Medieval Times

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Is Medieval Times worth the few hours away from the Disney Resort?

Yes
39%
No
29%
Never been there
32%

Total votes: 28

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by bigthunderlover » May Wed 23, 2007 1:58 am

Orlando. I think it is right on I192 as well as many other shows.
Dang it! Still gotta visit there.
I do stuff sometimes.

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by nancynohorse » Jul Sun 01, 2007 1:45 pm

I have never been to Medieval Times. Not to say I didn't want to go there. We went to King Henry's Feast on a Make-A-Wish trip years ago. It was fun. Then we went back to King Henry's a few years later. Just because my then husband didnt' want to eat with his hands at Medieval Times.
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Fri 10, 2007 5:07 pm

It would be worth it, if it was less expensive than it is. I've gone a couple of times, and really enjoyed myself, I just have a hard time arguing it's worth the $52 per person. It's really almost another full day at Disneyland, and I can't justify that cost. It truly is fun though.

coasterphil
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by coasterphil » Aug Fri 10, 2007 9:43 pm

I guess I'll be the first to say that I really didn't enjoy my trip to the Medieval Times.They opened up a GA location earlier this year and it isn't worth the money at all IMO. Another show I saw elsewhere but has an Orlando location too is the Dixie Stampede. I didn't really like that one all that much either, and I'm starting to think I just don't see the appeal in the bigger "spectacle shows".

As far as Orlando dinner shows are concerned I'd go with Sleuths if you have a bigger budget, or Capone's if its smaller because you can generally find some good coupons to use there. They both offer laughs and decent value for your money. Capone's is off on 192 and Sleuths is near Sand Lake and Uni Blvd.

nancynohorse

Post by nancynohorse » Aug Tue 21, 2007 5:09 pm

danimal3114u wrote:It would be worth it, if it was less expensive than it is. I've gone a couple of times, and really enjoyed myself, I just have a hard time arguing it's worth the $52 per person. It's really almost another full day at Disneyland, and I can't justify that cost. It truly is fun though.
$52 a person! :shock: Yikes! That's a lot for dinner!
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

Hypermommy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Mon 27, 2007 5:04 am

We did Medieval Times the last time we were in Orlando and we absolutely LOVED it. My kids are 13 and 11, both all boy and then some. It was a lot of fun and we were immersed in the fun the moment we got there. We spent some time in the medieval village and the guys actually learned something (heaven forbid they actually learn something while they're having fun! ;-) ). My guys were really pulling for their knight and were somewhat disappointed when he lost but we had a wonderful time anyway. Definitely, definitely worth the time away from Disney.
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

danimal3114u

Post by danimal3114u » Aug Tue 28, 2007 6:00 pm

nancynohorse wrote:
danimal3114u wrote:It would be worth it, if it was less expensive than it is. I've gone a couple of times, and really enjoyed myself, I just have a hard time arguing it's worth the $52 per person. It's really almost another full day at Disneyland, and I can't justify that cost. It truly is fun though.
$52 a person! :shock: Yikes! That's a lot for dinner!
You do get the paper crown and your picture with the Knight for free (I think, I'm not sure about the picture). There's some really cool stuff there and places to walk around and stuff as well. And the food (as I remember it) was pretty good. of course, eating with your hands was a blast, and not too messy :wink:

tmptnr

Post by tmptnr » Sep Sat 08, 2007 8:57 pm

I visited Midevil times in California near DisneyLand. It was ok. I would not go back again. It's one of those things "I think" you should do once