What is the name of this parade?

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

ChaChing
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

What is the name of this parade?

Post by ChaChing » Aug Sat 14, 2010 7:58 am

this is a link to a video from WDWradio, and there's a parade that starts off the video. I've never seen this parade before and I'm wondering what the name of the parade and the song is, does anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3fOIwDnn5o

Thanks for any help!!!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: What is the name of this parade?

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 15, 2010 11:34 am

That would be the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate it! Street party which is a small parade/entertainment thing held in front of Cinderella castle. It is held at various times during the day and it debuts from near the firehouse. The floats are like gift boxes and there are around 5 or 6. They come out and travel around the circle by the castle. From there they have a whole dance segment which involves guest participation. During the parade they "unwrap" the gifts to bring out extra characters on top of the floats. Once the show is over, the floats then proceed back down Main Street and disappear backstage near the firehouse. It's a nice little thing if you catch it in the parks.

Hope this helps!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

ChaChing
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by ChaChing » Aug Sun 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Len90 wrote:That would be the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate it!....Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, Len90!! I knew someone here would know! You guys are so great! :mickey: Oh, and just one more question...Does the song that plays in the background have the same name as the parade or does it go by another name? I'm just wondering if I can request it on Subsonic Radio and I'm trying to make sure I'm looking for the right thing. Thanks again for any info!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 16, 2010 1:52 am

ChaChing wrote:
Len90 wrote:That would be the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate it!....Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, Len90!! I knew someone here would know! You guys are so great! :mickey: Oh, and just one more question...Does the song that plays in the background have the same name as the parade or does it go by another name? I'm just wondering if I can request it on Subsonic Radio and I'm trying to make sure I'm looking for the right thing. Thanks again for any info!
I don't believe the music for that parade is available on Subsonic yet. I am really hoping that it will be on here one day in the future. If you look on youtube there is videos that have the music in it. I do know that at the ending they play two versions of Celebrate You as the floats pack up and start rolling out of the circle. One version is the original Corbin Bleu which can easily be found searching online. The other one is a parade type version.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

ChaChing
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by ChaChing » Aug Mon 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Len90 wrote: I don't believe the music for that parade is available on Subsonic yet. I am really hoping that it will be on here one day in the future. If you look on youtube there is videos that have the music in it. I do know that at the ending they play two versions of Celebrate You as the floats pack up and start rolling out of the circle. One version is the original Corbin Bleu which can easily be found searching online. The other one is a parade type version.
Thanks again, Len90, for all the info, I really appreciate it...yeah, and I also hope Subsonic Radio will one day include the music from this parade.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Wed 18, 2010 1:09 am

No problem. Glad I was able to help you out with everything!
- Len90