wisdom teeth

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » May Wed 09, 2007 1:38 am

I had mine taken out like a year ago. Funny thing is I only had three that were growing in my mouth. So I only had three pulled! But yah the only things I remember about the prodedure is before the procedure the nurse gassed me. So I was all loopy. The nurse would just ask me small talk questions like, "What school do you go to?" And I would start giggling. I couldn't help it! Everything was so funny! Then the doctor came in and gave me an IV to completely sedate me before the procedure. The doctor was laughing at me cuz I just kept giggling and laughing even as he stuck the IV in my arm. (For the record needles freak me out) So this was way not my style. But the doctor started to worry cuz the IV was taking a lot longer than usual to put me out. Usuallly it takes only 5 seconds to knock someone out. But for me it took about 30 seconds. I geuss he just couldn't wait, cuz I remember him putting those things in my mouth to prop my mouth open. I remember thinking to myself,"Ouch, that kinda hurts." But before i knew it i was gone. The next thing I rember is waking up with the breathing tubes stuck in my nose still and I started to play with them. i was breathing in and out really fast and watching the line on the machine go up and down. Trying to walk to the car was fun too. I was trying so hard to move my legs but I geuss it wasn't good enough cuz my feet were like dragging on the ground while my mom tried to get me to the car. After the whole ordeal I ended up with only one side of my face swelling up, cuz I only had one tooth pulled on the bottom. That was my wisdom teeth adventure!
I do stuff sometimes.

stitchy
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by stitchy » May Wed 09, 2007 1:31 pm

I've only had my left ones taken out. I just had the novicane and no pain after that. I have them still and I'll keep the right ones when I get those removed too.

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » May Wed 09, 2007 2:05 pm

Had mine out years ago. Had one that was impacted. Whatever that means. I went to an Oral surgeon, all 4 one shot. I was knocked out for it, best way to go. Pain afterwards was very minimal.

So moral is say yes to drugs!... well at least for wisdom teeth :)

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

rocketman
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by rocketman » May Wed 09, 2007 10:48 pm

3 out of the 4 were impacted. I was completely out for the whole procedure. My guy must have known what the was doing because I ate pizza later that night. I didn't even swell up or get bruised. I was very lucky. Hope you're feeling better soon

jenjolt
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jenjolt » Feb Tue 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Okay I don't have a traumatic wisdom teeth story however my DH on the other hand. While in the Army they referred him to get his wisdom teeth. However the gentleman who they had do the procedure was licensed to clean but not to use power tools. So three hours later with a chisel and a hammer my husband had is top two wisdom teeth referred and all he had as pain relief was novacaine...I still cringe when I hear that story.
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/haunted-mansion1.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/great-movie-ride2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/jenjolt/epcot2.gif[/img]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Tue 24, 2009 5:12 pm

I never had trouble with them. My ex wife had to get four pulled at one time when we were in college. They were all impacted. They had her so doped up (she only weighed about 105 lbs) she was out of it for almost two full days. It was like having a puppet. As I remember, my buddy and I just sort of got her to do Goofy things that she never remembered. This of course is the "G" rated version. No it was nothing that would be in Penthouse, not Goofy like that. The neighbors did keep asking her if the B**G water tasted good ( This was in the early 80's). She still doesn't remember! :evil: :twisted:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Tue 24, 2009 5:41 pm

I thankfully have never had any issues with my wisdom teeth (yet). Apparently I have a big mouth that has accommodated all four.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Tue 24, 2009 6:17 pm

agingerbugg wrote:I thankfully have never had any issues with my wisdom teeth (yet). Apparently I have a big mouth that has accommodated all four.
Very lucky. Every six months the dentist is warning me that they will have to come out. I just keep let it go over my head until the day I start having pain and discomfort.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Feb Tue 24, 2009 6:48 pm

I only had 1 that was impacted, but the doctor said they all would need to come out. so, he took them all out at once. see my last couple of posts for details on my experience.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Tue 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Len90 wrote: Very lucky. Every six months the dentist is warning me that they will have to come out. I just keep let it go over my head until the day I start having pain and discomfort.
My dentist tells me the same thing, but he is just trying to get money out of me. There is no reason to have them removed unless there is a problem and I don't have any problems.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Feb Tue 24, 2009 9:04 pm

agingerbugg wrote:
Len90 wrote: Very lucky. Every six months the dentist is warning me that they will have to come out. I just keep let it go over my head until the day I start having pain and discomfort.
My dentist tells me the same thing, but he is just trying to get money out of me. There is no reason to have them removed unless there is a problem and I don't have any problems.
I had this same attitude and put it off. When I finally decided to go and have them removed they told me that I waited so long that the roots of the wisdom teeth had grown around the nerve that runs in my lower jaw. If they now try and remove them they will have to break the tooth and try and not damage the nerve in the process.
I really wish I had it done in my early twenties like they had recommended because now I have to put up with them unless I have a real big problem and then if they do remove them I risk losing feeling in my lower jaw.
I'm only sharing this because I wish I had been informed of this possibility before it was too late.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 24, 2009 9:35 pm

Thankfully mine don't give me any problems. I have about three out of four that are visible with the other still in hiding. I don't know if I can go through another oral surgery if needed. The one I had when I was 7/8 years old was bad enough.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Tue 24, 2009 10:53 pm

I had all 4 of mine removed when I was a Soph. in H.S. this was many moons ago!!! LOL, I'm now 32! But, they were all impacted, it was horrible. I got dry sockets, very painful. I couldn't eat solid foods for about 2 weeks! And my cheeks were huge, I looked like a chimpmunk! Possibly a relative of Chip and Dale! Glad that's over with!!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Wed 25, 2009 1:06 am

boilerbabe wrote:I had all 4 of mine removed when I was a Soph. in H.S. this was many moons ago!!! LOL, I'm now 32! But, they were all impacted, it was horrible. I got dry sockets, very painful. I couldn't eat solid foods for about 2 weeks! And my cheeks were huge, I looked like a chimpmunk! Possibly a relative of Chip and Dale! Glad that's over with!!!
Yikes! That is my biggest fear of getting them done. I don't care about the surgery, it is just the risk of getting a dry socket afterwards.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

js3901

Post by js3901 » Feb Wed 25, 2009 6:31 am

Len90 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:I had all 4 of mine removed when I was a Soph. in H.S. this was many moons ago!!! LOL, I'm now 32! But, they were all impacted, it was horrible. I got dry sockets, very painful. I couldn't eat solid foods for about 2 weeks! And my cheeks were huge, I looked like a chimpmunk! Possibly a relative of Chip and Dale! Glad that's over with!!!
Yikes! That is my biggest fear of getting them done. I don't care about the surgery, it is just the risk of getting a dry socket afterwards.
that's why in one of my original posts on the first page I said to keep some water nearby at all times. My doctor even gave me one of those little syringes to fill with water, soi I could shoot it right into the sockets while they healed.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak