Firefly / Serenity or tell us the last good show you watched

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Feb Fri 09, 2007 6:27 pm

i'm going to have to agree with above said poster on Heroes. That show has me hooked, and I love how all of the characters are connected, which reminds me a lot of my other favorite show Lost. With Lost I just love how you never know where it is going to go next, like when it first started I tried to guess the next plot turn, but now I have just stopped because the show is just that good.
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

AlexLoup
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by AlexLoup » Feb Sun 11, 2007 5:30 am

I'm now into Doctor Who its just finding a channel that plays it.
I've gone full circle on my avatars.

broncoflyer8912
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by broncoflyer8912 » Feb Sun 11, 2007 7:54 am

AlexLoup wrote:I'm now into Doctor Who its just finding a channel that plays it.
I watched the first season of it starting back up with Christopher Eccleston on SciFi, I thought it was "Fantasic!!!" The new Doctor is pretty good too!
Sometimes the bluest part of the sky seems so far away from us, I guess thats what keeps us striving for it...
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8092/userbar517363if3.gif[/img][/url]

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Feb Sun 11, 2007 1:11 pm

I should read the off topic forum more often :)

Firefly/Serenity rule :)

As does Doctor Who. Speaking of who (no pun intended.. honest!) there should be a new series sometime soonish over here (UK) :)

I'm also currently into Prison Break and Lost, which are quite cool. :)

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Feb Tue 13, 2007 11:18 am

weluvmovies.com wrote:I didn't see the original run of Firefly, not until DVD, but I did see Serenity months before it's theatrical release at the '05 Comicon in San Diego. Joss Whedon is a genius. If anyone likes Firefly/Serenity, you must give Buffy the Vampire Slayer(TV, not movie) a try, along with the spin-off series Angel. They are hilarious and have the best characters I've seen in any TV series, in fact Buffy got me back into TV in general, previously I was a 100% DVD guy, didn't even have cable.
I completely agree. I was "forced" to sit down and watch buffy by my wife when i would come home from work, and landed up really getting into both it and Angel. In fact one of the theaters here in Austin, the Alamo Drafthouse, http://www.drafthouse.com very often does a "Once More With Feeling" musical sing-a-long. It's a blast. Firefly also was a very well written and fun show to watch. I have to say, even though the writing was still great, i was a bit underwhelmed with Serenity, but still enjoyed it very much.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Keokagal
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Keokagal » Apr Tue 10, 2007 4:03 pm

House, Bones, Lost, Rome, Sopranos, 10 Feet Under, The Office (haven't seen the Brit version).
We usually rent so are behind a season on all but House and Bones which we try to watch. Hate commercial TV.
Peace and Good Health,
Debbie

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Tue 10, 2007 5:19 pm

Lost is just about the only show on TV we make a point to sit down and watch every week. The writing is unbelievable, as are the plot twists and the overall quality of the series. I don't know how many more seasons this show will air, but I almost hope it ends quickly so all the questions, mysteries, and loose ends will be tied up!
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

Magique
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Magique » May Sun 13, 2007 5:02 pm

Heroes. Most definitely. It is the only series I have actually watched every single episode of.

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » May Mon 14, 2007 9:42 am

I think the only two shows that I feel I can't miss are "Lost" and "Heros". Both really good shows with lost of twists. The writers are amazing. I use to watch "GhostHunters" all the time too but it's too hard to figure out when it's on now. I was so addicted to that show. :hm_ghost: So my wife bought me season 2 on DVD. Need Season 3 and that problem will be solved!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 14, 2007 1:13 pm

Firefly was GREAT!! My current fav is Boston Legal. If you haven't seen it, you don't know what your missing!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » May Fri 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Blackie Pueblo wrote:I think the only two shows that I feel I can't miss are "Lost" and "Heros".
Agree. These are the only two shows on network TV that we have watched in a long time. Lost is starting to drag on a bit more than I would prefer (it doesn't seem like anything really advances), but I LOVE Heroes.

In fact, we don't watch much TV. The only other shows we watch are Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Oct Fri 24, 2008 8:16 am

We went to see Serenity in the movies and then bought the series Firefly, I was already a huge Buffy the vampire slayer fan and have all seven series on DVD. Joss Whedon is a genius and I can't wait to see his new series Dollhouse when it comes out in January.

I watched the first series of Heroes but seem to have got lost now.

Love House, Scrubs and Cold case, there may be a pattern emerging here, I think I may be addicted to American TV shows :shock:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Oct Fri 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Supernatural is my absolute favorite. Last night's episode was very funny.

I've been a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan since the first season (though I only liked it up to about season two), a Queer as Folk fan and Nip/Tuck. Now I'm starting to get into Desperate Housewives and The Tudors after watching some episodes online.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Fri 24, 2008 2:10 pm

I admit that when Firefly was first on TV, I gave up after the first episode. I just didn't get it. But then, when they started re-running them before the movie, I gave it another chance and really liked it.

Also, Battlestar Galactica has to be one of the BEST dramas on TV. Forget that it's sci-fi, that's just a bonus! I can't wait until January.

In the completely non-sci-fi vein, I have been a loyal viewer of The Shield since its first season. After a pretty lame 2007, the show is firing on all cylinders as it races toward the SERIES finale. It's awesome.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Oct Fri 24, 2008 3:09 pm

horizons1 wrote:I admit that when Firefly was first on TV, I gave up after the first episode. I just didn't get it. But then, when they started re-running them before the movie, I gave it another chance and really liked it.
Part of the problem there (that a lot of people also had) was that Fox decided the actual pilot/1st episode (called Serenity) wasn't 'catchy' enough to run first, so they ran a different one (called The Bank Job). On the dvd commentary, Joss Whedon talks about how they had to write The Bank Job over a weekend, and work in not only the usual hour-long plot they needed to do but also try to introduce the characters in snippets that were already fleshed-out in the pilot. Fox sank that show from the beginning. :?

... end bitter ranting. :wink:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]