Wine & Dine 2014

Upcoming events and meet ups

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Wine & Dine 2014

Post by NaCler » Mar Tue 04, 2014 7:15 am

If you are planning on doing the WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon or the Jingle Jungle 5k, please be ready to register today as these events sell out pretty quickly. Cost is $185 for the Half and $55 for the 5k. Registration opens at noon EST. If you have any questions about the route or anything, just post them here as we have several Subbers that have run the races and can help out.

Zillerzap
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Re: Wine & Dine 2014

Post by Zillerzap » May Tue 20, 2014 1:46 pm

I am running my first 1/2 and it happens to be this one. I have done the 5k's here before but not the 1/2. I understand there were 12 corrals last year. Does anyone know or rememeber what the pace cut offs for each corral were? As I train and begin to post my times I'm trying to gauge in what corral I will start so I can shoot for a specific time to post for corral placement.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Sun 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Someone on FB mentioned that corral assignments were out. He did you fare zillerzap?

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Oct Thu 16, 2014 10:58 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Someone on FB mentioned that corral assignments were out. He did you fare zillerzap?
I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I'm in C. It's my first W&D 1/2 - looks like a great course!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Thu 16, 2014 12:49 pm

zhoover wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Someone on FB mentioned that corral assignments were out. He did you fare zillerzap?
I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I'm in C. It's my first W&D 1/2 - looks like a great course!
Its a nice course--it gets a little thin on spectators at some points, probably because of start time ??? But running through the Osborne Lights is all worth it! When we ran through there last timeits like a "wow" moment.

Enjoy!!!

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Oct Fri 17, 2014 9:22 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Its a nice course--it gets a little thin on spectators at some points, probably because of start time ??? But running through the Osborne Lights is all worth it! When we ran through there last timeits like a "wow" moment.

Enjoy!!!
I'm running by myself, but I'm meeting up with friends and family for the after-party. Any tips for getting the most out of it (the after-party, that is)?

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Sat 18, 2014 7:05 am

zhoover wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Its a nice course--it gets a little thin on spectators at some points, probably because of start time ??? But running through the Osborne Lights is all worth it! When we ran through there last timeits like a "wow" moment.

Enjoy!!!
I'm running by myself, but I'm meeting up with friends and family for the after-party. Any tips for getting the most out of it (the after-party, that is)?
We went right on Soarin and there was no one there. Then we ventured around WS for one lap (and beer). Not much of a partier lol so I don't have any tips I guess. After the last runner crosses it really frees up the FW part. That was my only complaint...trying to get the the WS.
I did a TR in that forum if you want to read about the run etc.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Sat 18, 2014 7:09 am

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9361

Here it is if you get bored and need to kill 15 mins. Lol
:lol:

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Oct Mon 20, 2014 11:10 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote: Here it is if you get bored and need to kill 15 mins. Lol
Thanks - that was helpful! My wife and I have a 9 month old son (our first, who will be looked after by his grandmother the right of the 1/2 Marathon), and based on our sleep patterns since becoming parents I don't know how I'm going to stay up until the race starts, let alone make it through the after party.

There must be some adrenaline left in my body somewhere. Maybe the promise of a wait-free ride on Soarin' and whatever boozey goodness is being served up at the Scotland kiosk will lure it out...

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Mon 20, 2014 7:29 pm

zhoover wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote: Here it is if you get bored and need to kill 15 mins. Lol
There must be some adrenaline left in my body somewhere. Maybe the promise of a wait-free ride on Soarin' and whatever boozey goodness is being served up at the Scotland kiosk will lure it out...
Now that's the spirit! I like you already. :)
Best of luck. And yes the line free Soarin is well worth it! We could have just gone right back on, but we had other things to do (beer) and see and eat...
:)

Have a great race!!!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Wed 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Sooooooo close!
You ready? Getting the jitters yet?

I always get those "what will I forget" nervous waves of anxiety. :)

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Oct Thu 30, 2014 9:13 am

Feeling good about the distance, but still not sure what my body will make of the late night start. How about yourself?

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Thu 30, 2014 11:54 am

zhoover wrote:Feeling good about the distance, but still not sure what my body will make of the late night start. How about yourself?
That was the weirdest part for me! Thats probably the reason I wont do it again.
You'll be fine--just dont overdo it through out the day.

I am good to go!
Local Half this weekend--using it for training for Goofy :)

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Oct Thu 30, 2014 2:12 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:using it for training for Goofy :)
I'm doing Goofy this year, too, then the following weekend's Star Wars races in So.Cal. Ought to be interesting/painful!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Fri 31, 2014 1:01 pm

zhoover wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:using it for training for Goofy :)
I'm doing Goofy this year, too, then the following weekend's Star Wars races in So.Cal. Ought to be interesting/painful!
Oh my goodness! You really ARE Goofy! lol