Old TVs at the Magic Kingdom Bus Stops

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

missy28
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Old TVs at the Magic Kingdom Bus Stops

Post by missy28 » Apr Thu 16, 2009 9:03 am

There are still TVs at the Magic Kingdom bus stops to the hotels, but they aren't playing anything anymore (at least not in the past few years when I've been there)- but they used to play a great loop about the other parks- anyone remember it?

I would LOVE to see that track added... I just remember one of the lines was "THIS is EPCOT!" I loved it.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Fri 17, 2009 9:12 pm

I, personally, do not recall them. But, that may be because I just never noticed them before.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:01 pm

I remember them... they had them at the other parks too for a time, always advertising the parks you weren't at. It may have only been at MK and Epcot. I don't remember them 100%, but it seems to me that most of what they were playing was off of the resort tv loop where they talk about the parks, so perhaps those tracks would be similar.

I've never seen (heard) recordings of those in particular, though.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

bribren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by bribren » Jul Sat 18, 2009 8:04 am

I miss the TVs. It was something to do while standing there.

noledawg
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by noledawg » Jul Sat 18, 2009 9:03 am

I never really take the buses. In fact, I can't remember the last time I took a bus, we always have our car - it's so much faster.
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. -- St. Augustine

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sat 18, 2009 11:55 am

If you're staying on property, the bus is the only way to go. Why bother driving after a long day in the parks.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Jul Sat 18, 2009 1:16 pm

bribren wrote:I miss the TVs. It was something to do while standing there.
Yeah, that would be great now, especially while you're waiting for those All Star Resort and Pop Century busses.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 19, 2009 10:29 am

I wish they still had the t.v.'s! It think the buses run less often now than they used to. When we're on property we only use Disney Transportation. We figure why spend extra money on a rental car?! The vacation already costs enough. But, I guess if you can afford the luxury of a rental, or you drive down there, use the car!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 21, 2009 9:57 pm

The only place that they still have a TV at the bus stop that is working is the Grand Floridian. However, there was no special program running on it. They were just playing the Must Do Disney which is the new title for the progra with Stacey. I also miss those TV's. They would really help in passing the time now since you have to wait extra time.

We actually rent a car just so we can go off property and to be able to drop all our bundles off in the trunk when we are at the village. However, for the theme parks, you can't beat the Disney Transportation. It's door to door service.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MedievalBoy13
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by MedievalBoy13 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 6:53 pm

I came back a few weeks ago from WDW. I stayed the Swan and Dolphin. The bus stop TV's were playing what they usually play just fine.