Worst phobias....

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Cutie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Worst phobias....

Post by Cutie » Sep Sat 23, 2006 4:07 pm

It seems that there is a phobia for everything these days. This struck me as very bizarre though, that anyone would actually be afraid of something like this. Even more bizarre that it even has a proper name for it :?

Who else here has a phobia about something? Everybody must have something they fear, so lets hear about yours.

My phobia is quite a popular one, but scary all the same.....Arachnophobia, the fear of spiders....yuk!!
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/cutie-awe/Winnie_sparkle.gif[/img]

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Sep Sat 23, 2006 4:12 pm

I would not say a phobia, But I dont like spiders.

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » Sep Sat 23, 2006 9:36 pm

I don't like spiders either... But I'm actually afraid a little of elevators dropping while I'm in them (Hence.. why TOT scares the crap out of me... But I love to go on... and I'm afraid of heights (well......... falling from the heights actually..)
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Sep Sat 23, 2006 9:53 pm

I have a fear of the dark, being completly alone, and falling rides. My boyfriend forced me on to the Tower of Terror. I had the worst feeling in my stomach the whole time i was in line. And I refused to put my hands up. I admitted it was fun. So he decided to take me again. This time he put his hand on the handle bar first and blocked it so I couldn't hold on. So I Just grabbed his arm. He said I had a death grip on his arm. I still get that creepy feeling in my stomach but I'm able to put my hands up. He helped me get over that fear.
I do stuff sometimes.

csquare77

Post by csquare77 » Sep Sun 24, 2006 10:48 am

knedeau wrote:I don't like spiders either... But I'm actually afraid a little of elevators dropping while I'm in them (Hence.. why TOT scares the crap out of me... But I love to go on... and I'm afraid of heights (well......... falling from the heights actually..)
You would have loved this then, I was on ann elevator on the 53rd floor, so a bunch of us piled on, and it make a really loud noise and dropped a bit, LOL I don't think you will ever see an elevator empty so quickly.
Last edited by csquare77 on Sep Sun 24, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Sun 24, 2006 11:13 am

I really really REALLY don't like spiders either, but I don't think it ranks phobia. I mean at least I can deal with teeny tiny ones.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Sun 24, 2006 1:43 pm

csquare77 wrote:I would not say a phobia, But I dont like spiders.
I'd have to agree with that - I'm not paralyzed by any fear, but I am not a fan of spiders.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Sep Sun 24, 2006 6:58 pm

Arachibutyrophobia

Sadly....my dog has this phobia. we hadn't realized it when we first gave him a spoonfull of peanut butter but once we had...he was in a "Jam" when he started acting weird we took him to the vet. it cost alot of "Bread" but we felt "Sandwiched" when the "Chips" were down and we love him so much. when the bill for the psychologist arrived it had eaten our "Lunch" it was a "sticky" situation considering our financial situation. I hope you all take note and "Preserve" this warning for your pet. looks like we'll stick to ham sandwiches.

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » Sep Sun 24, 2006 9:02 pm

I don't know if anyone went throught the list of phobias, but there is one in there that really made me laugh.

The Fear of Long Words:

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
I do stuff sometimes.

Cutie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Cutie » Sep Sun 24, 2006 9:40 pm

bigthunderlover wrote:I don't know if anyone went throught the list of phobias, but there is one in there that really made me laugh.

The Fear of Long Words:

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Hahaha, ironic that the medical term should then be a long word. Im sure whoever has this one it would bring them out in a cold sweat just thinking about telling anyone what it is they suffer from :twisted:
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/cutie-awe/Winnie_sparkle.gif[/img]

knedeau

Post by knedeau » Sep Mon 25, 2006 10:37 am

csquare77 wrote:
knedeau wrote:I don't like spiders either... But I'm actually afraid a little of elevators dropping while I'm in them (Hence.. why TOT scares the crap out of me... But I love to go on... and I'm afraid of heights (well......... falling from the heights actually..)
You would have loved this then, I was on an elevator on the 53rd floor, so a bunch of us piled on, and it made a really loud noise and dropped a bit, LOL I don't think you will ever see an elevator empty so quickly.
I SO would have flown off that thing! Hehehe.... I usually try take the stairs up to about 4 or 5 flights.. Ugh...... You should have seen me on the elevator for the eiffle tower though. I had to force myself to remain calm.... It doesn't help that it's an all glass elevator either.
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Mon 25, 2006 11:10 am

I have a fear of bees/hornest/wasps (no, I'm not allergic) and my fiancee is downright terrified of snakes. She had to run out of the Rainforest Cafe in Anaheim because of the very large fake boa wrapped through the ceiling vines and whatnot, and the lats time she saw one in person, she fainted.
~Steve

weluvmovies.com
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by weluvmovies.com » Jan Tue 30, 2007 3:19 am

I think I WON'T check that out... but thanks.

My fear is that we will someday answer the question that has haunted me since childhood. "We occupy space, but what space does 'space' occupy?" I'm afraid if we all think really hard about this, that everything in existence will just disappear and we will all cease to exist. Also being in the ocean with sharks. Yup, that does it for me. :shock:

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Feb Fri 09, 2007 8:07 pm

For some reason I just don't like to get into a lake all alone, but it has to be out in the deep. Not sure why I don't like it, but my mind tells me NO!
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

stitchy
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by stitchy » Feb Fri 09, 2007 8:37 pm

I don't these are phobias, but i'm absoultley terrified of spiders even little ones and i don't like heights either.