Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 27, 2014 2:07 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:Amy - NONE of the NaCler clan is going with me on this trip! It's a brothers trip (well... and H's wife). I offered to have my wife go with us but she is a teacher and thought it wouldn't be right leaving right after the school year started. Plus, she's not that big a Disney fan, so going to DL does nothing for her.
Ah, sounds like fun ~ I can see where it might be difficult for a teacher to get away this early in the school year, although I can't imagine how anyone would not be excited about going to DL!
Let's play pretend for a minute... Pretend that a school is under no pressure from anyone to perform. Pretend that within that school, administrators don't mind if teachers miss days for a vacation, and pretend that teachers don't have to prepare mountains of work for their cherubs to do when they're gone, so they stay busy and don't get into mischief. Even when all of that is true, teachers don't like to miss because then their kids fall behind.

And since NONE of that is true... :)

I still don't understand how she wouldn't be that much of a Disney fan, though. I think I'd go. Heck, I know I'd go. When I was yet in the classroom, I probably wouldn't have worried about missing 2 days. A week would have been an entirely different story.

Not really sure what I was getting at. Where's the caffeine?
Yes, all of that is true, but I do hope you know I wasn't implying she should feel free to up and leave because it was the beginning of the year. In fact, I would think that is one of the tougher times to be gone. I have filled in for some of the teachers around exam time and I always feel badly for the students because it isn't the same asking a substitute teacher for help before an exam, no matter how well prepared they may be or how good of instructions the full-time teacher has left. I'm the first one sticking up for teachers when the students start saying how Mrs. Soandso hates me, they never teach, etc, because I see how much those teachers care about their students...even the ones that make it very difficult to like them with their actions sometimes!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Wed 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Nope, didn't take it that way at all. :) I know you a little better than that, Amy. :)

Taking time off of a teaching job is much different than taking time off of any other job. I was just reaffirming NaCler's wife's decision to sit this trip out.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 27, 2014 3:42 pm

She thought it would be poor practice to go on vacation right after having the last 3 months off. My problem with it is that she didn't even ask the principal if it would be okay or not. At least ask... but that's her choice and her career.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 27, 2014 7:45 pm

cy1229 wrote:Nope, didn't take it that way at all. :) I know you a little better than that, Amy. :)

Taking time off of a teaching job is much different than taking time off of any other job. I was just reaffirming NaCler's wife's decision to sit this trip out.
Ok, that's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure!
NaCler wrote:She thought it would be poor practice to go on vacation right after having the last 3 months off. My problem with it is that she didn't even ask the principal if it would be okay or not. At least ask... but that's her choice and her career.
Yeah, I think she probably would have at least asked if she had more interested in Disney. In any case....
Safe travels and have an awesome time and remember to look around during your 13.1 miles!! :D

Botts
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Botts » Aug Sat 30, 2014 10:14 am

Did anyone run the 10k this morning?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Botts wrote:Did anyone run the 10k this morning?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!
I know from Facebook that someone ran the 5k and 10k...but I kind of wondered if that person was you Botts. Not so? You run the 1/2 tomorrow same as NaCler and wewantsdaredhead right?

Botts
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Botts » Aug Sun 31, 2014 12:24 am

Nope, not me. I was only able to register for the half-marathon.

I'll be running it with NaCler and wewantsdaredhead! I haven't met either of them yet, but wish them well! Bed time for me though as 0400 will come early!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 31, 2014 10:09 am

Botts wrote:Nope, not me. I was only able to register for the half-marathon.

I'll be running it with NaCler and wewantsdaredhead! I haven't met either of them yet, but wish them well! Bed time for me though as 0400 will come early!
Hmm, maybe you will meet her tomorrow then ~ good luck to you all! :D
P.S. You'll love NaCler and wewantsdaredhead (and Mary too) ~ great folks!

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Sun 31, 2014 1:04 pm

By now it will all be over and everyone will be enjoying some down time in the parks.

Don't forget to post pics of the medals and enjoy a cold one or two. (Wait it is H and Nacler so maybe that should be five) Have fun tomorrow :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 31, 2014 1:48 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:By now it will all be over and everyone will be enjoying some down time in the parks.

Don't forget to post pics of the medals and enjoy a cold one or two. (Wait it is H and Nacler so maybe that should be five) Have fun tomorrow :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
Pssst, there are a few pictures on NaCler's Facebook page :D No picture of the bling yet, I wonder if they are going to make us wait until the TR for that one?

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Sep Thu 04, 2014 6:38 am

OK we are back (and back to work--boooooo!)
So, here are the pics of the medals:
This is the C2C medal up close. It might be hard to see but there are little stars at both WDW and DLR.

And here is the DL Half medal--love it!

Here they both are:

...And here is all of my bling :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 04, 2014 8:16 am

Wow ~ you have quite an impressive collection already! Love both the medals from DL :goofy_bounce:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Sep Thu 04, 2014 11:38 am

Congrats on the DL half and the C2C Challenge! Thank you for the pixs of the bling. They are a nice addition to an already impressive collection.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Sep Thu 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Amy wrote:Wow ~ you have quite an impressive collection already! Love both the medals from DL :goofy_bounce:
Thanks Amy! Yes that collection is getting quite extensive and considering how many of them are RunDisney--quite exPENsive as well... :lol: :lol:
cccmouse wrote:Congrats on the DL half and the C2C Challenge! Thank you for the pixs of the bling. They are a nice addition to an already impressive collection.
Thanks man---I look forward to Goofy. Decided against Dopey--then everything closed, so we went for Goofy--10 Year!
It looks like you are running the full? See you out there!! I'll be eating your dust lol

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Fri 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Love the new medals. I don't know why but I am drawn more to the disneyland one :shock:

That is quite a collection you have and more to come in January, Looking forward to maybe seeing some of the subbers then :ccat: :ccat: :ccat: :ccat: