Star Wars/Tours

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Star Wars/Tours

Post by MadEye » Apr Fri 03, 2009 8:01 am

I was looking for a Star Tours area loop and noticed that there is none. It got me thinking. Would the main theme of Star wars or the Imperial March be out of the question because they were made for the movies and not the attraction? Just wondering because the Indiana Jones Loop from MGM has a lot of movie themes and it is a choice in the playlist, so I thought I would ask.

Same thing could be asked of Mulch, Sweat and Shears because they don't play original songs, they play "Classic" Rock n Roll.

Thanks in advance
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Star Tours

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Fri 03, 2009 1:33 pm

That area loop would be Cool. Also there is the Jedi Show that could be included in that, or as a seperate track! That would be neat! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Re: Star Wars/Tours

Post by js3901 » Apr Fri 03, 2009 4:06 pm

MadEye wrote:I was looking for a Star Tours area loop and noticed that there is none. It got me thinking. Would the main theme of Star wars or the Imperial March be out of the question because they were made for the movies and not the attraction? Just wondering because the Indiana Jones Loop from MGM has a lot of movie themes and it is a choice in the playlist, so I thought I would ask.

Same thing could be asked of Mulch, Sweat and Shears because they don't play original songs, they play "Classic" Rock n Roll.

Thanks in advance
this is a gray area in the grand scheme of things. Sub has said he doesn't want things that are played on other stations (like popular music), yet we just recently added British Invasion music (which is nothing but Beatles covers).

really, it's up to Subsonic, and his preferences on the track(s) in question. basically, if there's a question as to whether or not it'll be played, just upload it. If Sub wants it (thinks it belongs in the playlist), we'll add it...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by annafab » Apr Fri 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Yes yes YES!!! Add the Star Wars/Tours stuff!!! omgosh I'd love you guys forever...
:nemo:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Star Wars/Tours

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sat 04, 2009 2:10 am

js3901 wrote:
MadEye wrote:I was looking for a Star Tours area loop and noticed that there is none. It got me thinking. Would the main theme of Star wars or the Imperial March be out of the question because they were made for the movies and not the attraction? Just wondering because the Indiana Jones Loop from MGM has a lot of movie themes and it is a choice in the playlist, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance
this is a gray area in the grand scheme of things. Sub has said he doesn't want things that are played on other stations (like popular music), yet we just recently added British Invasion music (which is nothing but Beatles covers).

really, it's up to Subsonic, and his preferences on the track(s) in question. basically, if there's a question as to whether or not it'll be played, just upload it. If Sub wants it (thinks it belongs in the playlist), we'll add it...
Thank you for adding the British Invasion! But your argument has never held water! We have always had all the POPULAR music from CA!! Most of that is either soft rock or music from non-Disney movies! To say it's not Disney is wrong, all this music sets it up to seem like if it's played in the parks, well, it IS Disney!!! :roll:

This really doesn't hold water if you take in account all of the resort music we have. A great deal of this stuff is non-Disney music. For example a lot of the music from the WL resort is Copeland, it great music form a great American composer, but it's not Disney. Having never stayed at that resort, when I hear it a think of a John Wayne or Richard Widmark cowboy movie. For someone who has stayed there it's Disney music.

Now to say Star Wars area music is "NOT" Disney music is WRONG!! For a lot of people, me included, it brings back memories of the Studios and a few Star Wars weekends! Those are DISNEY MEMORIES!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Sat 04, 2009 9:27 am

I guess it's all up to Subsonic in the end. Now if I could find a single CD/CD set with most of what they play in the area, get permission to upload and see where it goes from there...
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Sun 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Star Tours is one thing, but to add Star Wars music - even if its in the queue - makes it become a movie soundtrack website. Then everyone would want to upload other soundtracks as well. It's not like the server has infinite space, does it? I can see the POV not to add those tracks.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Mon 07, 2009 12:48 am

While we're on the subject of Star Tours/Wars, I was wondering if the BGM from the Star Trader in DL was available. I don't know if the music is played at DHS or not, but it is not music from the movies.
I heard the music on some other station a long time ago and wondered where I could find them....or if someone had them to upload to the site.

While I understand that we don't want this site to turn into a movie soundtrack site, there is also non-movie music in the queue of Star Tours. So if there was a track with the exit music of the ride (which is movie music) I would be ok with that. It makes me think of exiting the ride. Besides, the Illuminations preshow music is not Disney either, and I love that music!

Ok, there's my 2 cents.... :)

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Mon 07, 2009 3:55 am

MmeLeota wrote:While we're on the subject of Star Tours/Wars, I was wondering if the BGM from the Star Trader in DL was available. I don't know if the music is played at DHS or not, but it is not music from the movies.
I heard the music on some other station a long time ago and wondered where I could find them....or if someone had them to upload to the site.

While I understand that we don't want this site to turn into a movie soundtrack site, there is also non-movie music in the queue of Star Tours. So if there was a track with the exit music of the ride (which is movie music) I would be ok with that. It makes me think of exiting the ride. Besides, the Illuminations preshow music is not Disney either, and I love that music!

Ok, there's my 2 cents.... :)

Great choice...It all comes down to Sub and he has not made it to WDW a lot!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Sep Mon 07, 2009 6:28 pm

I've got a star tours area music, but it's only a 3 minute clip... i'll upload it tonight
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Sep Mon 07, 2009 8:42 pm

We used to be pickier with what we uploaded. But recently have realized that for different people, they have different experiences so their memories of a Disney park are different. As a result we have expanded the music types, to include tracks like The British Invasion. As I get some free time I will be adding more diverse tracks

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]