Hollywood Studios - Holly Day Parade?

Request files to be added to/removed from the playlist

Moderator: Moderators

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Hollywood Studios - Holly Day Parade?

Post by 99Soulz » Sep Tue 16, 2008 9:22 am

I know, I know, it's only September and I'm bringing up holiday music before Halloween AND Thanksgiving. I should be ashamed.

But, we are travelling down to WDW for another trip during the holidays and was wondering if you had the Holly Day Parade track? I tried a few variations of the name and could not find in the requests.

Thanks much, and thanks for all that you do to make this site incredibly entertaining and useful!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Tue 16, 2008 11:19 am

I've never heard of this parade. I've searched all the references I know of for past parades/shows/attractions, but can't find a thing. any additional info you have would be greatly appreciated in tracking down this... track....
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

JPWDW
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by JPWDW » Sep Tue 16, 2008 5:27 pm

The parade, its the christmas version of the past and old Cars, Motors and Stars parade. This parade was presented each christmas time, but disney changed its name after each season, so it might not be a very easy to find abut. In fact the major name given to it, was Hollywood Holly-Day Parade. I have a few versions of video from it. :D
"Peace and goodwill to everyone on Earth"

js3901

Post by js3901 » Sep Tue 16, 2008 7:10 pm

JPWDW wrote:The parade, its the christmas version of the past and old Cars, Motors and Stars parade. This parade was presented each christmas time, but disney changed its name after each season, so it might not be a very easy to find abut. In fact the major name given to it, was Hollywood Holly-Day Parade. I have a few versions of video from it. :D
would you mind sending me a copy of these videos? maybe put them up on google videos or somewhere I can download them? If the audio quality is decent, I'll extract it for possible addition to the playlist
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Sep Wed 17, 2008 11:12 am

JPWDW, thanks for shedding more light on this. Yes, it was the 3pm parade replacing Stars and Motorcars during the holidays. I'm sure I have some video as well but it will not be the complete parade, just segments.

I hope they bring it back this year, but with Stars and Motorcars discontinued I guess the chances are slim.

JPWDW

Post by JPWDW » Sep Wed 17, 2008 4:53 pm

js3901 wrote:
JPWDW wrote:The parade, its the christmas version of the past and old Cars, Motors and Stars parade. This parade was presented each christmas time, but disney changed its name after each season, so it might not be a very easy to find abut. In fact the major name given to it, was Hollywood Holly-Day Parade. I have a few versions of video from it. :D
would you mind sending me a copy of these videos? maybe put them up on google videos or somewhere I can download them? If the audio quality is decent, I'll extract it for possible addition to the playlist
I'll see if I can, the smallest one I have is 320x240, but the audio quality isnt good. There was a girl screaming while the parade was filmed. But if you can logg in on AIM (I already have your profile) I might send it from there.

JPWDW

Post by JPWDW » Sep Wed 17, 2008 4:55 pm

99Soulz wrote:JPWDW, thanks for shedding more light on this. Yes, it was the 3pm parade replacing Stars and Motorcars during the holidays. I'm sure I have some video as well but it will not be the complete parade, just segments.

I hope they bring it back this year, but with Stars and Motorcars discontinued I guess the chances are slim.
I guess Disney wants to design a new parade, because as now they offer Block and Party Bash, maybe a new version of a Hollywood christmas parade based on the new one.

js3901

Post by js3901 » Sep Wed 17, 2008 5:02 pm

JPWDW wrote: I'll see if I can, the smallest one I have is 320x240, but the audio quality isnt good. There was a girl screaming while the parade was filmed. But if you can logg in on AIM (I already have your profile) I might send it from there.
I'm always logged in, but may be set to away. I'm also always on MSN. if you get an away message, I'll respond eventually (when I get home from work)

Site Admin, WDW Freak

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Oct Tue 28, 2008 6:40 pm

I was searching around for some information on this parade whether they were going to bring it back this year or not and I found last year's video of it. Not sure how great the audio is though. Also, the parade is set up like a big city parade (al la NYC's Macy's Thanksgiving Parade) so not sure how well it would translate to just audio but nevertheless, here is the link in case we want to upload to the server.

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-513.asp

I do not have the file, and tried to extract myself but with no luck.

JPWDW

Post by JPWDW » Oct Tue 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Yes, and thanks.