nightmore before christmas

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

robertcj
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

nightmore before christmas

Post by robertcj » Jan Sat 22, 2011 2:13 pm

so last night i heard a nightmare before christmas theme and it was really cool i was just wondering if someone could tell me what it was :ccat:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: nightmore before christmas

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Here on Subsonic? Could be the Haunted Mansion Holiday from DLR.

robertcj

Post by robertcj » Jan Sat 22, 2011 9:43 pm

i dont know it was really cool it started out with like "let me tell you of a story when two storie collide"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 22, 2011 10:32 pm

That's the foyer from Haunted Manion Holiday.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Wiz is correct; that's from the Ghost Host narration in the foyer of the Haunted Mansion Holiday. "I know you're curious to see what's inside; it's what happens when two holidays collide!"

My avatar is one of the changing portraits from the holiday overlay.

robertcj

Post by robertcj » Jan Sat 22, 2011 11:31 pm

awww rats i dont have enough points for it :(

yeah which by the way i love your avatar...i havent quit figured out how to change mine :/

anyyyy how THANKKKKKK YOUUUUUU!!! for finding out for me what song it was ive been going crazy trying to find it thank you!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 22, 2011 11:52 pm

robertcj wrote:awww rats i dont have enough points for it :(

yeah which by the way i love your avatar...i havent quit figured out how to change mine :/

anyyyy how THANKKKKKK YOUUUUUU!!! for finding out for me what song it was ive been going crazy trying to find it thank you!!!
Let there be a HMH night on the request line! I love the HMH! :D

robertcj

Post by robertcj » Jan Sun 23, 2011 12:27 am

aww pooo i wont be able to hear them but im sleepy...plus that one person keeps play the hour long songs..i'll try on my point tomorrow to see if i can make something like that happen tomorrow while im working on my lesson plans

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 23, 2011 12:53 am

robertcj wrote:aww pooo i wont be able to hear them but im sleepy...plus that one person keeps play the hour long songs..i'll try on my point tomorrow to see if i can make something like that happen tomorrow while im working on my lesson plans
If you don't have the points and i'm on-line, send me a PM and I can request any large track for you.

robertcj

Post by robertcj » Jan Sun 23, 2011 1:41 am

oh well thank you!!! and yes you made my night!!!! i heard the one i was looking for!!!!! its the one where they do the WHOLE ride its my fav!!!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 23, 2011 10:40 am

It seems we have another Haunted Mansion Holiday (HMH) fan here! Ah, our numbers are slowly growing... :mrgreen: :jack:

robertcj

Post by robertcj » Jan Sun 23, 2011 6:48 pm

haha yeah....now heres what i dont understand....i heard the song/ride...lol today and i wanted to request it but it tells me that i cant till wednesday but ive heard to 3 days in a row why not all the sudden?

btw did you ever go on the ride?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

robertcj wrote:haha yeah....now heres what i dont understand....i heard the song/ride...lol today and i wanted to request it but it tells me that i cant till wednesday but ive heard to 3 days in a row why not all the sudden?

Once a particular track has played you have to wait mandatory period before it can be requested again in order to prevent that particular track from being over played. If you could keep requesting it over and over, everyone would be requesting the 72 minute Expedition Everest Queue Loop all the time and that would just be annoying.

The Haunted Mansion Holiday (HMH) is a "holiday overlay", which is a decorative layer that is installed over the existing Haunted Mansion Holiday. A similiar thing is done to It's A Small World as well. The HM is closed for about 2-3 weeks in September for the installation, and when it re-opens, it's the HMH for about 13 or so weeks through the first week of January, when it closes again for 2-3 weeks for its removal. It began in 2001 with a soundtrack score by Gordon Goodwin, but in 2002, the entire holiday overlay was re-scored by John Debney using the original motion picture score by Danny Elfman as it basis. If you notice, you find sometimes two different listings of tracks denoted as "Goodwin" or "Elfman" to note which soundtrack score it came from. The Stretching Room uses the original Goodwin score for that sequence as the replacement score proved not to be as effective for that room.

I did not get to ride it in 2001, but I did make it to DLR to ride in 2003 when Oogie-Boogie was added to the attraction as well. Both holiday overlays for Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World are only done at DLR here in the United States and neither are done at WDW. The holiday overlay is also done at TDL, where it is called the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Holiday.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 23, 2011 8:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:
robertcj wrote:haha yeah....now heres what i dont understand....i heard the song/ride...lol today and i wanted to request it but it tells me that i cant till wednesday but ive heard to 3 days in a row why not all the sudden?
...It began in 2001 with a soundtrack score by Gordon Goodwin, but in 2002, the entire holiday overlay was re-scored by John Debney using the original motion picture score by Danny Elfman as it basis. If you notice, you find sometimes two different listings of tracks denoted as "Goodwin" or "Elfman" to note which soundtrack score it came from. The Stretching Room uses the original Goodwin score for that sequence as the replacement score proved not to be as effective for that room.
I did not get to ride it in 2001, but I did make it to DLR to ride in 2003 when Oogie-Boogie was added to the attraction as well. Both holiday overlays for Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World are only done at DLR here in the United States and neither are done at WDW. The holiday overlay is also done at TDL, where it is called the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Holiday.
They must have started doing the overlay in Tokyo after 2003 because it was simply the "plain" HM when I was there the second week of December 2003. That is interesting about the two soundtracks, I never knew that before...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 23, 2011 9:07 pm

I think you may have missed it by a year, Amy. I think TDL started back in 2004. Can anyone confirm TDL's starting date?