Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Mon 15, 2006 10:48 am

hey, Lord of the Rings was 3 hours

mikesatregis
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mikesatregis » May Mon 15, 2006 10:59 am

That it was. One of my all time favorite's too. :)

Even as awesome as it is - it merits a "pause" to get up and walk around about 2 hr's in.

:)
Disney Rocks!

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Mon 15, 2006 3:31 pm

oh booo to you. I get so drawn in, I can watch the 3.5 hour expanded DVD's of LotR without even blinking.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Mon 15, 2006 6:34 pm

look at the first 2 movies. they had a few scenes/characters cut, but they stayed fairly fatithful to the books (as far as introduction of characters, locations, plot points, etc). in the last 2, there was so much that was left out. and you can;t say that the books HAVE to fit into 2 - 2 1/2 hours for the movies. when GoF first stated filming, they were talking about making it into 2 movies to be released (kinda like The Matrix). That would've run about 5 hours total. more than enough time to wrap everything in. But, they said they could do it in 1 release, not 2, about halfway through filming.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

mikesatregis

Post by mikesatregis » May Tue 16, 2006 8:40 am

Your right there - it would have done better spanning two movies. They could have delved into so much more of the book and given a much richer fuller story.

About the two hour "pause break" that has nothing to do with interest in the movie... I dont "want" to pause it - I guess my body doesn't like sitting still that long. "Pins and needles" and all that. ;)

I cant wait for the next book!!!!! I wish there was a "please rush" button we could press. :)
Disney Rocks!

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Tue 16, 2006 9:45 am

I hear that she doesn't even like writing the books. They were childrens' stories and now that she's made some money off the first few she is really annoyed with all the people begging her for more. So much so that I've heard some speculations that she is going to Kill Harry in his final year.

My guess is that Voldamort (Don't yell at me please) will try to kill Hermione. Harry will save her...killing him and himself.

mikesatregis

Post by mikesatregis » May Tue 16, 2006 10:16 am

I think Harry is going to die in the last book too!

Harry will end up being a Horcrux - get killed by Voldemort anyway - and Neville will end up killing Voldemort.

Total guess.
Disney Rocks!

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Tue 16, 2006 11:26 am

Neville...that would be awesome.

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Tue 16, 2006 12:39 pm

FlatlandMounty wrote:I hear that she doesn't even like writing the books. They were childrens' stories and now that she's made some money off the first few she is really annoyed with all the people begging her for more. So much so that I've heard some speculations that she is going to Kill Harry in his final year.

My guess is that Voldamort (Don't yell at me please) will try to kill Hermione. Harry will save her...killing him and himself.
http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en/ru ... .cfm?id=10

about the only thing she's said that she hates is writing about Quidditch as there's only so much that she can say that hasn;t been said in her previous books. if she hated HP, would she go through the trouble of making a (kinda) HP themed website (http://www.jkrowling.com/)? I think not. She said that she probably would write anything about HP after Book 7, as 7 is all she had planned to do when she first started. but, she never said she will kill off Harry....
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Tue 16, 2006 1:50 pm

Harry will end up being a Horcrux - get killed by Voldemort anyway - and Neville will end up killing Voldemort
Wow! I had a similar prediction that Harry will try and fail, but Neville will end up finishing off Voldemort in the end...small world :roll:

SpaceyMounty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by SpaceyMounty » May Sun 21, 2006 3:00 pm

I thought that Harry would be a Horcrux, but I dont like to think about it...... :cry:

James
Disneyland is the best!

mikesatregis

Post by mikesatregis » May Mon 22, 2006 8:08 am

Ya never know though - maybe that RAH (am I remembering those initials correctly?) will figure out a way to dispel Voldemorts spirit and HP will save the day yet again. JK Rowling has surprised us all in the past.

As an aside has anyone ever seen http://www.sugarquill.net/ ? There are some great fan fiction stories there. Quite a few are full length novels and are definately good enough to be published.
Disney Rocks!

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Mon 22, 2006 8:43 am

I don;t think that Harry is a Horcrux. If we take the description as word, then harry cannot be.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » May Tue 23, 2006 7:38 am

I actually saw an interview with JKR about a year ago and she said she wrote the last chapter of the last book several years ago.

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Tue 23, 2006 1:54 pm

WHAT'S SHE WAITING FOR THEN!? :shock:
:lol: