for those that like Harry Potter

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Tue 09, 2006 6:07 pm

mikesatregis wrote:Does anyone have any good info about book 7? I heard it was mostly written - but I have no idea on release dates.
So far, JKR is calling for a Summer 2007 release (at least according to her official website and various interviews). OotP movie is due out July 13, 2007. Should be a good summer if both come out around the same time
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

SpaceyMounty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by SpaceyMounty » May Tue 09, 2006 7:28 pm

Oooh exciting!

James
Disneyland is the best!

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » May Wed 10, 2006 7:48 am

I am glad I didn't read GoF cause I enjoyed the movie. I like movies that take me away from reality and bring in a little fantasy, guess that's why I love the Disney Classics, like Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty...........some day MY prince will come!! :wink: HA HA HA
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

mikesatregis
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mikesatregis » May Wed 10, 2006 8:23 am

A whole year to wait! I dont know if I can wait that long..... ;)

I decided to re-read the series and was hoping I could continue right into book 7. I'll be done before next summer though....

I'm finding that I forgot quite a bit of book 5! I suppose its because I read it so quickly when it came out.
Disney Rocks!

SpaceyMounty

Post by SpaceyMounty » May Wed 10, 2006 6:28 pm

Yeah, so did I. And I dont remember it all that well.......whos grop? JK :wink:

James
Disneyland is the best!

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Wed 10, 2006 7:15 pm

SpaceyMounty wrote:whos grop? JK :wink:
I believe it's actually spealled "Grawp" :D
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

SpaceyMounty

Post by SpaceyMounty » May Wed 10, 2006 9:39 pm

LOL I thought something was wrong when I was typing that....lol

James
Disneyland is the best!

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Wed 10, 2006 11:27 pm

did anyone else take the W.O.M.B.A.T. that JK Rowling had on her official website? I got an Exceeds Expectations on mine, should be the second test coming up soon...

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Shinku » May Sat 13, 2006 11:04 pm

No release date yet, according to Amazon.com, for book 7.

Signed,
-Shinku,
who hopes there is significantly more Sirius featured in movie 5. :mrgreen:

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Sat 13, 2006 11:12 pm

yeah, there's no official release date set as of yet. But, JKR said herself that she's going for a Summer 2007 release.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

jumboshrmp
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by jumboshrmp » May Sun 14, 2006 7:58 am

Goblet of Fire was definitely my favorite of the Harry Potter Books so far, but I think the movie would have been much better if they made it longer.
The beginning was so rushed.
But I was so excited at the begginning whejn I saw the titles, I still couldn't believe I was actually going to be watching this movie.
[url=http://www.disneymountainrides.com][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/151/sig9bn.jpg[/img][/url]
Visit http://www.disneymountainrides.com/photos to see the photos from my May 5th trip to WDW!

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Sun 14, 2006 8:52 pm

I'm a big fan of both books and movies. The movies are great because they give you such a great visual representation of a fantastic magic. The books are great because they fill in the gaps in the story with more character building.

I am a little annoyed with the newest movie Goblet of Fire, because they took poetic liscense too far. They changed pivotal characters, they left out important plot points...and they didn't show ANY of the quiddich (I don't know how it is spelled) match at the beginning...all that build up for nothing! THe DVD doesn't even have any extra. Even when the schools arrived, they didn't do much with the entrances. Oh well.

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Sun 14, 2006 10:25 pm

FlatlandMounty wrote:I'm a big fan of both books and movies. The movies are great because they give you such a great visual representation of a fantastic magic. The books are great because they fill in the gaps in the story with more character building.

I am a little annoyed with the newest movie Goblet of Fire, because they took poetic liscense too far. They changed pivotal characters, they left out important plot points...and they didn't show ANY of the quiddich (I don't know how it is spelled) match at the beginning...all that build up for nothing! THe DVD doesn't even have any extra. Even when the schools arrived, they didn't do much with the entrances. Oh well.
don't even get me started with the last 2 movies. There were huge plot holes in both movies, several characyers missing, and continuity between the first 2 and second 2 does not line up at all. I hate to say it, but I don;t want to see how they butcher movie 5. I just wish Chris Columbus came back already

Site Admin, WDW Freak

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Mon 15, 2006 6:34 am

I've enjoyed the movies for what they are, but prefer the books. I'm sure it's difficult to translate the books into 2 hour movies without having holes in character development, etc.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

mikesatregis

Post by mikesatregis » May Mon 15, 2006 10:10 am

I agree with FlatlandMounty - The movies are great for the visuals AFTER you have read the books so you know whats going on..... You have to expect that 95% of the book is going to get chopped and when you loose that much the plot takes a beating, but how else can they cram a 700+ page book into a 2 Hr movie?
Disney Rocks!