No votes

Total votes: 64

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Favorite music/sounds played on Subsonic Radio

Post by sockfire » Feb Wed 25, 2004 6:30 pm

:!: Vote in the poll to tell Subsonic what you want to hear! :!:
Last edited by sockfire on Sep Sat 04, 2004 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Type of music

Post by Guest » Mar Thu 04, 2004 2:24 pm

Rides and Epcot Future World music is my favorite.

vogus

favorite music

Post by vogus » Mar Thu 11, 2004 3:37 pm

I like the music from the specific rides. I would love to hear "If you had wings." That is one of my old favorites. I also love the music from the Mexican Pavilion in EPCOT, the music fromm the defunct World of Motion in EPCOT, and other EPCOT rides that have been destroyed (Universe of Energy (before Ellen), Horizons, the Land). I also would like to hear the background music being played during the Space Mountain line (WDW). Great site! Great radio! Thanks for the time and energy.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vogus

Post by subsonic » Mar Fri 12, 2004 1:33 am

Hey there,

I enjoy the EPCOT music also. I know I have "If You Had Wings", "It's Fun To Be Free" - Word of Motion.

I believe I also have some Music from Space Mtn. at WDW.

There's a problem, I don't know how I can work it out so the requests will happen when you're listening. Well, there's a few suggestions. Join an IRC chat or IM me :D

I'm hoping this site starts kicking more. If I know people are listening and joining at community I'll be more willing to put more time into it. :) I think I should integrate a web IRC chat. Hmm, something to research.

Thanks for the kind words and stop by again! I'll look around for those other music/audio you requested.

Kayla

music

Post by Kayla » Apr Wed 07, 2004 11:18 am

I would love to hear both ride and area music... however, I would mostly love to hear music from the movies and television specials (Disney Valentine, Disney Halloween, etc)

cliff_77

Post by cliff_77 » Apr Tue 13, 2004 10:25 am

I personally love to hear music/audio from both the haunted mansion and pirates of the caribbean (they are my two favorite rides.) Fortunately, they both are featured in the rotation pretty heavily.

I actually have a kinda interesting haunted mansion mp3 if you are interested in checking it out (assuming you haven't heard it already). I assume that it's from when the haunted mansion opened, and it's the story of two teenagers that end up going into the haunted mansion and exploring it, much in the same fashion that a person does when going on the ride. The most interesting part of the whole thing is that the boy in the story is played by Ron Howard. :)

If anyone wants to check it out, I'll find it and post it somewhere (if memory serves, it about 18 minutes long and is about a 30 mb download in two files.)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Tue 13, 2004 11:47 am

Get in contact with Happyfunball. He's got an FTP server up. I've been abusing him as a file server.

He's always in IRC or you can click on his IM.

I've set up an easy link to use IRC webchat.
http://www.subsonicradio.com/chat.php

cliff_77

Post by cliff_77 » Apr Tue 13, 2004 5:36 pm

I uploaded the files to the ftp server if anyone is interested, but after poking around a bit I found out that the files were also already up there in another folder.

I took a look at the files, and the only difference between the two is that the part 1 that I uploaded appears to be 192kbit vs. the one that is already up there which is only 128kbit. The second part is identical.

Happyfunball, feel free to delete them at your discretion since they are dupes.

I have some additional stuff that I will try and upload tonight when I get home.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Wed 14, 2004 11:06 am

All of this talk of trading new files really makes me want to put up new tracks. Ugh, if only I could make the time, I get home and just want to relax. I have motivation problems. :oops:

cliff_77

Post by cliff_77 » Apr Wed 14, 2004 3:30 pm

I posted a couple more albums last night (all disney soundtracks so not quite on topic, but I figured someone may like them.) I have a couple more that I will rip and post when I get a second.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Apr Wed 14, 2004 4:21 pm

Are they music/audio from rides and stuff that's themed for the shoutcast station?

cliff_77

Post by cliff_77 » Apr Wed 14, 2004 10:28 pm

No, not really. Soundtracks from a couple of disney movies (Treasure Planet, Pirate of the Caribean and The Emporers New Groove.) When I was poking around yesterday I saw that there some other soundtracks up there and thought that someone may be interested.

I was thinking today though that I do have a bunch of digital video from last time I was at disneyland that has a full set of the Billy Hill and the Hillbilly's performance and I think at least a couple of songs by the Bayou Brass Band. I'll take a look at it when I get a second, and if the audio is of a decent quality I'll rip it off and make it into mp3's. Might be kinda interesting.

Disneyfan

Post by Disneyfan » Apr Tue 27, 2004 7:36 pm

I guess I never stay in the "areas" during quiet times. I am surprised at some of the content of different areas that I never heard before. I would have to say the Epcot entrance music is the most familiar since there is more chance of hearing the music there since the people are more spread out even when it is busier.

sockfire

area sounds

Post by sockfire » May Wed 26, 2004 2:24 am

I was outside the bathrooms in New Orleans Square last week and was just listening to the sounds.

I could here a little jazz trio playing live music around the corner. I could here some voodoo lady doing some voodoo stuff in one of the windows upstairs. And I could hear the announcement for the train that was about to pull into the station there.

Never a dull moment, even outside the bathroom. 8)

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Wed 26, 2004 12:40 pm

Someone mentioned to me that there's too much Pirates and Haunted Mansion being played. And not just on my station. It would be cool to get these more obscure tracks, that sockfire mentioned, in and take out the "commonly heard" tracks out. I find people requesting those too much.