Disneyland ONLY stream?

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Len, we could still take a vote and see what the consensus is. It wouldn't hurt to see what's out there. We have a lot of people now and lets face it, with how overloaded the request stream is, we could keep a lot more people satisfied.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Yikes! Do I regret making that suggestion!

Jacca5660, its not up to Len90 or Rich - if Jcodirewolf is hosting that stream, then its really up to him and Subsonic if they want to switch the streams out. Voting on anything is pointless as its ultimately their decision about making changes. You can plead your case/idea to them.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 19, 2009 8:01 pm

mindflipper wrote:Yikes! Do I regret making that suggestion!

Jacca5660, its not up to Len90 or Rich - if Jcodirewolf is hosting that stream, then its really up to him and Subsonic if they want to switch the streams out. Voting on anything is pointless as its ultimately their decision about making changes. You can plead your case/idea to them.
Ultimately it's up to the people that come to Subsonic. I don't think Sub or anyone else is going to go out of their way to alienate people.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Ultimately it's up to the people that come to Subsonic.
If we were really customers and this website was a really a business, then in the true sense of capitalism then I would say the customers do ultimately decide what happens in a competitive market. That's not the case here. I don't pay a membership fee, help to cover expenses, or provide equipement or bandwith. I just enjoy the benefits. Most of us are the same way. And as we're not the owners or have any economic stake in this website's operations, then we should only politely make suggestions and abide by the decision of the website management. I'm sure they do not wish to alienate us, but we're not here to alienate them either.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 19, 2009 8:56 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Ultimately it's up to the people that come to Subsonic.
If we were really customers and this website was a really a business, then in the true sense of capitalism then I would say the customers do ultimately decide what happens in a competitive market. That's not the case here. I don't pay a membership fee, help to cover expenses, or provide equipement or bandwith. I just enjoy the benefits. Most of us are the same way. And as we're not the owners or have any economic stake in this website's operations, then we should only politely make suggestions and abide by the decision of the website management. I'm sure they do not wish to alienate us, but we're not here to alienate them either.
That's about it, folks. Mindflipper is absolutely correct, and we should respect the way things are.
Nothing wrong with suggestions, but we can't impose our collective will on something we aren't paying for... IMHO....
Although I can think of few exclusive streams I would love to see... *cough, cough*
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 19, 2009 11:50 pm

As long as Disney park music is still being played, I'm happy!!! :mickey:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 20, 2009 2:08 am

In the past years many things have changed on Subsonic because of a majority of members asking for those changes. No we don't pay for Subsonic and yes it all volunteer, but that doesn't mean you are powerless. I would not want to live in a world where people are told no because others are in control and that means they (the masses) have no opinion.

It's not like that here and I feel you are ASSUMING to much. I'm trying not to make this personal, but is your opinion anything more than an assumption or is it something based on known facts?

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Oct Tue 20, 2009 8:48 am

mindflipper wrote:Yikes! Do I regret making that suggestion!
Oh noes... Mindflipper you should never feel regret for making a suggestion. We want this to be the best radio site for all users, and love when users make suggestions. You should feel free to give a suggestion or opinion.

We do have to weigh what is best for the overall site and what we can do with the limited resources we have. Would it be cool to run all those streams, yes it would. Can we physically do that now no. But that doesn't make it a bad suggestion.

FYI: since today is Tuesday there are Disneyland blocks on the scheduled stream.
Scheduled Stream

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]