2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Upcoming events and meet ups

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Post by NaCler » Aug Tue 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Hard to believe that this event is only about 19 days away. H, his wife and I are lucky enough to be participating in the Half Marathon this year in order to receive our Coast to Coast medals. Will anyone else be there?

Also, we may be wandering around the parks on the 30th and the 1st, so if you are around, please let us know. Yes, even you Wizzard.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 13, 2014 5:46 am

NaCler wrote:Hard to believe that this event is only about 19 days away. H, his wife and I are lucky enough to be participating in the Half Marathon this year in order to receive our Coast to Coast medals. Will anyone else be there?

Also, we may be wandering around the parks on the 30th and the 1st, so if you are around, please let us know. Yes, even you Wizzard.
Best of luck ~ I know you will simply fly around the course without the Florida heat and humidity you are used to running in at home! I hope you are able to meet up with some Cali Subbers....even Wizzard :lol:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Wed 13, 2014 1:39 pm

NaCler wrote:Hard to believe that this event is only about 19 days away. H, his wife and I are lucky enough to be participating in the Half Marathon this year in order to receive our Coast to Coast medals. Will anyone else be there?

What fun :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:
Good luck for the run.(not that you need it) and have a great time at the parks.

Tell me you are running in January and maybe we can finally meet up :D

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Thu 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Unfortunately sleepy, I am not signed up for any event in January. However, I may be able to appear down there that weekend for a meet up. There are a few races around here I want to try out in January.

Botts
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Botts » Aug Sat 23, 2014 6:46 pm

I'll be there too!! Hard to believe it's just 8 days away now!!

I arrive on Friday at 1900. Planning on doing Disneyland Saturday and after the race on Sunday, then a midnight flight from LAX to MCO for a week in Disney World!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Botts wrote:I'll be there too!! Hard to believe it's just 8 days away now!!

I arrive on Friday at 1900. Planning on doing Disneyland Saturday and after the race on Sunday, then a midnight flight from LAX to MCO for a week in Disney World!!
Nice! Good luck next Sunday!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Aug Mon 25, 2014 8:55 am

So are we ready to run? :D
last long run complete...can't forget to stop and get some more Gu...pack my running shoes--I'll need those...
One more short run this week to keep the legs moving and we are ready to fly on Thursday.
NaCler and I are even on the same second flight---how cool is that. We meet in Denver and fly in together from there.

You ready Bro?!!! Lets do this!!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 25, 2014 10:22 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:So are we ready to run? :D
last long run complete...can't forget to stop and get some more Gu...pack my running shoes--I'll need those...
One more short run this week to keep the legs moving and we are ready to fly on Thursday.
NaCler and I are even on the same second flight---how cool is that. We meet in Denver and fly in together from there.

So cool you will be able to make the last leg of the flight together! You have all put a lot of work into getting to this point so I hope you truly have a great race experience and have lots of fun in the parks! I'll be cheering you on in spirit and likely on facebook :lol:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Aug Mon 25, 2014 7:23 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:So are we ready to run? :D

Best of luck to all of you. Have a great trip, a fun run and safe travel. Tell us about it when you get back and post a pix of the coast to coast medal.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Tue 26, 2014 7:58 am

H, you know I'm ready for it mentality, just wish the physically would have caught up, but I'm ready either way. I didn't get my 10 mile long run in two weeks ago due to sickness, so I'm upset about that. But I did my final short training run this morning, so the next time I run will be in Disneyland!

Just checked the weather and it looks like the high is 88 and low is 66 with no rain!

I'm off tomorrow for final preparations and fly out Thursday morning. Can't wait to meet up in Denver and go the rest of the way with my bro and his awesome wife.

Plan now is Expo on Sat, run and DCA on Sunday, then DL all day Monday. Fly back Tuesday.

It should be an awesome trip. I plan on taking a camera and embarassing H by taking pictures of everything. Haha... There will definitely be a trip report or two from this one.

Thanks for the support everyone.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Tue 26, 2014 8:31 am

Best wishes for some PR's and safe, carefree running, followed by mouse magic!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 26, 2014 1:28 pm

What are you doing on Friday? Don't forget to get lots of sleep with the 3 hour time difference! Take lots, and lot, and lots of pictures!! And don't forget the selfies ;) H was really starting to like those I think :lol:
Please forgive my Dory-like tendencies, but I forget, is the whole NaCler clan going or just you and your lovely wife? I know the kids are already back in school so I couldn't remember if they were going too or not.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Tue 26, 2014 7:19 pm

Amy - NONE of the NaCler clan is going with me on this trip! It's a brothers trip (well... and H's wife). I offered to have my wife go with us but she is a teacher and thought it wouldn't be right leaving right after the school year started. Plus, she's not that big a Disney fan, so going to DL does nothing for her.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 26, 2014 8:17 pm

NaCler wrote:Amy - NONE of the NaCler clan is going with me on this trip! It's a brothers trip (well... and H's wife). I offered to have my wife go with us but she is a teacher and thought it wouldn't be right leaving right after the school year started. Plus, she's not that big a Disney fan, so going to DL does nothing for her.
Ah, sounds like fun ~ I can see where it might be difficult for a teacher to get away this early in the school year, although I can't imagine how anyone would not be excited about going to DL!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Wed 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:Amy - NONE of the NaCler clan is going with me on this trip! It's a brothers trip (well... and H's wife). I offered to have my wife go with us but she is a teacher and thought it wouldn't be right leaving right after the school year started. Plus, she's not that big a Disney fan, so going to DL does nothing for her.
Ah, sounds like fun ~ I can see where it might be difficult for a teacher to get away this early in the school year, although I can't imagine how anyone would not be excited about going to DL!
Let's play pretend for a minute... Pretend that a school is under no pressure from anyone to perform. Pretend that within that school, administrators don't mind if teachers miss days for a vacation, and pretend that teachers don't have to prepare mountains of work for their cherubs to do when they're gone, so they stay busy and don't get into mischief. Even when all of that is true, teachers don't like to miss because then their kids fall behind.

And since NONE of that is true... :)

I still don't understand how she wouldn't be that much of a Disney fan, though. I think I'd go. Heck, I know I'd go. When I was yet in the classroom, I probably wouldn't have worried about missing 2 days. A week would have been an entirely different story.

Not really sure what I was getting at. Where's the caffeine?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016