Hotel Hightower

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Hotel Hightower

Post by IMFearless » Feb Wed 23, 2011 11:54 pm

See title. I'm quite sure this has a totally different soundtrack to the Hollywood Tower Hotel versions. Anyone have some of this music?
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Hotel Hightower

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Given how much TDL loves to release CD's over there, I've surprised they've haven't done a CD yet of this attraction.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Thu 24, 2011 2:43 pm

I uploaded a track from the lobby, but there haven't been any full releases yet from their ToT. They went with all original orchestral work rather than the period stuff that the other towers use.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Which surprises me even further that they haven't done a CD, considering they released one entire CD just for Mermaid Lagoon and it's music.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Fri 25, 2011 12:52 am

I would say I wish Disney Parks elsewhere released as many CDs as Tokyo does but they do so many rehashes that you have to always check the tracklists carefully.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 25, 2011 7:40 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I would say I wish Disney Parks elsewhere released as many CDs as Tokyo does but they do so many rehashes that you have to always check the tracklists carefully.
Even the WDW CD's are mostly the same songs with a few new ones sprinkled in here and there. Doesn't stop me from buying them though :roll:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 25, 2011 10:06 am

True, TDL does a lot of rehashes, but of all the parks it releases more of its music than the parks here in the USA. Far more of the instrumental background music gets put on a CD over there while here in the USA the only music that gets released (90% of the time) are songs.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Fri 25, 2011 11:58 am

There is one odd spot for TDS, Port Discovery. They got a little lazy and used Epcot and Atlantis: The Lost Emprie (and I forgot what else) to make their instrumental area music loop. I think I uploaded it here, will have to check the folder later.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 25, 2011 1:16 pm

I don't mind the recycling (they do it all the time at WDW and at DLP). I just wish more of the loop's music could make it to CD over here like it does at TDL.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 26, 2011 1:04 am

It's very funny for Port Discovery, first you hear a track from Atlantis, then "Did they start Illuminations somewhere nearby?" and then "Did I just walk into the living seas?".

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 26, 2011 9:38 am

Wizzard419 wrote:It's very funny for Port Discovery, first you hear a track from Atlantis, then "Did they start Illuminations somewhere nearby?" and then "Did I just walk into the living seas?".
I remembered how weird it was to hear an instrumental versions of EPCOT's AA's "Golden Dream" being played one time once at DLR's Tomorrowland.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 26, 2011 2:29 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:It's very funny for Port Discovery, first you hear a track from Atlantis, then "Did they start Illuminations somewhere nearby?" and then "Did I just walk into the living seas?".
I remembered how weird it was to hear an instrumental versions of EPCOT's AA's "Golden Dream" being played one time once at DLR's Tomorrowland.
Golden Dream is/was used in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln as well.

The... oddest choice (I guess that is the best way to describe it) for area music would have to be the dining room on the SS Columbia at TDS, it plays the music that was played on the Titanic the night it sank.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
The... oddest choice (I guess that is the best way to describe it) for area music would have to be the dining room on the SS Columbia at TDS, it plays the music that was played on the Titanic the night it sank.
Really? The Titanic music? That sounds like the Japanese sense of humor :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
They did steal a bit from EPCOT's AA from Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, including the "Two Brothers" sequence. The "Golden Dream" version I heard at DLR Tomorrowland was the version that used to be in the loop around SSE at EPCOT.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 26, 2011 10:38 pm

We stole more, we now have those statues of american virtue or whatever. :D

The western world + japan has an unhealthy obsession with the Titanic. Aside from the movies, museums, etc. there are places that serve the same meal that was served to first class passengers on the anniversary.