86%
No
14%

Total votes: 66

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Nov Sun 04, 2007 3:57 pm

I've been reading The Scarlet Pimpernel and the sequel, Eldorado. I loved the first and am thoroughly enjoying the second. I also saw the 1982 made for TV movie and sink me, it was equal to if not better than the books! :wink:
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Sun 04, 2007 5:57 pm

currently readin star wars" death star....very good story so far.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sun 04, 2007 6:14 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:currently readin star wars" death star....very good story so far.
Have you read any of the stories with Hans and Leia's kids. They've been pretty good so far. I've read about 5 or 6 of them. The Courtship of Princess Leia was also really good. You might want try some of the multiple story Star War books. I haven't ran into a bad one yet.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Nov Mon 05, 2007 1:22 pm

I'm revisiting my youth and reading Goosebumps again. So good for nostalgia!

If you're a fan of good hearted adventure, I can not recommend Alexander Dumas enough. He wrote the Musketeer trilogy (3 Musketeers, Twenty Years After, and the Man in the Iron Mask), as well as the Count of Monte Cristo, among others. I find each and every one of his books to be wonderful reads.

Mandi
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Mandi » Nov Tue 06, 2007 4:29 am

i finished to read geisha after seen the movie memories of a geisha i really liked it!

and now i'm reading the last harry potter finally on store in french...
i should read it in english but didn't take the time to buy it.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Nov Tue 06, 2007 8:02 am

Have you read any of the stories with Hans and Leia's kids. They've been pretty good so far. I've read about 5 or 6 of them. The Courtship of Princess Leia was also really good. You might want try some of the multiple story Star War books. I haven't ran into a bad one yet.
Have I read them....I have read every single Star Was bok that has come out, well over 100..it's insane, and you are right they are great,and they keep getting crazier too!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Nov Tue 06, 2007 10:55 am

I just read "Wicked" and it is waaay darker and more complex than the musical is, I strongly recommend it!
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Apr Sun 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Right now I'm reading my collection of The Far Side one of the two best comic strips ever, the other being Calvin and Hobbes.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 06, 2009 9:01 am

DAR wrote:Right now I'm reading my collection of The Far Side one of the two best comic strips ever, the other being Calvin and Hobbes.
My oldest son's nick name is Calvin. He's the one that want's to change the rules of the game while playing.

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Apr Mon 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Now I'm reading The Ten Cent Plague-The Great Comic Book Scare and How It Changed America.

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Apr Mon 27, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm reading Angels and Demons right now. Then after I plan on reading Kingdom Keepers.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Mon 27, 2009 11:21 pm

DAR wrote:I'm reading Angels and Demons right now. Then after I plan on reading Kingdom Keepers.
Kingdom Keepers was very good and the sequel is amazing as well so I'm glad to see someone else is reading them. I need to re-read Angels and Demons so I can be prepared for the movie. I hope it's much better than the Da Vinci Code.

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » May Fri 08, 2009 8:02 am

I just read a young adult book called Sorcery & Ceceilia (sp?) very good, like a Jane Austen mixed with Harry Potter.

Then I switched to a grown up book called The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Not my usual fare this serious stuff but it is very well written. I am about half-way through -- don't tell me the end!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Fri 08, 2009 8:06 am

elizabethswann wrote:
DAR wrote:I'm reading Angels and Demons right now. Then after I plan on reading Kingdom Keepers.
Kingdom Keepers was very good and the sequel is amazing as well so I'm glad to see someone else is reading them. I need to re-read Angels and Demons so I can be prepared for the movie. I hope it's much better than the Da Vinci Code.
I got lost watching the Da Vinci Code. Is there a version with sub titles? It had to much French to follow the movie.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Fri 08, 2009 8:33 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:
I got lost watching the Da Vinci Code. Is there a version with sub titles? It had to much French to follow the movie.
I don't know but you can check. I'm not quite sure if there is one but who knows.