Dinosaur Loop

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

bribren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Dinosaur Loop

Post by bribren » Feb Sat 05, 2011 11:57 am

I know it wouldn't be practical but I'd love to see the Indiana Jones version in Florida. Maybe they could shoehorn it into HS.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 05, 2011 2:45 pm

bribren wrote:I know it wouldn't be practical but I'd love to see the Indiana Jones version in Florida. Maybe they could shoehorn it into HS.
I would love to dump the IJ Stunt Show for IJ-TOFE instead.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 05, 2011 3:29 pm

mindflipper wrote:
bribren wrote:I know it wouldn't be practical but I'd love to see the Indiana Jones version in Florida. Maybe they could shoehorn it into HS.
I would love to dump the IJ Stunt Show for IJ-TOFE instead.
I would be in favor of that!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 05, 2011 3:40 pm

I think IJ-TOFE would be better than IJ-Stunt Show. I've seen it more than 3 times I think and it was practically the exact same show each time. It's fun the first time around; it's just a way to escape the sun and sit down for a while the second time you see the show and thereafter.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 05, 2011 3:56 pm

mindflipper wrote:I think IJ-TOFE would be better than IJ-Stunt Show. I've seen it more than 3 times I think and it was practically the exact same show each time. It's fun the first time around; it's just a way to escape the sun and sit down for a while the second time you see the show and thereafter.
Yeah, I believe it is exactly the same show as when they first started, although this last time we went, it almost seemed a little shorter. I wonder if there is enough room where the theater is located to build the Indy ride though?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I think IJ-TOFE would be better than IJ-Stunt Show. I've seen it more than 3 times I think and it was practically the exact same show each time. It's fun the first time around; it's just a way to escape the sun and sit down for a while the second time you see the show and thereafter.
Yeah, I believe it is exactly the same show as when they first started, although this last time we went, it almost seemed a little shorter. I wonder if there is enough room where the theater is located to build the Indy ride though?
If you include the stadium seating, the show space, and backstage area, I think they could get the space...and what's behind IJ stunt show?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 05, 2011 7:41 pm

I think more sets and equipment for the show.

I am surprised that they have not changed the show at all, they still go with the script like Raiders just came out last weekend.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 05, 2011 7:51 pm

They have never adapted to add anything from any of the three films that followed. It's like Raiders was made without any sequels.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 05, 2011 9:29 pm

And the wardrobe has been the same as well. If I recall the shill they put in the audience dresses like it's 1985, which is fine if they are from eastern europe. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Since we're upgrading Star Tours from 1.0 to 2.0 this year, why not next upgrade Indiana Jones from 1.0 (the stunt show) to 2.0 (TOFE)? After all, we already the car stunt show - do we really need 2 different stunt shows??

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Yes, we do. How else can you pull a few thousand people out of circulation for an hour at a time?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 06, 2011 12:20 am

Egads! You're right! I thought it would only several hundred capacity - but according Wikipedia it's 2,085 (if Wiki is right)!

Anyway, maybe introduce a new and different show instead? Add something more to backlot tour to make it longer again?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Tue 08, 2011 4:00 pm

While I trust wiki about as far as I can throw it, that capacity sounds right for the huge size of the theater.

I think the reason they never change that show or the stunt car show is that they have explosions and aren't sci-fi/western so the genre doesn't tire out nearly as fast.