Sirius Radio

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

marje97a
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Sirius Radio

Post by marje97a » Jun Thu 23, 2005 12:32 pm

Is there any chance that this could be made available on Sirius or XM radio? Just to be able to listen on long trips in the car would be wonderful. Especially if the trip is to or from a disney vacation.

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » Jun Thu 23, 2005 12:46 pm

I think due to the fact that most of these songs are ones downloaded from where I'm not sure it would be really hard to get either company to pick up the station ( royalties and all ) It would be great to here this every where you go if you pick up a newer phone you are able to listen to it I know sprint offers phones with unlimited internet and 30 bucks for the software and your able to listen to SR anywhere there is coverage.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jun Thu 23, 2005 12:46 pm

this topic has come up many times before. While it's a great idea, I think the logistics of putting this on satellite radio would be way too much (both in time and money). Subsonic has said that this site is his hobby, and not much more than that. as he does have a life outside of the site, he doesn't spend as much time here (as he is constantly saying) so I don't see this coming to fruition any time really soon.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Fri 24, 2005 11:11 am

I wouldn't know where to begin on that. Plus, I'm sure it would cost a bundle. I don't make any money on this. In fact, because I pay for the DSL, I lose money. It's insubstantial though.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Subsonic in your car

Post by Fantasrick » Jun Fri 24, 2005 12:09 pm

It is possible to hear Subsonic Radio in your car if properly equipped with a laptop with a wireless device that you can get the internet on and a device that will allow you to use your computer with a radio transmitting device that allows you to use your computer's sound system through your car's am/fm radio.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Mon 27, 2005 10:47 am

haha, that's a lot of steps :)
I thought it was pretty cool someone was listening on his laptop at the hotels and parks.

eagle4life69

Post by eagle4life69 » Jun Mon 27, 2005 10:50 am

or the cell phone. Being able to listen on a web phone. I have it set-up with my phone and I have a plug that converts the cellphone jack to head phone jack make listening even better

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jun Mon 27, 2005 11:34 am

yeah, that's really cool as well. :)

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Clever

Post by Fantasrick » Jun Tue 28, 2005 12:14 pm

Those are some very clever ideas.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jun Wed 29, 2005 12:11 pm

I've been looking for a data cable for my Nokia 6800 that will somehow allow me to link it to my iPaq PDA... if I can hook those up in a manner that lets the iPaq treat the 6800 like a GPRS modem, I then have a small FM transmitter that I can plug in to the headphone jack on the iPaq... since the iPaq's Windows Mobile OS runs a basically-indentical-to-XP version of WMP9, it should be easy to play the stream in my car anywhere my cell phone can retain service...

And on T-Mobile, I get unlimited minutes Fri-Sun... would def use it then...

All a work in progress, of course...
~Steve

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jun Wed 29, 2005 5:52 pm

I listen regularly on my treo 650 phone with pocket tunes. Ever since I tried it out in the parks, I have been tuning in when I am stuck somewhere and have my phone with me (ie. all of the time).
-Club33Hopeful

Manncab

Post by Manncab » Jul Thu 28, 2005 5:16 pm

if any of you guys ever been to disneyquest at downtown disney they have a cyber cafe on the 5th floor with computers with speekers i have logged on to this server and listened to the music there, all i can say is those castmembers give me the best smile and giggle. and others sitting near by :lol:

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Jul Thu 28, 2005 9:57 pm

I always, ALwAYS, love hearing stories of how to get SR playing in public or other in creative ways.

GoofyInOhio
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by GoofyInOhio » Jul Fri 29, 2005 12:54 pm

I would love to have this on XM. I have one I use at work and it really gets me through the day. Disney music provided by Subsonic would be phenomenal.

I know it probably can't happen, but as they say A wish can come true! 8)

tinkerica
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by tinkerica » Aug Mon 29, 2005 9:33 pm

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear this in my car or on some type of portable player. I think it would be so awesome. I have already listened to SR in my Beach Club Villas room... It made the time getting ready for the day very enjoyable! I am loving this radio, especially since we are able to make requests, unlike other Disney internet radios I listen to as well. :mrgreen: