No
17%

Total votes: 12

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: The Scouting Life

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Tue 18, 2011 3:54 pm

It's sad some Cub Scout Packs do a horrible job at preparing and wanting Boys to go into Boy Scouts. I think I was very lucky.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Tue 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Wow... welcome back eagle4life69!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 18, 2011 10:36 pm

NaCler wrote:
F1gment wrote:(she was the troops mascot I think!! altho that put her in some precarious positions ie: being dangled over a two story drop of a railing, and of course photos of her as a cute little Brownie!!!
That is truly awesome... The mascot... I think I am speaking for everyone on the boards when I ask... PICTURES PLEASE???!!! :D
F1gment wrote:Tell me you were a scout too NaCler... :?: :) :figment:
I was but a lowly Cub Scout. I didn't like it enough to continue into the real Boy Scouts when I got old enough. Does that count?
Of course Cub scouts count! I looked quickly this afternoon and located a few photos of the trailer the troop built, and one of me with my oldest brother and some sort of project. He would kill me if he even knew I was considering sharing that photo. 70's hairstyles and all :roll: :lol:
I'll have to keep looking to find me as a cute little Brownie :roll: I'm sure there are some photos, I'm just looking for one where I am cute ;) :lol:

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:08 am

NaCler wrote:Wow... welcome back eagle4life69!
Thanks, I have been around but my skills where being put down, as if I never helped.... Its been nice to watch the site grow to what it is.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Wed 19, 2011 7:32 am

eagle4life69 wrote:
Thanks, I have been around but my skills where being put down, as if I never helped.... Its been nice to watch the site grow to what it is.
I wasn't around when you helped get this site going as I am still technically a newbie. But if you had anything to do with getting this place started and keeping it running through the years then I can't thank you enough.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 9:38 am

Yeah I am one of the ones to help rely the music back when there was very little connections. I also helped with some other things around here I registered Sept 2004. Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy, Subsonic is bringing something we need, now for an app on my phone hmmmmm.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 9:46 am

NaCler wrote:
eagle4life69 wrote:
I wasn't around when you helped get this site going as I am still technically a newbie. But if you had anything to do with getting this place started and keeping it running through the years then I can't thank you enough.
Mousekdittos on that sentiment NaCler! Thanks eagle4life69 :D

joeyflds
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by joeyflds » Feb Thu 03, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm in Eagle Scout, i think its a great thing for boys and girls to do. It teaches a lot of life lessons that people need to learn.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Feb Thu 03, 2011 5:36 pm

I was in scouts didn't get Eagle left to work and do more school activities. But I do totally think it's a great organization!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jun Sun 03, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm an Eagle Scout. I am also currently a Cub Master, District Trainer, and an OA Chapter Advisor. Part of my "one hour per week" of scout duties! LOL.
-Club33Hopeful

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jun Mon 04, 2012 12:32 pm

LOLs at the 'one hour' i told my wife NOT to mark the eagle bubble on the adult form for me... she did, and now i am the Asst. Cubmaster for pack 400... Eagle '96 bronze palm

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jun Mon 04, 2012 12:34 pm

the scoutmaster could say he stayed at a La Quinta last night... boy that was quite a day in his office... went in as tiger cub asst, left as Asst Cubmaster.

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jun Mon 04, 2012 1:13 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:the scoutmaster could say he stayed at a La Quinta last night... boy that was quite a day in his office... went in as tiger cub asst, left as Asst Cubmaster.
That is basically how I got sucked back in. Took my son in for Tiger orientation, and the committee chair started explaining the scout program to me. I told her I had the Arrow of Light and am an Eagle Scout, and I walked out of that meeting the new Cubmaster.

Forgot to mention that I am also an active merit badge counselor. Man, when they get you, they really get you. I guess you could say I am invested in the program. I "drank the Kool Aid."
-Club33Hopeful

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jun Mon 04, 2012 8:06 pm

hey wait that happened to me just recently.. I got my son involved as a wolf and I became assistant leader then the Wolf Leader got a new job and then I became a Wolf Den Leader. Now that my son is done with Wolf's and moving to Bears I became the New Bear leader. Though the best part is my son is wearing my Neckerchiefs from when I was in scouting 20+ years ago.

Once a Scout always a Scout.. Of course I had to go 1 set further and made a website for all scouting in my city.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 05, 2012 5:28 am

eagle4life69 wrote:hey wait that happened to me just recently.. I got my son involved as a wolf and I became assistant leader then the Wolf Leader got a new job and then I became a Wolf Den Leader. Now that my son is done with Wolf's and moving to Bears I became the New Bear leader. Though the best part is my son is wearing my Neckerchiefs from when I was in scouting 20+ years ago.

Once a Scout always a Scout.. Of course I had to go 1 set further and made a website for all scouting in my city.
That's pretty cool that your son is wearing your neckerchiefs!