Upcoming events and meet ups

Moderator: Moderators

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: 2014 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Post by cccmouse » Sep Fri 05, 2014 2:51 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:
Amy wrote:Wow ~ you have quite an impressive collection already! Love both the medals from DL :goofy_bounce:
Thanks Amy! Yes that collection is getting quite extensive and considering how many of them are RunDisney--quite exPENsive as well... :lol: :lol:
cccmouse wrote:Congrats on the DL half and the C2C Challenge! Thank you for the pixs of the bling. They are a nice addition to an already impressive collection.
Thanks man---I look forward to Goofy. Decided against Dopey--then everything closed, so we went for Goofy--10 Year!
It looks like you are running the full? See you out there!! I'll be eating your dust lol
DUDE!! I signed up for the Goofy too. My plan was to sign up for the 10k and the half, but the half was already full so I signed up for the 10k and the full back in April but apparently I had too much time to think about it so about 3 weeks ago I registered for the Goofy and had my registration fee for the full applied to the Goofy.
Apparently running a marathon is like child birth (not that I know from experience). When you are doing it you tell yourself "if I just get through this I will never do it again", but as time goes by, you start to forget the pain and before you know it you are signed up and ready to go again.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Sat 06, 2014 5:27 am

cccmouse wrote:DUDE!! I signed up for the Goofy too. My plan was to sign up for the 10k and the half, but the half was already full so I signed up for the 10k and the full back in April but apparently I had too much time to think about it so about 3 weeks ago I registered for the Goofy and had my registration fee for the full applied to the Goofy.
Apparently running a marathon is like child birth (not that I know from experience). When you are doing it you tell yourself "if I just get through this I will never do it again", but as time goes by, you start to forget the pain and before you know it you are signed up and ready to go again.
WAIT now your doing the 10k and the goofy, that means your only short the 5k for the dopey :?

Joe says we are going to run another one and a half miles to make it the full fifty and call it the DUMBO :lol:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Sep Sat 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
cccmouse wrote:DUDE!! I signed up for the Goofy too. My plan was to sign up for the 10k and the half, but the half was already full so I signed up for the 10k and the full back in April but apparently I had too much time to think about it so about 3 weeks ago I registered for the Goofy and had my registration fee for the full applied to the Goofy.
WAIT now your doing the 10k and the goofy, that means your only short the 5k for the dopey :?

Joe says we are going to run another one and a half miles to make it the full fifty and call it the DUMBO :lol:
My wife already thinks that I am DUMBO for running the 3 events that I am signed up for. I just really didn't have any desire to do the 5k again. I already have one Dopey medal so I don't feel the need for another, plus it just is not worth the effort to get up so early, wait for the bus, ride the bus and wait for the start just to try to work your way through all the families, kids and walkers that come out for the 5k.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Sep Sat 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Some how some way we all need to meet up before one of these races!! Which one is best? Half?

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Sun 14, 2014 10:50 am

Sounds good to me. :D

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Sep Mon 15, 2014 8:40 am

Some random pics from the weekend...(If some of them are sideways--its because Photobucket takes forever to straigten them up. Soon they will be right :D)

Here's how the trip started. We were waiting on Mary...

I took a few pictures at the Grand Californian. Mary and I stopped in there for a beer.

IASW! I like DLR's version better.

Me!

The line for Soarin` was crazy short. That was something I was not used to.

Same for Muppets--i think there were about 25 people in the theater when we watched Muppet Labs get 'sucked up.'

The Cars attraction was awesome. Loved it!

NaCler and I stopped for a beer and I couldn't resist taking a picture of the goods.

Some race pics---here we are after its all over:

Out on the streets of Anaheim:

Running in Angel's Stadium was one of the highlights. It gave NaCler a nice boost to the finish.

Matterhorn selfie!

It's still early at this point--he's still smiling lol

Brothers in CA! The things we do for a Disney trip...

Just had to take this one for Amy. Check out the last item on the menu---lol.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 15, 2014 8:46 am

Great photos! And photobucket must have been behaving because they were all turned the right side up. It did something awful to the last photo though, the one you took for me. I'm sure that should have been a photo of the Haunted Mansion or Mickey Mouse or something but all I see is horrible stinky sauerkraut :shock: ;)
That is so cool y'all were able to go do that together. Looking forward to a more detailed TR in the TR planning thread?! :D

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Sep Sat 20, 2014 1:45 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Some how some way we all need to meet up before one of these races!! Which one is best? Half?
The half sounds good to me. Just pick the time and place.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Sat 20, 2014 7:41 pm

And a couple of my pics...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Nice photos! I love how happy Paradise Pier looks in California Adventure ~ Mickey's Funwheel is so cute :D
I like the photo of you in front of the teeny tiny DL castle. Is that after the race? I like the shirt. Have the colors grown on you since you worked so hard to earn it?
Is that Snow White's Adventures?
Great photo from the plane! :D