Training Runs

Get some props for a training run or race.. bask in the glory!!! You earned it!

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Training Runs

Post by NaCler » Mar Sat 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Either you are running/walking for daily exercise or training for an event you are signed up for. Go ahead and post your distance, times and whatever interesting tidbits you saw or experienced here. EVERY time you are active is a great accomplishment and we want to hear about it.

NaCler

Re: Training Runs

Post by NaCler » Mar Sat 01, 2014 5:08 pm

I ran 7 miles today in preparation for a 15k and a Half Marathon coming up in mid-March. I went a little slower as I was just focused on the distance as this is the farthest I have run since the Half in January. I ended with a 13:45/mile pace. I feel great and am pretty happy that the legs aren't killing me.

Anyone else out there run/walk today?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 01, 2014 5:17 pm

NaCler wrote:I ran 7 miles today in preparation for a 15k and a Half Marathon coming up in mid-March. I went a little slower as I was just focused on the distance as this is the farthest I have run since the Half in January. I ended with a 13:45/mile pace. I feel great and am pretty happy that the legs aren't killing me.

Anyone else out there run/walk today?
7 miles at a sub-14 minute pace sounds pretty good! I'm curious what you started out at when you first began. I'm half-eyeing a 5k in May in a nearby town, but I just don't know that I can run. Walk, yes, but run, no. It doesn't have the Disney allure either...I might hold out for my first 5k at Disney!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Mar Sat 01, 2014 5:34 pm

I would go ahead and do the local race Amy. The biggest drawback of the Disney races are the cost. The new Avengers 5k is listed at $70 which is crazy for a 5k. Your local one is probably about $30. I think you would like it, so give it a shot. A lot of people that do the 5k's are walkers since a lot of dedicated runners wouldn't "waste their time" on such short races. I love 5k's.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 01, 2014 9:12 pm

NaCler wrote:I would go ahead and do the local race Amy. The biggest drawback of the Disney races are the cost. The new Avengers 5k is listed at $70 which is crazy for a 5k. Your local one is probably about $30. I think you would like it, so give it a shot. A lot of people that do the 5k's are walkers since a lot of dedicated runners wouldn't "waste their time" on such short races. I love 5k's.
It's a fundraiser so it is a bit more expensive. I might feel out some friends and see if they might want to do it also. I wouldn't have the motivation by myself I'm afraid!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sun 02, 2014 6:28 pm

You and I should hook up with boiler babe and do one together in the northern half of Indiana sometime.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 02, 2014 8:52 pm

cy1229 wrote:You and I should hook up with boiler babe and do one together in the northern half of Indiana sometime.
That might work :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Mon 03, 2014 9:01 am

This morning, after a nearly 2-week hiatus, I got back on the treadmill again. 49:23, 2.02 miles, 280 calories (supposedly) average speed 2.45 miles per hour. Not breaking any speed records but it's a start. Uuuuuuggggggghhhh I can't wait until I don't hate it anymore.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Mon 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Cy: Definitely a start. I had been running on the treadmill and on the track at my school in an attempt to get into shape and maintain an active lifestyle as all I do is sit around and study. That was all halted with my ankle injury. 5 months later and I am finally getting back to where I have days with zero pain in the ankle. Before the injury I was doing 9 minute miles. Hoping to get back on my treadmill for some quick 15 minute study breaks this weekend as I endure another wave of the endless exams.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Mar Sun 16, 2014 2:25 pm

I am back :D

I ran 5k today. First training run since October when I hurt myself running the half. :(
No pain at all, now all I need to do is build up the mileage again.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:I am back :D

I ran 5k today. First training run since October when I hurt myself running the half. :(
No pain at all, now all I need to do is build up the mileage again.
Glad you are able to get back to it ~ hope the weather cooperates for you. I am thinking it will be another month or so before I can reliably walk outside each day, but I am aiming to do just that.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Sun 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Amy/cy, anytime you think you'd like to find a race, let me know! :D

I was doing good until our Largo trip, now I need to get my land legs back! I am going to head outdoors tomorrow, not supposed to be too cold. Before we left, I was doing 4 1/2 miles comfortably at a 9:00-9:15/pace. I hesitate to sign up for any races with the winter we've been having!

Good job everyone, keep it up!!! :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Mon 17, 2014 11:43 am

boilerbabe wrote:Amy/cy, anytime you think you'd like to find a race, let me know! :D
Well I seem to have done "something" to my ankle. :( Have a lump on the back of it, right above my heel, where flat shoes come across, either on top of or behind my Achilles' tendon. So it's off to a doc I go, and walking will have to wait as I have nearly zero flexibility and it gets painful and swollen as the day progresses. This stinks.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Mon 17, 2014 12:05 pm

cy1229 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Amy/cy, anytime you think you'd like to find a race, let me know! :D
Well I seem to have done "something" to my ankle. :( Have a lump on the back of it, right above my heel, where flat shoes come across, either on top of or behind my Achilles' tendon. So it's off to a doc I go, and walking will have to wait as I have nearly zero flexibility and it gets painful and swollen as the day progresses. This stinks.
Is it a heel spur?! Sorry to hear that! Let us know what the doc says.

I am heading outside as soon as I sign off here.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 17, 2014 8:42 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Is it a heel spur?! Sorry to hear that! Let us know what the doc says.

I am heading outside as soon as I sign off here.
:( Hope it is nothing serious cy1229. Maybe just some tendonitis?
Were you warm enough to run today b-babe? It was so pretty here with the sunshine today, but it was chilly!