Run Disney question

Upcoming events and meet ups

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Run Disney question

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 06, 2014 11:41 am

I am copying this post to this thread... figured it worked well here, too.
Belle1082 wrote:
I couldn't find a good thread to ask this question - so I hope this works...

Anyone know of any ways you can possibly buy a registration number from someone for a Disney run? Someone who may have paid but then cannot do the run? Looking for numbers for the Enchanted 10K in February.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Run Disney question

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Mon 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Technically it's not allowed, in fact I think they specifically say you can't in all the materials, etc.
BUT...
I know it happens.
The problem now is that the person has to go to Packet Pickup and get it for you....they no longer allow "someone else" to pick it up.
This really puts a damper on it because both you and them have to go to the race weekend on a wing and a prayer that they:
-Will show up
-Not change their mind
-Get their bib
-Sell it to you

its a lot of if's and maybe's...I reckon that if you know the person it would make it that much easier. But a stranger? I dont know if i would chance it.
But it can be done and is done every race.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Run Disney question

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Tue 07, 2014 8:20 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Technically it's not allowed, in fact I think they specifically say you can't in all the materials, etc.
BUT...
I know it happens.
The problem now is that the person has to go to Packet Pickup and get it for you....they no longer allow "someone else" to pick it up.
This really puts a damper on it because both you and them have to go to the race weekend on a wing and a prayer that they:
-Will show up
-Not change their mind
-Get their bib
-Sell it to you

its a lot of if's and maybe's...I reckon that if you know the person it would make it that much easier. But a stranger? I dont know if i would chance it.
But it can be done and is done every race.
Well, shoot! I appreciate the info though. Makes it easier than running all over the internet trying to figure that out. What a bummer! Any idea if they ever open up more numbers? I'm guessing no. oh well -- thanks for the info. Maybe I can try for another run sooner than later!