AM radio announcements

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

ronatie
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

AM radio announcements

Post by ronatie » Feb Thu 26, 2009 11:40 pm

I remember when you would drive in to WDW from the freeway they'd have a sign up saying "tune your AM radio to this station" and you would go to that station and hear announcements/advertisements for the park voiced by the Disney characters.

So my questions are:

Do those still exist now?

Are they on this site somewhere and if so what are they called? I want to listen to them.

Thanks!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Feb Fri 27, 2009 5:33 am

Last time I was there (in October), I'm pretty sure I saw the 'Travel information tune to (whatever radio station)' sign, so I think they're still out there.

I don't think they're on the site, though.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Feb Fri 27, 2009 5:48 am

I can tell you that we do not have them (at least out of the files I know we have in the playlist already, as well as the 1GB worth of tracks I'm currently going through (that doesn't include the other 9 GB that we still need to sort through).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Fri 27, 2009 1:30 pm

I don't remember seeing any Disney-specific travel info signs, and I was just there two days ago.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Feb Fri 27, 2009 1:34 pm

I seem to remember Winnie the Pooh telling you where to park and stuff. Or maybe he just said "hey" and that friendly-voiced WDW guy gave you actual info. Something like that.

Those would be fun to hear, especially if the masters are out there and they could be heard without the AM crackle.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Fri 27, 2009 1:52 pm

I remember those, growing up so near the parks my parents would take back roads onto property to "fool" us as to our destination. This was before there was signage on every possible byway onto property. When we would get close, my dad would switch to the Disney AM station. It was basically just welcome to Disney and information on the parks. It was/is similar to the info channel they play in the resorts.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin