Training Runs

Get some props for a training run or race.. bask in the glory!!! You earned it!

Moderator: Moderators

Martr152
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: Training Runs

Post by Martr152 » Nov Wed 22, 2017 12:21 am

Martr152 wrote:I enjoyed reading about your training, so much so that earlier this year I ran my first 5k, the runDisney Dark Side. I enjoyed it enough that I signed up to run the Disneyland 5k and Virtual Series over the summer to keep up the practice. It has been a fun experience.

To add to this, I also ended up doing the Food and Wine Fall feast 5k and several others around my home town of Kansas City. I have one more planned for 2017 to make an even 10 for the year. That will double the goal of 5 5ks I set for myself this year. Already looking forward to 12 next year!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 22, 2017 8:43 am

Martr152 wrote:
Martr152 wrote:I enjoyed reading about your training, so much so that earlier this year I ran my first 5k, the runDisney Dark Side. I enjoyed it enough that I signed up to run the Disneyland 5k and Virtual Series over the summer to keep up the practice. It has been a fun experience.

To add to this, I also ended up doing the Food and Wine Fall feast 5k and several others around my home town of Kansas City. I have one more planned for 2017 to make an even 10 for the year. That will double the goal of 5 5ks I set for myself this year. Already looking forward to 12 next year!
Wow ~ That's a lot of runnning! That's great that you enjoy it so much :D

Martr152
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Martr152 » Dec Wed 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Amy wrote:
Martr152 wrote:

Wow ~ That's a lot of runnning! That's great that you enjoy it so much :D

Actually the whole running thing started as a warning from my Dr. High Blood pressure which runs in my family was becoming more and more apparent. Since I am in my early 30s she wanted me to make some changes so for New Years I said I was going to run five 5ks. Being the Disney fanatic that I am I wanted to run the runDisney events so that my playing in the parks was my reward for completing my race. It was from there that I realized it was fun though I have no intentions of running anything more than a 5k, 8k or possibly 10k. I would like to be able to walk to and from my room and through the park :lol: