Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Fri 16, 2015 12:28 pm

So its all over and I am back home.
It wasn't easy, but we all finished. :)

I am feverishly working on my TR. (yes, Amy, with pics... ;) )

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 16, 2015 9:24 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:So its all over and I am back home.
It wasn't easy, but we all finished. :)

I am feverishly working on my TR. (yes, Amy, with pics... ;) )
Yay! I always love reading your TR and seeing your photos. How curious I am to see what the beer count was this trip ;)
Such a good role model you are to those who are a bit behind in their TRs... :oops:

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Jan Fri 23, 2015 9:11 am

Back from Anaheim and the Star Wars races and have caught up enough on work to sign in here. I was sorry to not make the quick meet-up before the Marathon - did it happen? How was everyone's race experience?

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Sat 24, 2015 6:51 pm

zhoover wrote:Back from Anaheim and the Star Wars races and have caught up enough on work to sign in here. I was sorry to not make the quick meet-up before the Marathon - did it happen? How was everyone's race experience?
It did happen. :) I am glad it's all over I will say that!
Working on my tr as we speak.

How did you do??

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jan Wed 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Very happy with my times in all four races (Goofy and Rebel Challenges), but mostly just thrilled to finish them. Messed up my knee a little bit during the marathon and was temporarily worried I wouldn't be able to do the Anaheim races, but everything worked out. I've you've never done one of the West Coast races, I really recommend it. The 10K courses are especially fun, as they’re almost entirely through the two parks!

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jan Wed 28, 2015 2:24 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Working on my tr as we speak.
Excited to check it out! I'm going through a bit of withdrawal after 10 days in the Disney bubble. I put up some photos from my races/trip on Instagram - http://instagram.com/zhoover/

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Wed 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Awesome pics zhoover. I think most people on here are jealous of those Star Wars medals.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Thu 29, 2015 9:02 am

I cant see anything---I guess I have to get out of the Stone Age and get on Instagram.... :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 29, 2015 9:08 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:I cant see anything---I guess I have to get out of the Stone Age and get on Instagram.... :lol:
I'm not on instagram and it worked when I clicked on the link...maybe it isn't mobile friendly? (If you are on your mobile that is ;) )
I agree with NaCler, those medals look pretty neat! Congrats zhoover!

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jan Thu 29, 2015 9:40 am

NaCler wrote:I think most people on here are jealous of those Star Wars medals.
I grew up with Star Wars and have accumulated a lot of cool 'Wars gear over the years, but the half-marathon medal might be my favorite of it all! When they announced the race weekend I was *sure* they'd base one of the medals on the medal from the end of the original movie - so cool to finally get my hands on it.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Thu 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Yeah, I was really bummed that they announced that Star Wars would be running in DL, especially after signing up and planning to run in the DL Half in August. When there were rumors of a SW race, I thought for sure WDW would get it since DL just got the Avengers Half.

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jan Fri 30, 2015 2:46 pm

NaCler wrote:I thought for sure WDW would get it since DL just got the Avengers Half.
That's what I thought, too, and I thought they'd make a special coast-to-coast medal for runners who complete both the Star Wars and Avengers races, like they've done with the Princess and Tinkerbell races. Maybe the Star Wars race will come east after the (rumored...) Star Wars expansion is completed? There certainly seems like room for another couple of events at Walt Disney World, especially with the Tower of Terror 10mi. taking at least a year off.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Mar Mon 02, 2015 3:46 pm

I am offically DOPEY.

Yes I made it through to the bitter end and had so much fun in the process. We stayed on British time so getting up early was actually a lie in for us.
Man alive was it cold the morning of the 5k. Some of the guys that were in costume must have been frozen.
The morning of the meet up we had trouble with the buses and were late getting to the staging area so had to go straight to the start corrals. I was really unhappy not to get to meet anyone especially wewantstheredhead.
Three out of the four days I crossed the line within a couple of paces of SANTA. He was from Maryland had a really bushy white beard and was a really jolly chap, we traded places through the marathon but he beat me to the line that day.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:I am offically DOPEY.

Yes I made it through to the bitter end and had so much fun in the process. We stayed on British time so getting up early was actually a lie in for us.
Man alive was it cold the morning of the 5k. Some of the guys that were in costume must have been frozen.
The morning of the meet up we had trouble with the buses and were late getting to the staging area so had to go straight to the start corrals. I was really unhappy not to get to meet anyone especially wewantstheredhead.
Three out of the four days I crossed the line within a couple of paces of SANTA. He was from Maryland had a really bushy white beard and was a really jolly chap, we traded places through the marathon but he beat me to the line that day.
Congratulations on becoming Dopey ~ that is a great achievement! Sorry you didn't get to meet up with people though :(

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Tue 03, 2015 1:11 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:I am offically DOPEY.
This is the only place where being Dopey is a good thing. :)

Congrats on finishing your run. Too bad you missed everyone else, though. I hate it when stuff like that happens.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016