see snow I'd go visit New York!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Mon 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Len90 wrote:
*REMEMBER I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN BROOKLYN*

That said, we've had over a foot of snow this winter. That may not sound like a lot, but in a small city with two salters and one snow plow, that's a lot!! We don't get snow here, it's very rare! Enough already, if I wanted to see snow I'd go visit New York!
Wow. We have plows and salters, but not enough to cover all the roads in the town. Most tertiary roads are plowed by outside contractors. Since some of the the snow storms have been so deep, we have had a farm tractor plow our development out.
- Len90