Finals are Evil

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jun Thu 05, 2008 7:53 am

I like resurrecting old posts :P sometimes its fun to use the search tab cause you see soooo many topics and some I have totally forgotten about.

I am wondering it must be finals time cause the forums aren't as busy as they usually are!

Good luck to those of you taking your finals!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 05, 2008 2:33 pm

my finals are next week so that's one thing i'm not looking forward to. :| but as long as i can do it so school is over, i'll do it.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Finals for me are in two weeks. Luckily, as a senior I have am on track to being exempt from 5 of 7. However, one of those requires a lot of studying. I think I will be listening to a lot of the sorin' stream to help me get through the studying.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » Jun Thu 05, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm in college(UNLV) and our semester ended back in May but I'm taking a summer school class to get ahead. The last day is tomorrow!!!! And I leave Saturday. YAY!!! I'm in need of a vacation!!!

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Jun Fri 06, 2008 12:29 pm

abrcrmbegrl20 wrote:I'm in college(UNLV) and our semester ended back in May but I'm taking a summer school class to get ahead. The last day is tomorrow!!!! And I leave Saturday. YAY!!! I'm in need of a vacation!!!
I did that for several summers at Penn State, the result was 3 years in school instead of 4. Of course that doesn't mean anything because I'm not using my degree at the moment or in the near future anyway.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Jun Fri 06, 2008 3:07 pm

I can't tell you how happy I am to be done with finals forever. Not having to take finals is just about one of this nicest feelings! Best of luck to those of you who still have finals in your future - summer is almost here.
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

djdevon817
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by djdevon817 » Jun Fri 06, 2008 8:44 pm

I read the title of this post and thought it was about hockey finals! Silly me. While I'm not taking any finals of the test variety, I work for the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins, which is the American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Well, for those who follow the sport, you may know Pittsburgh was in the Stanley Cup finals, but lost on Wednesday. :cry:

Our team is currently staving off elimination in our finals, in our quest for the Calder Cup. We're down 3-0 in the series going into tonights game, so it doesn't look good for us.

In any event, finals (in relation to hockey) have been evil for both us and Pittsburgh! Sorry to pull this thread off topic... just thought I'd share my warped thought of what this thread was before I actually started reading it!

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Jun Tue 10, 2008 8:16 pm

My finals were over a month ago and I'm glad they were over but I just remembered today that I signed up for a summer class in the 2nd session which begins June 30th. It's only one class but I really love the freedom and relaxation of the summer time.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Jun Sun 15, 2008 8:08 pm

I had 3 finals in a row. Physics, Decrete Math, and Architectural History class. I pass them all, thankfully.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

HakuOni

Post by HakuOni » Jun Sun 15, 2008 10:36 pm

dont worry i think you will do just fine! you just have to believe in yourself! :D
have a magical day and good luck!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Sun 15, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm happy that mine are over and done with now. It was exhausting. :|

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Wed 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Well it is close to midnight here on the east coast. I have decided to call it quits on studying for my last high school final which will begin at 8:30 tomorrow. Teacher may have brushed on half the stuff the final will encompass, so it should be fun. Tomorrow at 10:40 my high school years come to an unofficial end!

UPDATE 6/20: Pulled the A off just after the curve. I guess I had some Disney magic in taking this final!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Tue 09, 2008 10:59 am

Had to bring this topic back up. The Fall 2008 semester is coming to a close already. Finals are starting up for me next week. I can't believe it has gone by so fast. It feels like yesterday is was Labor Day!
- Len90

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Tue 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Good luck to you Len90, I remember my college days (I'm not that far removed) and stressing over finals! Although I miss college terribly, finals, not so much! It's a great feeling once they're over! Good luck!!! :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Tue 09, 2008 1:53 pm

I had my English Composition II final this morning, and I have Biology I tonight. Tomorrow is Western Civilizations I and Thursday is Psychology. I'm ready for them to be over!!!!