Finals are Evil

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Dec Tue 09, 2008 1:54 pm

I have two more finals tomorrow (Environment and Conservation, Fisheries Policy and Management) and then I'm celebrating my freedom by going to WDW next week! Yaaaay! It's the only thing getting me through this...
:nemo:

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Dec Tue 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Have two under my belt, two more to go and then I am free til January. :nemo:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Wed 10, 2008 4:29 am

I have only one this semester and it's going to require a lot of reading and a lot of procrastination since I am very notorious for that.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Dec Wed 10, 2008 8:46 am

I have to take a Music History final tomorrow :x and then I'll be done!! Yay!!
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Dec Wed 10, 2008 9:44 am

Sorry but I don't miss those day at all! I have a double major undergraduate and an MBA. I also don't miss my waitress job. Sometimes I still have nightmares that I am the only waitress and a huge bus pull up....used to feel like I worked all night! :shock:

Wow 200 posts! I just changed jobs too!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Dec Wed 10, 2008 12:38 pm

we never really had "finals" in culinary school. we didn't have the traditional "semesters" that other schools have, we went in 38 day cycles. our tests were more practical exams, with the exeption of the side courses (math, culinary supervision, nutrition, wine, etc). in those classes we had projects and presentations.

though I missed out on the tradtional "college experience", I can't say I missed out on the high tuition and the rigid structure of university life...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Wed 10, 2008 8:15 pm

I have my psychology final tomorrow and that's it- thankfully!!!!
sherabby wrote:. I also don't miss my waitress job. Sometimes I still have nightmares that I am the only waitress and a huge bus pull up....used to feel like I worked all night! :shock:

OMG as the only waitress at a small restaurant I know what you mean! I HATE Sundays because about 100 people pile in at once after church and I am expected to deal with them all simultaneously.... makes me want to start cursing them. :lol:

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Dec Thu 11, 2008 7:58 am

Soarin08 wrote:I have my psychology final tomorrow and that's it- thankfully!!!!
sherabby wrote:. I also don't miss my waitress job. Sometimes I still have nightmares that I am the only waitress and a huge bus pull up....used to feel like I worked all night! :shock:

OMG as the only waitress at a small restaurant I know what you mean! I HATE Sundays because about 100 people pile in at once after church and I am expected to deal with them all simultaneously.... makes me want to start cursing them. :lol:
Good luck on your test today!
Isn't that the worst feeling waiting on a large group like that all at once! We used to get crushed after high school football games and have to wait on young kids and make milkshakes and desserts ourselves....then they left no tips too!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Thu 11, 2008 3:15 pm

sherabby wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I have my psychology final tomorrow and that's it- thankfully!!!!

Good luck on your test today!
Isn't that the worst feeling waiting on a large group like that all at once! We used to get crushed after high school football games and have to wait on young kids and make milkshakes and desserts ourselves....then they left no tips too!
I know it!! I've noticed that on Sundays, if I don't get people what they want the split second they ask for it (unless it's a regular customer who ends up tipping more than usual), they leave a dollar or won't tip at all. I had a group come in once and order $30 worth of food and leave a $1 tip! :evil:

The snow caused my psychology final to be canceled so I take it Monday.
Then I'm done!

slylandro
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by slylandro » Dec Thu 11, 2008 10:02 pm

YES YES FINAL ARE Grueling....can't wait for the super duper HOLIDAY!!! Two exam left in my case...one tomorrow and one Tuesday. Wish me luck!!!
'' It is kind of fun to do the impossible'' Walt Disney

'' He said that it all started by a mouse, I say it all started by a man and his dream'' Julie Andrew in One Man Dream

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Dec Fri 12, 2008 7:33 am

[/quote]

The snow caused my psychology final to be canceled so I take it Monday.
Then I'm done![/quote]

You will have more time to study but I'm sure you want it over with now! We got dumped on with snow last night and it wasn't really supposed to accumulate. 3 fresh inches. I woke up to the sound of the snow plow at 2:30 am. Our road crews did an awesome job!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Dec Fri 19, 2008 2:02 am

Thank goodness finals are over for me. I couldn't take another late night studying. The only good thing about staying up late to study is you get the request stream all to yourself! I had some great music to get me through it.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Fri 19, 2008 2:11 am

I'm so glad my final is over though I'm sure I failed it, aha. I did get a perfect score on one of my projects so that was a plus!

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Dec Fri 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Sounds like most of you are all done, but for anyone left, good luck with the rest of the finals! I must say I don't miss it one bit and am glad to be in the 'real world' right now!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Dec Fri 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Sounds like most of you are all done, but for anyone left, good luck with the rest of the finals! I must say I don't miss it one bit and am glad to be in the 'real world' right now!
I don't know, being in the 'real world' is what has brought me back to school and dealing with finals again. Of course, I am not at a point where I have to deal with both, can't survive off of JUST financial aide. Oh well, not too much longer and I can go back into the true 'real world' and not have to worry about finals.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin