just a quick note

Look here for Announcements by the admins

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

just a quick note

Post by js3901 » Aug Sun 13, 2006 10:30 pm

Lately, I've noticed alot of people posting multiple times in one thread, one post right after the other(s). Mainly, I've seen this happen for 3 reasons:

1) someone forgot to say something in the post they just made, but they wanted to add that little bit to the conversation

2) someone posted something, didn't realize it actually posted, and they pressed the "back" button to amend the post.

3) someone posted something in response to one other post in the same thread, the second post is in response to another post in same said thread

Now, while I know that most of the time this is not intentional, I see this far too frequently to consider it ALL accidental. Now, I'm not here to point fingers or anything, and please don't just PM me saying I'm being a meanie or anything. But, I just wanted to let everyone know of a little feature you can use to fix these mistakes in the future (should you find yourself making them)

When you post, you will see a little toolbar at the top before what you typed. Up there, there should be at least 2 buttons: Image and Image. If you forgot to say something, instead of just adding another post, just edit your last post with what you wanted to say. This will help to save people from over-posting and abusing the points system.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Aug Tue 15, 2006 10:05 am

I fully support this concept. Use the features as they are intended :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

js3901

Post by js3901 » Oct Sat 28, 2006 9:46 pm

just a quick reminder that this announcement is still in effect. I've noticed an increase lately of instances where people are making multiple posts in the same thread one right after the other(s). Please use the features that are available for you. If you've noticed your posts changing a bit lately, it is because I have been amending them and deleting the duplicates. This should not continue. If I see any particular user that continues to posts multiples like this, I will be PMing you to discuss the situation.

thank you for your consideration in this matter.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » Feb Thu 22, 2007 5:29 pm

ok, people are starting to do this again. I've been trying to clean up the double posts for the past few months, because they have been fairly infrequent. But, there has been an increase over the past few weeks. As this becomes an issue when it comes to abuse of the points system, we would like this to end. Please, as Subsonic has said, use the features as they are intended. You CAN go back and edit your posts, adding things in or taking things out. If you're not happy with how a post sounds, you can delete it. Also, if you use the "Quick Reply" section at the bottom, you can actually quote people right from there. If you need help with using the feature, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Thu 03, 2007 10:19 pm

To all users, both new people, and those who have been here a while:

This rule is still in effect. I understand some of our newer users may not have read this thread. I also understand that some of our tenured users who may have left the site, then returned may have forgotten.

In any case, just a reminder to use the features of the site as they are intended. Please do not double post if you simply forgot to add something. I've personally been cleaning up your posts to avoid this. But, lately it's picked up again and I just can't keep up with it. Also, it can be considered an abuse of the points system, and you gain points for every post you make.

Bottom line, please stop double posting.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

js3901

Post by js3901 » Jul Sun 29, 2007 7:30 pm

ok, people. We have a ton of new(er) users who are posting (so much so that it's hard to read through every post that is entered every day). Seeing upwards of 300 new posts every day is great, knowing that the community we've built is growing by leaps and bounds. It's wonderful that we have so many devoted Disney fans ready to give their opinions on various issues.

But, it has lately come to my attention that the double posting is happening again, some of it is tenured users. Double posting is considered an abuse of the points system, and clog up the forums. Plus use the "Edit" button if you wish to correct a mistake or add something you forgot. This also works if you wish to "quote" someone else, or more than 1 person within the same post.

I know I, for one, cannot keep up with all the posts on a daily basis, as well as keep an eye out for spam threads/users. We ask to please stop the double posting. Those who do not comply will be contacted individually, with actions being taken if it continues.

We at Subsonic Radio would like to thank each and every one one of you who participates in the forums, and hope that the site continues to grow and be a pleasure to everyone.
Last edited by js3901 on Jul Tue 31, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Mon 30, 2007 10:12 am

We have been lenient with this, but to keep our forums clean it might become necessary to handle these situations with more discipline. Don't get lazy people! Keep our forums easy to read and a great place for content. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z